That Easter Road pitch

Speminalium8

That pitch was very difficult to play football on yet we managed it whereas Hibs would just hoof it. Any grass that was there was thin and extremely short among bare patches. It’s to our credit we kept at it and played the ball on the deck and battled for it when in the air. There were times in the past under these conditions we’d have just got bullied. A decent pitch like they have in the EPL would help our game no end.

Ross Jack admitted the pitch was terrible in his interview. I wonder if Hibs told Rangers in advance, like Motherwell did recently.

Morelos's miss in front of the goal was mainly down to the state of the pitch as it clearly bobbled up before it came to him ,although he should probably still have scored

It was awful but I don't really want to criticise it too much due to Ibrox not being in great nick either. Anyone flick over to the Man Utd game at the end? Old Trafford was in pristine condition, like a bowling green and it's not like Manchester doesn't get a bit of rain. Is it a case of get what you pay for? Time for us to up the budget IF that has been the case for us

It was awful but I don't really want to criticise it too much due to Ibrox not being in great nick either. Anyone flick over to the Man Utd game at the end? Old Trafford was in pristine condition, like a bowling green and it's not like Manchester doesn't get a bit of rain. Is it a case of get what you pay for? Time for us to up the budget IF that has been the case for us
Yep. Ours is not great at all. Definitely need to prioritise an overhaul of our pitch and the soil etc. under it.

Turned over to Man Utd game as well and their pitch was immaculate. So green, compared to the brown and yellow shit we played on tonight.

"a good team can play anywhere" even though the spoon burners decided to water it with ACID!

How much would a decent pitch cost?
Op is correct about epl pitches being decent but how much does it actually cost to have a pitch like epl teams have?
Seems to me most teams up here just accept the pitch will be bad for around 3 months of any season and not spend much on it

How much would a decent pitch cost?
Op is correct about epl pitches being decent but how much does it actually cost to have a pitch like epl teams have?
Seems to me most teams up here just accept the pitch will be bad for around 3 months of any season and not spend much on it
The attitude in Scotland has to change. They are cheating the fans with the state of these pitches. And I include ours which has been poor for a few seasons now.

Is it any wonder no-one wants to invest in Scottish football? Any outsider looking in on that tonight would take one look at the pitch and switch channels straight away.

Clubs need to up their game and prioritise pitch improvements.

I'd say so mate. Old Trafford was well known for being really poor in years gone by, however they spent a fortune on it and it shows. I strongly believe we were disadvantaged by the state of the Ibrox pitch after Christmas last year. It was appalling. I really hope we can get it sorted properly for next year.

Hibs pitch was a disgrace but tbh Ibrox isn’t amazing atm (way way better than what we played on tonight mind and better than this time last season). I think most EPL clubs have the 96% grass hybrid mix pitches and they aren’t cheap to install or maintain but for me it has to be a priority in the summer.

Basic lack of investment. Its always been a bit of a harder shorter pitch for some reason. This time of year it's pretty cold there but they don't get half as much rain as the West Coast does in Leith.

Flicked over to Man Utd game after ours. Had to put my sunnies on as Old Trafford was so vibrant green compared to Easter Road sand pit

One of the reasons the Pitches in scotland are as poor as the under soil heating has been on almost constantly for 5 weeks now, yes Man Utd pitch is excellent but they have had temps around 10 degrees recently while we have been down about 2/3 degrees . I was in Manchester Tuesday night for work and the temperature difference was very noticeable .
they will obviously spend a lot more money on there park aswell.

Morelos's miss in front of the goal was mainly down to the state of the pitch as it clearly bobbled up before it came to him ,although he should probably still have scored
The ball didn’t bobble, it bounced twice on the way across the box. A simple side foot and it’s a goal. Nothing to do with the pitch!

Despite all their problems Hearts invested a lot on their hybrid pitch two years ago, probably to the detriment of the team. But in the long term they will benefit.

As a team who like to play it on the deck I think it’s no coincidence that we were playing our best free footballing when the pitches were in better condition. That‘s both Jack and Kent highlighted it in the last two games.

It was poor, as was motherwells recently, our own pitch looks okayish now after looking patchy in december

An embarrassment at that level. I understand the weathers been bad, but that pitch looked like Ray Charles had been asked to give it a Brazilian. I laughed at the groundsmen on at full time as though they've been working hard on it.
Like minds and all that. I laughed inwardly at a groundsman forking the mud.

Scottish football is a joke. No league sponsor. Plastic pitches. Pitches that look like Ray Charles had given it a Brazilian with a six month old orange Bic. Bent officials. Bent administrators. Faroese League level tv income. Jack Dross looking like his wife dresses him on trips to Forever 21. The list is endless.

The only suggestion of serious professionalism is Stevie and his backroom team and Ross Wilson.

People moaning on the match thread last night about us not get forward quick enough.

we tried to do one touch passing to reduce touches on the ball because it was like playing on the street that pitch last night, the ball just skiffs off the ground, bobbles and bounces.

One of the reasons the Pitches in scotland are as poor as the under soil heating has been on almost constantly for 5 weeks now, yes Man Utd pitch is excellent but they have had temps around 10 degrees recently while we have been down about 2/3 degrees . I was in Manchester Tuesday night for work and the temperature difference was very noticeable .
they will obviously spend a lot more money on there park aswell.

that was about the only positive of the Winter Break, it gave pitches time to recover.

grass doesnt grow much at all during the winter, undersoil heating is bad for the soil, so I don’t know why we try cram as many games in during the worst months particularly December.

I stay in Paisley my golf course has been open two days since Christmas Eve,

when was the last time anyone had to cut their grass ? How do you expect pitches to recover if we continually play on them.

Back