That Realisation!

Scott McRoberts

Anybody else an emotional wreck today or is it just me?

The realisation that 55 is so close and within touching distance. Today I have watched videos of sky announcing administration, Ally McCoist hurting, The hearing of Sandy Jardine passing and the renaming of the stand, heartfelt interviews from the likes of Lee Wallace and James Tavernier and not forgetting Dave King's emotional salute to his tenure as Chairman of Rangers.

Then you see Gerrard being announced as manager, "Let's Go".....that fist pump and celebration from Gerrard at the Glitterdome.

No we are not there yet and God only know's how I will be when it comes, to see My son's face (14) when we have done it, to feel the enormous sense of pride in the Club and the fans all across the globe, this is going to be special, outside celebrations or not, to me it does not matter a jot, I honestly know I will be balling my eyes out but with a smile on my face that will last for weeks.

Proud to be a Bear, one game at a time.

Last edited:

The realisation that 55 is so close and within touching distance. Today I have watched videos of sky announcing administration, Ally McCoist hurting, The hearing of Sandy Jardine passing and the renaming of the stand, heartfelt interviews from the likes of Lee Wallace and James Tavernier and not forgetting Dave King's emotional salute to his tenure as Chairman of Rangers.

Then you see Gerrard being announced as manager, "Let's Go".....that fist pump and celebration from Gerrard at the Glitterdome.

No we are not there yet and God only know's how I will be when it comes, to see My son's face (14) when we have done it, to feel the enormous sense of pride in the Club and the fans all across the globe, this is going to be special, outside celebrations or not, to me it does not matter a jot, I honestly know i will be balling my eyes with a smile on my face that will last for weeks.

First reply nails it!

No we are not there yet and God only know's how I will be when it comes, to see My son's face (14) when we have done it, to feel the enormous sense of pride in the Club and the fans all across the globe, this is going to be special, outside celebrations or not, to me it does not matter a jot, I honestly know i will be balling my eyes with a smile on my face that will last for weeks.

You certainly won’t be the only one with a tear in your eye. My only regret is that we can’t be there at Ibrox to see it and to let the players and management know just how much this means to us

It’s almost beyond comprehension how beautifully this season has gone so far.

Also it’s well deserved and not just by this team due to the football they have played but we deserve this.
Remember talking to my cousin late 2012 and saying when we do win it again it’ll be the mother of all titles.
For the record I did think it would take this long.

Last edited:
The closer it’s getting, the more impatient I’m becoming.

You’ve got to wonder what the coaching staff/players are feeling like right now - it’s no exaggeration to say they’re 3 games away from becoming club legends. This squad of players will be remembered for the rest of our lives

Soak it in and enjoy it because once 55 is confirmed it’s going to be the biggest party we’ve ever had. What a feeling

You can try to be logical but emotion overrules it...and quite right too!

David, will Heart and Hand be doing a lot of stuff as we start to wrap up this title?
A lot of us are on our own and in many ways you folks are our connection the club and the support.
God knows, I've taken a lot of comfort from your podcast on the back of bad results so it would be amazing to have great content to help us celebrate.

No pressure! :)

Wonderful post OP. This encapsulates how we all feel, the raw emotion, all the pain and hurt and all the suffering we as a fanbase have had since 2012, all the abuse and every single bit of anger and hatred levelled at us as a fanbase and a club will all be (almost) obliterated when we are confirmed as champions.

Whether that confirmation is at Parkhead or otherwise, it’s going to be one hell of a celebration and there’s many who sadly won’t be here to see that day, and some others who deserve to be there to watch it all unfold.

Ive felt a release of all that pressure over the last few weeks personally as we’ve crept ever closer, and while my pride as a supporter has never waned nor my love for the club, there was always a sense that we had been looked down on by the oppressed and downtrodden themselves, so to be able to puff our chests out once again is an amazing feeling.

This club is amazing, the fans are amazing and the buzz when we lift this title is going be indescribable!!

Yesterday was when the last niggling doubt that we might have a monumental collapse out of nowhere disappeared for me.

Feels strange tbh as we can't celebrate properly at Ibrox - but we should enjoy the next few months as we've bloody deserved it after the past decade!

Can't wait for the weeks of pods from H&H just talking about how great the gaffer and this squad is :D

Each and every result that get us nearer 55 - I’m feeling that lump in my throat more and more - on the actual day we seal the 55 I’ll be a slevering wreck with tears of joy

Wonderful post OP. This encapsulates how we all feel, the raw emotion, all the pain and hurt and all the suffering we as a fanbase have had since 2012, all the abuse and every single bit of anger and hatred levelled at us as a fanbase and a club will all be (almost) obliterated when we are confirmed as champions.

Whether that confirmation is at Parkhead or otherwise, it’s going to be one hell of a celebration and there’s many who sadly won’t be here to see that day, and some others who deserve to be there to watch it all unfold.

Ive felt a release of all that pressure over the last few weeks personally as we’ve crept ever closer, and while my pride as a supporter has never waned nor my love for the club, there was always a sense that we had been looked down on by the oppressed and downtrodden themselves, so to be able to puff our chests out once again is an amazing feeling.

This club is amazing, the fans are amazing and the buzz when we lift this title is going be indescribable!!
Perfectly said, and what's more we are talking hundreds of thousands of likeminded people feeling this way....wow...just wow!

Great post mate.
A lot of us feel likewise.
My only addition would be that I truly didn’t know if we’d ever see this day again.
When that final whistle confirms us champions, I may well be watching alone but, I’ll will not be able to hold back the tears.
I don’t really want to either.

Great post mate.
My only addition would be that I truly didn’t know if we’d ever see this day again.
When that final whistle confirms us champions, I may well be watching alone but, I’ll will not be able to hold back the tears.

I get the feeling I will be alone too (albeit my partner and daughter don't enjoy football... and I love watching the game in peace).

One thing I may do is visit an older gentleman, one of us, with a bottle of whisky and stand at his door celebrating.

Don't care if this is allowed or not. He probably felt like he would never see the day again in his life.

It's nearly finally over.

I never thought we’d see these days again .

there’s been some dark , dark days on here . During admin posters counting what seats were available and bears from all over the world buying tickets , regardless if they could go , just to give the club funds .

a hostile board who set up a stage on a gazebo

A myriad of poor signings

spankjngs from Celtic

but , by god , we got through it and have emerged on the cusp of ending their dreams and highlighting how hollow their trinkets are while marching on in Europe .

All they have left is to snipe from the sidelines

David, will Heart and Hand be doing a lot of stuff as we start to wrap up this title?
A lot of us are on our own and in many ways you folks are our connection the club and the support.
God knows, I've taken a lot of comfort from your podcast on the back of bad results so it would be amazing to have great content to help us celebrate.

No pressure! :)

I can absolutely assure you we will, though a lot might just be singing B-D

Great words OP. We’ll all have our own wee personal memories , moments and occasions related to past 10 yr or so. Every Bear deserves 55 but especially so the hardcore who’ve been all over Scotland visiting just about every ground.
Enjoy it Bears. We Are The People.

Great post mate.
You won't be alone pal, when that whistle goes that officially signals us as champions you will be one of hundreds of thousands all over the globe shouting, roaring, letting it all out at that exact moment. I can barely contain myself at the thought of it.

No we are not there yet and God only know's how I will be when it comes, to see My son's face (14) when we have done it, to feel the enormous sense of pride in the Club and the fans all across the globe, this is going to be special, outside celebrations or not, to me it does not matter a jot, I honestly know I will be balling my eyes out but with a smile on my face that will last for weeks.

I was passed your stage weeks ago,I’m in celebrating stage now B-DB-DB-D

Great post mate.

You won't be alone mate.
Many of us will be logged in here celebrating from behind the keyboard.
Trying not to douse the laptop with champagne!

I'm getting to that point, maybe because I'm so hacked off with lockdown. I'm using the day we clinch the league as something to look forward to. Even feel myself welling up thinking about the moment the final whistle goes to confirm it.

This got me thinking.. How do we show our appreciation to the board, management and the team once we cross the line.
Ive seen the fly past idea but not sure its doable. We can't really gather en masse, particularly as many of us stay outside Glasgow.
So, bombard social media, email club direct, crowd fund for selected newspaper adverts?, even crowd fund for TV advert?, any other ideas?
We need to mark this occasion but with dignity!

Been hyper all day today. Couldn't sleep last night and been easily distracted from work today with here, YouTube videos, songs, Amazon for 55 party decorations etc.

I was firmly in the one game at a time camp, but the fact we woke up yesterday 13 points from winning it and then only 7 this morning, I think the "realisation" as you have brilliantly put it, has hit me. Been reading the 'what will you drink and 'what top will you wear threads all day.

Great Post OP!

Back