That Colak moment today

Not sure what else to call it :)) Are we allowed to talk about it in a light hearted way now since we won the game?

I like the big guy, he's usually a clinical finisher and his link up play is nowhere near as bad as made out. Definitely has a future with us as a squad option imo.

But what in the name of f*ck was that? :oops:

I think it's up there with Cammy Bell at Fir Park, and Waghorn running the ball out of play at Hampden as one of the shittest things I've ever seen a Rangers player do.

Haven't seen a replay of it and don't think I want to!
Love the big man and he's a goal machine normally, but agreed that was honking.

gn16.png

Strikers ,goal scorers , centre forwards all live to score goals and Colak is no different. But that today should have been a pass across to Fashion for a tap in. Shocking decision by Toni.

He's never good enough to be our number 1 striker, he wasn't brought in for that!

He was brought in on the cheap, 3rd choice behind Morelos and Roofe. He's a great option for the squad

He will do us a good turn as a squad player but cannot lead the line next year.

For a big fella his holdup play is shocking.

Curiously enough @Angrybluebear isn’t in the mood for the pointless bumping of old threads today. I can’t think why.

Colak had a shocker today. He’s a good option to have, but I’d never in a million years fancy us to win a title with him as our main man up top.
He has done well in the role we signed him for - 3rd choice striker. We have to sort Alfie's replacement and Roofe . Two new strikers needed with Colak as third choice.

He was brought in as a replacement (upgrade) for Itten, I hope we can agree that he is that. He is not though and never will be a first choice striker for Rangers.

We will need 2 better options this summer if Alfie goes.

I think his head is so full with getting a goal his footballing brain has taken a back-seat. He is IMO trying to convince everyone he is no.1 striker, with the Morelos contract talks in the air.

didnt one of they sites that shows stats predict ( that most folk scoff at ) this downturn in his goal scoring ?

Ridiculously shocking performance. 2 key moments in either box sum it up. He should have been removed for the first one. Having said that Sakala would probably have missed the tap in anyway. Thats how poor we are up front.

He should have a least shot across the keeper. It was schoolboy stuff. Our forward line is shocking at the moment

I like the big man but it was incredible how bad it was. It was as if he had double vision or completely lost his bearings.
For the whole game?

I can rarely recall a worse performance from any Rangers player in the last 50 Seasons.

The failure to cut it back to Fashion was bad enough but he managed to eclipse it with his part in motherwells second goal.

This summer is massive in so many vital positions none more so than GK and striker. Colak isn’t near what we need.

For the whole game?

I can rarely recall a worse performance from any Rangers player in the last 50 Seasons.

The failure to cut it back to Fashion was bad enough but he managed to eclipse it with his part in motherwells second goal.

This summer is massive in so many vital positions none more so than GK and striker. Colak isn’t near what we need.

Yeh, its one of the worst performances I've ever seen from a Rangers player to be honest.

Night and day from Easter Road where he was very good.

Colak is not good enough. His commitment can’t be question and gives his all but the quality isn’t there. We cannot go into next season with him leading the line.

There has to be an element of realism when it comes to Colak. Is there a place for him in the squad over the course of a season? Absolutely - he's scored 16 goals this season and deserve immense credit for that.

Is he a starting no.9 for Rangers? Absolutely not. There's a reason he's 29 and played for 11 different clubs.

Fundamentally, he'd be nowhere near Rangers had he not scored twice against us for a team we really should have dispatched of without much fuss.

He should be our third choice striker, nothing more.
But what does that say about our other strikers when he's scored 17 goals and he's been out injured a few months?
Our other striker has scored 10 which is less than our right-back.

We need two strikers in the summer whether we keep Colak or not Morelos is done and Roofes always injured.

Curiously enough @Angrybluebear isn’t in the mood for the pointless bumping of old threads today. I can’t think why.

Colak had a shocker today. He’s a good option to have, but I’d never in a million years fancy us to win a title with him as our main man up top.
He's our top scorer. Our best option by far. You need to move on from Kent

A shocker of an attempt at goal and should have squared it anyway for Sakala to tap in. Also at fault for 2nd goal.

As others have rightfully said, I've got no problems with him being 2nd or 3rd choice striker but we need more quality for sure.

He had about 4 seconds to square it.

It was a bizarre decision in a strange performance from Colak where I wasn’t sure where he was playing

It looked like he completely overthought it and by the time he made a decision he was out of space, or he thought he was.

I think his head is so full with getting a goal his footballing brain has taken a back-seat. He is IMO trying to convince everyone he is no.1 striker, with the Morelos contract talks in the air.
Possibly that explains more than anything else why he takes on a shot that was never on.

We won't sign Morelos I don't think listening to Beale that he's a priority. Colak was poor today no doubt.

I am not sure what was going through the big man's head. To not cut the ball back was an incredible decision but to hit the ball the way he did was just pure insanity. I suspect he'll be getting ripped by the rest of the players as it was a moment of pure madness.

It didn't affect the end result of the game but it's the kind of decision making that gives the manager every right to drop you.

I like Colak. I think he's a really good big striker. His overall play is much better than he is given credit for and his work rate is excellent but he lost the f**king plot over that one. :))

I’d hook a player straight away for that.

Okay at 4-0 up chasing a hat trick perhaps.

Contrast to Alfie who didn’t take shot from a piss angle and got it back to tillman

With Alfie leaving we’re going to need to sign 2 strikers in the summer, a huge task.

Back