That Foul on Calvin Bassey

Och it was only his first serious foul ffs. Not due a booking until at least his third. Then at least two more before a red is considered.
Extract from the SFA interpretation of the Rules of Association Football...as applied only in Scotland to teams playing Glasgow Rangers.
For the sake of clarity, the opposite of this rule is applied to teams facing ra Sellik.

At times during the first half I felt the Hearts players were refereeing the game. Calling for everything and getting it from a complicit official. Unfortunately this will continue to be the norm until our Board go after referees, something they appear to have no appetite for.

Our referees are not remotely concerned about Rangers and the manner in which they officiate our games, they are however, terrified of one club. They can look and laugh at us, after all, what's going to happen, dignified silence?

Collum gave an offside decision just over half way line in Hearts half and allowed Hearts to take free kick in Rangers half. Imbecile
I can't remember exactly what happened with this one but that's actually the rule now. The offside 'offence' takes place where the player touches the ball and the free kick is taken from there, so if the Rangers player (again can't remember exactly who it was) touched the ball first in our own half then Hearts are right to take the free kick from that position.

Was fcuking raging that Collum didn't give a foul for that. As clear a foul as you'll see in a game of football, yet Collum or the linesman didn't see it. There is literally no way you can see that and not interpret it as it was.

It's easy to forget about these things when we win, but that was genuinely jaw dropping a decision.

That's the one that stuck in my mind more than any other.
It was nothing less than astonishing that a supposedly top class referee ignored it. And that's what he did, he ignored it.
That's not incompetence, it's cheating.

Was furious at the time.

Now, hmmm
giphy.gif
Never a foul.

Foul or not, it was never being given.
Collum would have seen it as Rangers fanatic Halliday trying to give us a free kick in a dangerous position.
The game within a game, been going on since football began.
It’s a pity it would occur to Collum that Andy Halliday would do that and others are as twisted as he is himself.

Back