That Feeling

I think it’s felt very strange that we’re so far in front this year not just because we’re not used to it but because we’re not used to anything resembling a procession.

For nearly 20 years our biggest triumphs(titles, cups, europe) have come down to one match of 90 minutes(plus et and pens)

There’s something very unusual about what we’re experiencing. I’m trying not to be a pessimistic bastard and enjoy every minute.

Every trophy won has been glorious in their own individual and respective way!

Given what has happened and our astonishing recovery to overcome such unforeseeable circumstances and obstacles, this I believe inevitable 55th title is the most important!

The journey back is nearly complete. Greatness awaits those who will cross the 55th finish line and cement our return to our rightful place at the top of the pile as no.1!

After all that we have all been through as a club and fans, nobody is more deserving!

WATP
GSTQ

Last edited:
Great for excitement and the game but it would be a nightmare this season. We really should be marketing the game so much better. We don’t have the money and players of the EPL but the passion we have should be used. Hopefully Rangers will now be in a position to drag the game out the gutter.

Was at Tannadice and Rugby Park amazing days. Particularly Rugby Park, first goal went in and all 4 stands erupted. Scored the 3rd and checked the time and was shocked only 7 minutes had been played. I have never watched 7 minutes of football more than that 7.

I am sorry but I can’t celebrate yet. My head says it’s done but my sphincter says hooooold!
So this shit@ bag loyal is taking one game at a time. It’s going to be emotional though....

They are all absolutely fantastic and a dagger straight through the heart of every last mentally challenged.

However they ain’t seen nothing yet, 55 is going to be absolute bedlam.

Title 50 watching at home with parents I had a Sega gamegear with a tv tuner and was about a minute ahead of other coverage. 2005 was not feeling it was up in Glasgow with pal shopping and having day out was getting update on our game.I knew we won our game but had not heard their result.Up near the barras load of Celtic fans get off the bus one of them says unbelievable I ask what was score he says 2 1 motherwell right at end of game I say that is terrible trying to keep from laughing before getting out of there sharpish. 2009 out with pals night before on it stay over at Paisley.Had agreed to meet my sister and pals down the road to watch at the Riley in Greenock got in late and we are 1 up already and then operation tango too.2011 watched up in bar budda Glsgow with sister was Rangers pub that day and what a start.Decide to go to stadium to see the team but went to pub across the road for another drink Nicos.It was all scum fans and Tlb doing his speach never bothered with drink Mcdonalds and to stadium.Bought scarf threw it on pitch and worn by one of the youth players I believe.We bowed to Walter we are not worthy and he did it back.Long post but some of the best days of my life.I will never forget them.

That was a great watch. I was lucky enough to be at the Dunfermline game and Easter Road, it was amazing. It genuinely felt like a miracle when the news came in Motherwell had scored! Special mention for Operation Tango too, best prank ever!

2003 - was at a family members christening (whatever possessed them to have it that day is beyond me). Celtic fans in attendance kept popping into the lounge (all the bears remained with the christening party), Yes 1 nil sellik, 2 nil sellik, 3 nil sellik, 4 nil sellik. Wee while later, they came back through, faces tripping them. 4 nil sellik, 6 wan the huns! My uncle and myself burst into tears. Wed done it. Met up with my pals that night (was 16 at the time) and celebrated the rest of the night.
2005: met my gf at the time at her work, then a taxi over to the kirky Rangers as the game had already kicked off. Got in just at half time.
Second half starts, wee novo scores and theres cheers but slightly muted as that lot were still winning. The game goes on, and theres almost an acceptance that it wasn't too be. Place is quiet. Then 2 lassies at the far side of the hall started bouncing and screaming "they've scored, they've scored" cue mass confusion. Then it comes on the screens, the team in black have scored. Motherwell at home, mentally challengeds had a black strip. But then the realisation that they were in their green and grey rags, and all of a sudden it was utter bedlam. We didn't know what to do. Then full time at our game cue the biggest celebration I've ever seen. Honestly didn't know theyd lost until about 9 that night.
2009: me and my step dad made our way to the Glassy only to be knocked back. Walked over to Binghams and got in. Pints flowing, we got talking to a lad from Belfast who must have been close to 7ft. Just as the game kicks off I said to them "imagine after all that's happened big Lafferty scores" 5 minutes later the big yin duly obliges. "Cmon Rangers a wee goal before half time!" Thank you Pedro. All we need now is big Boydy to score. Yeeesss!! Lad from Belfast "wee man you got the lottery numbers??" Great night after that.
2011: down in Liverpool for a pals wedding reception, brilliant weekend and then out for the game. Went to the Orange Halls in Everton, and all they had was a wee screen with an internet stream which didn't work. Then one of the regulars told us the King Harry would be showing it. Zoom, out the door, into a taxi, but there was 6 of us, so I was to lie on the floor. Got to the king Harry, just as 3 liverpool supporters come running round the corner "hes scored, Laffertys scored!" Checked my watch, no bad just over 5 mins were a goal up. Walked into the pub. Bloody hell, 7 mins gone were 3 up. "Christ were as well going home and getting the cigars out the games done". Cheers when Jelavic scored his free kick. Then the ball passed through to Lafferty. Me and my wee step bro done the Dioufy and hugged each other and he hadnt even put the ball in the net.
The train home was something else. We were all celebrating and we stopped at Wigan, I think, and the platform was full of west ham fans whod just been relegated. Unbelievable weekend.

But I have absolutely no doubts, 55 will top the lot.

I felt quite emotional watching that....especially seeing Fernando lifting that league trophy.....made me think of how many of our loved ones have gone in these most darkest of our days since 2012 without seeing us taking back our place at the top! Thanks Op for posting that WATP

It seems a lifetime ago after the past 10 years, what we have been through to what is only a few weeks away hopefully, the second we clinch 55 I will break down in tears, and I for one will never take us winning anything for granted ever again.

Back