That full stadium bouncy

If I was gerrard I’d be demanding safe standing and UB moving to either bf3 or cf3 depending where safe standing is . The board don’t want it but he should be demanding it. I worry the whole uefa thing is completely ruining atmosphere as fans don’t want to sing. Which I’d exactly what our enemy’s like Fare Wanted when they started

The Ibrox atmosphere and mentality has been grim for decades though.

As long as we’re using excuses we’ll never actually tackle the issue.

There is nobody else responsible for supporting the team other than the Rangers support.

There is nobody else responsible for supporting the team other than the Rangers support.

Yep but simple fairly cheap stuff in relative like safe standing and moving the UB central all are small things that would help

The only way to improve the atmosphere is moving the UB behind the goals in BF3 and having a dedicated safe standing section. If the board don’t fulfill safe standing then the crappy atmosphere will continue.

So something clearly needs to be done to help the atmosphere. We need another section of the UB at the Copland end of the ground to get the singing going from that side of the stadium as well. I think there’s plenty of people wanting to join in with the singing but no group starting it apart from the UB in that corner. I know it won’t happen as people will say “I’ve sat there for 20 years etc” but unless there’s some sacrifice somewhere it will continue to be poor when things aren’t going the way we want it on the pitch.
I disagree but I know what you mean. We don’t need some of the UB in the Copland. The Copland is literally one of the worst stands at Ibrox for atmosphere. It’s supposed to be the traditional “Rangers End” but the UB are the only folk making an effort to start songs/chants. Move them behind the goals in the Broomloan and the atmosphere difference will be night and day.

The other problem is that it seems like it’s a crime to sing outside of the Broomloan. More folk need to learn words to songs as you get folk who literally sing “IT’S THE GREATEST SIGHT THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN” and clap at the start and then sit down and begin mindless abuse to players.

The fans are terrified to sing anything! In saying that it was a tad flat until the tifo display went back up. After the goal it was so loud.

I see someone slagging the Govan rear: yes there was a gap in the bouncy that was due to everyone being fuckd out their seats and replaced with corporate me and my family included. 7 of us relocated near the Porto fans.

There was a couple of guys sat in front of my seat in SW1, Spanish I believe as had a strong european accent and barcelona jacket on. They were loving it, taking pictures all game and cheering when we were cheering etc. Should have seen there faces when the full stadium bouncy was in flow, they were in amazement, giggling, laughing, filming it and then joining in! It was superb!!!
I had a couple in mrt in front of me, their jaws dropping when we did the bouncy. Must have been a group of them.

I was in the club deck that game, that’s some scary shit doing the bouncy up there :))

I bet it was scarier doing it on that wee wooden bridge we had to use to get into their stadium for the away leg the first time we drew them in the CL. I thought we were headed for certain death!

SG knows the score. He asked for it to be to be rocking, but as per most of the time it didn't materialise.

He was correct to not mention or praise the fans because we didn't turn up apart from a wee blast after each goal.

Any fan can sing when they are winning. However, a set of fans supporting when the team need it most is more worthy of praise.

The first half was one of the quitest Euro home games I have ever been to.

The tone was set when the Copland sat down in their seats after kick off. You just knew it was going to be a subdued atmosphere, and so it turned out.

As for the early leavers. They continue to astound me.

SG is clearly frustrated by this - and no wonder.
I think you will find last season's CL Quarter Finalists had a big say in silencing the crowd, many folk talk about going away from home and silencing the crowd. Porto are the real deal and could walk the talk first half, that had a huge impact on players and fans alike...2nd half no excuse. Unfortunately at half time we don't have a Gerrard rallying call for 15 minutes to improve

Back