That full stadium bouncy

Only in that video. Everyone was bouncing crazy. I has a great view of every stand doing it from the main stand.

FWIW- I don’t think that twitter video is very good or does the “stadium bouncy” any justice whatsoever.

Totally agree.

In the Copland, I didn’t see a single person not doing the bouncy, including me, rear section or front. Same down the Broomy and all along the enclosure. Wish we had some video shot from the little pockets of non bouncy Govan Rear :)

Absolutely brilliant bouncy :))

Up until the 63rd minute the atmosphere was dire. The fact the manager never referenced the support in his interview afterwards was telling.
SG knows the score. He asked for it to be to be rocking, but as per most of the time it didn't materialise.

He was correct to not mention or praise the fans because we didn't turn up apart from a wee blast after each goal.

Any fan can sing when they are winning. However, a set of fans supporting when the team need it most is more worthy of praise.

The first half was one of the quitest Euro home games I have ever been to.

The tone was set when the Copland sat down in their seats after kick off. You just knew it was going to be a subdued atmosphere, and so it turned out.

As for the early leavers. They continue to astound me.

SG is clearly frustrated by this - and no wonder.

Rapid last year was pretty much non stop, electric atmosphere. I remember seeing Vienna supporters on their forums saying we were the best and loudest they’d ever seen.

No idea why we were flat but last night’s atmosphere didn’t impress me at all other than just after the goals.
I was talking about the bouncy mate.

atmosphere was poor until we scored as per. We simply have people in the stadium that can’t be arsed unless moaning

For matchday experience and fan atmosphere, I preferred Dingwall last week. And that shouldn't be the case.

No point in sugar coating it, overall our support were very disappointing last night imo bar a short period after we scored. The great nights atmosphere wise in the past I remember, the fans were up for it right from the warm up. Tonight that most certainly wasn’t the case and during periods of the first half when the team really needed us we weren’t there for them. Why that was the case is perhaps for debate on another thread but yes the bouncy looked very impressive from the Govan rear back corner where I was and everyone to a man was conducting it for a short period.

Club Deck is always mental during the bouncy due to the fact you can actually feel it bounce (for obvious safety reasons), at times you think “shit, I’m gonna end up on the pitch in a minute” :D:D:D

I agree that the overall atmosphere until we scored was very subdued.

However, I also don’t think anyone was getting on the team’s back, which can be a problem at league matches at Ibrox.

No, the issue last night was that we watched Porto totally dominate the first half hour of the match. That’s what set the tone. We were all just thinking “bloody hell, this mob are totally decent”.

We weren’t even getting corners or dangerous free kicks or breaking with pace. In fact, we weren’t even able to press them into mistakes. The truth is they passed us off the park first half hour. That’s not going to engender atmosphere in any stadium.

Anyway, I think this thread was specifically talking about the whole stadium bouncy, which was wonderful to be part of.

Only in that video. Everyone was bouncing crazy. I has a great view of every stand doing it from the main stand.

FWIW- I don’t think that twitter video is very good or does the “stadium bouncy” any justice whatsoever.
I know mate, just having a laugh.
I was in the club deck and looked amazing.

So something clearly needs to be done to help the atmosphere. We need another section of the UB at the Copland end of the ground to get the singing going from that side of the stadium as well. I think there’s plenty of people wanting to join in with the singing but no group starting it apart from the UB in that corner. I know it won’t happen as people will say “I’ve sat there for 20 years etc” but unless there’s some sacrifice somewhere it will continue to be poor when things aren’t going the way we want it on the pitch.

SG knows the score. He asked for it to be to be rocking, but as per most of the time it didn't materialise.

He was correct to not mention or praise the fans because we didn't turn up apart from a wee blast after each goal.

Any fan can sing when they are winning. However, a set of fans supporting when the team need it most is more worthy of praise.

The tone was set when the Copland sat down in their seats after kick off. You just knew it was going to be a subdued atmosphere, and so it turned out.

Some stupid boot was moaning she couldn't see behind me, no wonder the atmosphere is crap when you have folk who just want to sit

I do love a full stadium bouncy
I was sitting near the front of the CD and the stadium looking amazing during the bouncy.
Be interesting to hear what the Porto fans thought of the bedlam around them.
Quite few of them in CD 5 (in my ST sea) and they were taking tons of pics before the game. I did warn one of them about the food on sale in the concourse as I was waiting for my tepid £2.50 instant coffee

So something clearly needs to be done to help the atmosphere. We need another section of the UB at the Copland end of the ground to get the singing going from that side of the stadium as well. I think there’s plenty of people wanting to join in with the singing but no group starting it apart from the UB in that corner. I know it won’t happen as people will say “I’ve sat there for 20 years etc” but unless there’s some sacrifice somewhere it will continue to be poor when things aren’t going the way we want it on the pitch.
There simply HAS to be change at Ibrox.

It's a tired, stagnant, sterile atmosphere. The whole environment needs a reboot.

You know it. I know it. Steven Gerrard knows it.

What other club in Europe has the set up and configuration we do with regard to our most vocal and supportive group. It's ridiculous.no

The club need to take this by the balls. Because I don't want Ibrox to be mostly quiet for another 20 years. I couldn't believe that first hour last night :(

Due to BF5 originally being for the away support I was moved to BR, the place was dead. Was doing my head in cause of how important tonight was.

One guy and his boy did not really react when morelos scored and then left early, what is the point in going.

Same here mate, moved from BF5 to BR1. Was an absolute morgue outwith the aftermath of the goals. Even at that some people were sat down during the bouncy etc with their face tripping them. Atmosphere for the first 70 minutes last night was fuckin terrible

There was a couple of guys sat in front of my seat in SW1, Spanish I believe as had a strong european accent and barcelona jacket on. They were loving it, taking pictures all game and cheering when we were cheering etc. Should have seen there faces when the full stadium bouncy was in flow, they were in amazement, giggling, laughing, filming it and then joining in! It was superb!!!

There are a few factors here. Firstly having the UB’s where they are is detrimental to the atmosphere. How the away supporters get a better location than our ‘ultras’ is simply shocking, embarrassing and downright disgraceful. When we go to these places we are stuck in the heavens. Our board lack the fore sight in this area.

Secondly; it doesn’t help that we were totally out played the first half an hour. When the crowd were just about to get going we would do something stupid, lose possession or give away a stupid free kick. That doesn’t help with the atmosphere.

I was in the Broomloan rear and a few things set the tone for a quiet first half.

Pre-match music seemed poorly organised.

Union Bears seemed quite late to start the singing.

Union Bears spent a while singing songs in the first half that few people join in with.

Team seemed to be making a lot of unforced errors.

Sent the wrong signal when everyone sat down at the start of the game. I would much prefer to stay on my feet for an important game like this on a cold night.

Having said all that, the match improved after the break and I felt the second half was great and was building even before the goals. Goal celebrations were up there with the best.

I agree that the overall atmosphere until we scored was very subdued.

However, I also don’t think anyone was getting on the team’s back, which can be a problem at league matches at Ibrox.

No, the issue last night was that we watched Porto totally dominate the first half hour of the match. That’s what set the tone. We were all just thinking “bloody hell, this mob are totally decent”.

We weren’t even getting corners or dangerous free kicks or breaking with pace. In fact, we weren’t even able to press them into mistakes. The truth is they passed us off the park first half hour. That’s not going to engender atmosphere in any stadium.

Anyway, I think this thread was specifically talking about the whole stadium bouncy, which was wonderful to be part of.
Exactly what it was about. I’ve noted elsewhere in the thread the overall atmosphere was nervy and flat. Some can’t help themselves though!

The tone was set when everybody sat down at the start. The place was silent by 55 seconds (I noticed this and looked at the clock).

mot link with the OP, I thought it was odd that after the bouncy most people just went to total silence - it was really eerie by 80 minutes

I don't know how it felt at the stadium ,but watching it on TV was fantastic I had the impression that my TV was shaking and that was before the whiskey to celebrate living, in France has some advantages but missing out on euro nights like last night area real downer,anyway well done to all WATP

The Broomloan lads were superb and there was plenty of singing in the West enclosure. The orchestrator of the Union Bears put in some shift and the lad must have thought he was fighting a losing battle as he constantly urged fans to join in. His job is so much easier when we're winning. When that Bouncy began, I'll bet he was glad of a
break: And what a bouncy - it's a magnificent sight when it's a good as last nights effort. As for the bear who just had a hip replacement but joined in anyway - I hope you're not suffering too much today!

As for that DJ, where was the interaction with the supporters? Why isn't he on the pitch before proceedings and again at half time working the crowd up into a frenzy? Here's a daft idea - while reading out the teamsheet, why not stop at one of the players names as a cue to sing their adopted song? Only has to be one each game, but do something. I realise that not all players have a song but there's enough to keep it going for a few games.

I did expect more tonight, but I don't think anyone can be disappointed with the atmosphere from five minutes before the goal when four lads was being belted out, till the goals and the final whistle. That as a support is what we're really all about. Who knows, maybe the players also reacted to the fans reaction after the first goal and spurred them on to clinch a second? No matter your views on the atmosphere whether poor or not, the post match feelgood factor had us all buzzing and that feeling will always be there when players and fans play their part.

Biggest problem is nobody wants to join in any songs unless its derrys walls or build my gallows.
Nobody is interested in learning any new words.

Some stupid boot was moaning she couldn't see behind me, no wonder the atmosphere is crap when you have folk who just want to sit
I felt out of place standing up. I looked behind me and people looked happy to look through me. Also the fella beside me might aswell be made of cardboard

Rapid last year was pretty much non stop, electric atmosphere. I remember seeing Vienna supporters on their forums saying we were the best and loudest they’d ever seen.

No idea why we were flat but last night’s atmosphere didn’t impress me at all other than just after the goals.

The game had very few relative shots on goal & Porto controlled 1H possession largely.

I think other games have lended themselves to better atmospheres to be fair.

Last edited:
Would agree with a previous post about the pre-match music. It was all over the shop. Needs to be kept as current as possible.

Just for example playing something like Gimme Gimme Gimme by Abba in honour of Helander after his League Cup heroics and the patter on Twitter that followed would've been fresh and gave everyone a laugh.

I'm personally a bit tired of the stadium version of Simply the Best too. I'd much prefer Blue Sea of Ibrox as the teams came out.

And more Welcome to the Party please :p

I was in bf1, we seemed to be ones keeping the tunes going apart from a few lads having a scrap, was bouncing most of the game, dont see the point in going to the game and not bouncing like a daft for 90 mins singing your.hesrt out....gets too cold to just sit on yer arse

I think after 24 hrs of reflection the problem was the way Porto started the match ,I think it surprised Both the Management team and the players Porto were all over us shifting the ball at speed left to right and right to left it looked as though the players didn't know how to react or what to do,and if from the stands that your team is getting beaten to every ball then it's difficult for the fans to stay positive even though that's when our team need the fans the most ,and when our team finally got themselves into the match the fans were fantastic,but I would underline the neccessity of supporting loud and proud from the kick off no matter how the team is playing

If I was gerrard I’d be demanding safe standing and UB moving to either bf3 or cf3 depending where safe standing is . The board don’t want it but he should be demanding it. I worry the whole uefa thing is completely ruining atmosphere as fans don’t want to sing. Which I’d exactly what our enemy’s like Fare Wanted when they started

Back