That fabulous Parma team of 1998/99

Amazing team.

I’m still trying to look for their 1998 home strip to buy but they are really expensive online!

I’ll never understand how we didn’t lose that 1st leg at Ibrox. The off the ball movement from Balbo and Crespo was unreal (Hendry and Amoruso were in knots).

Veron was quite but his one telling pass led to their goal.

Incredible the talent in that team
And to think we put them out the following season ,one of my top nights at Ibrox was that Parma game

Some team, that. I was at both Ibrox games in 98 and 99, and although the later is the best I've ever been at, I always remember the 98 game being against a better team. Think Veron and either Thuram or Cannavaro moved on before we met them the following season.

Tallest team I have ever seen at Ibrox (2 0 games). I was in enclosure and they were right in front of me. About 6 or 7 were same height or taller than Amo. They could all play a bit (I think the red card to Cannavaro helped us a lot).

My Granda was a geordie. I remember watching the occasional Newcastle game with him and he thought Asprilla was a brilliant player but couldn't pay him any compliments without adding "... but he needs to tuck his bloody shirt in!" on the end.

Got pictures with a few of them after the game at Ibrox.

My mum lost the lot of them at some point in time.

Fantastic side! That game at Ibrox lives forever in the memory. Brilliant performance from Rangers that evening backed from the stands by the most vociferous Rangers support I have ever witnessed at Ibrox.

Home game.

The full game of this is available online. They were the better side first half but we were very good second half. We really should have beat them with the Durie header but to be fair they missed a few good chances too.

Colin Hendry was excellent in the match.

I’ll never understand how we didn’t lose that 1st leg at Ibrox. The off the ball movement from Balbo and Crespo was unreal (Hendry and Amoruso were in knots).

Veron was quite but his one telling pass led to their goal.
We could have been a couple down in first half but second we played well. Amoruso nearly sold the jerseys that night too.

Was at both the home games.

Although I was only 6 or 7 (depending on which game), I can still remember both, as if they were yesterday.

The atmosphere at the 2nd home game would definitely be in my top 5 Ibrox atmospheres.

Was at both the home games.

Although I was only 6 or 7 (depending on which game), I can still remember both, as if they were yesterday.

The atmosphere at the 2nd home game would definitely be in my top 5 Ibrox atmospheres.
I can remember Duries miss clear as day and I was the same age as you. Was at both games but only remember them pretty vaguely. Remember our teacher telling us the score in an away leg when it was the early kick off.

Fun fact: when we knocked them out in 1999, they were favourites to win the Champions' League.

Some team, that. I was at both Ibrox games in 98 and 99, and although the later is the best I've ever been at, I always remember the 98 game being against a better team. Think Veron and either Thuram or Cannavaro moved on before we met them the following season.
I was at the 99 game, still too this day the best atmosphere ive experienced.

Back