That Realisation!

What a sensational post, absolute goosebumps reading it. The fact it’s so close is absolutely taking over my life, never have I felt this way. This will be the sweetest ever and that includes me being at Ibrox for Dunfermline in 2003 and Easter road in 2005

Anybody else an emotional wreck today or is it just me?

The realisation that 55 is so close and within touching distance. Today I have watched videos of sky announcing administration, Ally McCoist hurting, The hearing of Sandy Jardine passing and the renaming of the stand, heartfelt interviews from the likes of Lee Wallace and James Tavernier and not forgetting Dave King's emotional salute to his tenure as Chairman of Rangers.

Then you see Gerrard being announced as manager, "Let's Go".....that fist pump and celebration from Gerrard at the Glitterdome.
Totally agree.

This working from home lark is fucking awesome. :)

I initiated a Teams meeting this morning with some of my colleagues (all based in London). They quickly realised that there was no need for it whatsoever and it was just for me to tell them it was 7 points away!. I still hadn't calmed down properly :)

Last night was the first time I allowed myself to really accept we were doing it.

My God it felt great and as an auld yin, who's has seen a lot of success down the years, let me tell you I'll be celebrating this fantastic achievement like there's no tomorrow.

I will also spend some time reflecting on all that has gone on and those we have lost, who will not be with us in body but there in spirit.

God bless Rangers and everyone connected with us.

I’ve been away from home since 22nd January working abroad in Kurdistan, so not had a drink to celebrate any of the past few wins and won’t get one until 18the March ! Anyway what a buzz after yesterday’s win then waking up at 0100 am here to check that mob had got beat, the realisation hit me this morning as I arrived at site as I explained to my local colleagues.. Not many understand it but around lunchtime I heard a familiar accent and it was the field security manager from Glasgow, greeted each other with a handshake and then both burst into life shouting about that was it the league is done, laughing at that mob and over come with joy !

What a feeling, on another note by the time I land back in Gourock it’ll be exactly 55 days since I left, coincidence, I think not..

I'm the same as all you lot. Past few weeks, the closer it gets its like when you're ready to meet a stunning date when you're a teen, and your waiting at the odeon for her coming; only thing running through your mind - don't know what to say to her, maybe I should bolt and text her later etc.

Or maybe thats just me back then :))

This got me thinking.. How do we show our appreciation to the board, management and the team once we cross the line.
Ive seen the fly past idea but not sure its doable. We can't really gather en masse, particularly as many of us stay outside Glasgow.
So, bombard social media, email club direct, crowd fund for selected newspaper adverts?, even crowd fund for TV advert?, any other ideas?
We need to mark this occasion but with dignity!
I would happily donate to something getting put together, its trying to figure out we can do, to present to them and getting all of us to agree with whatever plan thats gonna be a stumble block maybe.

I’ve been a mess for months with only one thing on my mind winning 55. It’s been a rollercoaster for sure looking forward to games and living through them. Nearly given the wife several heart attacks over the piece when we score.

Now I know we will get there for sure after last night. No more sleepless nights just awaiting the biggest day in my Rangers supporting life even topping the CWC in 72.

I have never been a happier bear and cannot speak highly enough of SG and his incredible back room team and players. They deserve this so much and so proud of them and what they have managed to do and deliver to us the supporters.

Part 3 was brilliant and hilarious in equal measure!!

Dafty Davy:i firmly believe 10 in a row will happen,if not this year then definately next year
presenter:sorry whit,am i missing some sort of wind up here??

I near choked on my coffee!!hahahaha

I would happily donate to something getting put together, its trying to figure out we can do, to present to them and getting all of us to agree with whatever plan thats gonna be a stumble block maybe.
Even something like a silver salver engraved "from the grateful supporters". Displayed in the trophy room so future generations realise how much this means. Would need someone savvy with crowd funding etc.

My son was 3 the last time we won it. He’ll be 13 by the time this one is confirmed as he turns 13 on the 16th of March. He’s been asking if he can have Dragon Soup to celebrate. Was swiftly told no but I’ll allow him a couple of Morettis with me

It all feels a bit surreal at the moment, after all we have been through, the bears about to see their first title and the bears no longer with us who won't see this one.

Knowing how very very close we were to disappearing altogether, starting at the ar$e end of Scottish Football and clawing our way back up the proper way and now here we are, many years later about to win in my opinion the greatest title we have ever won, not only winning 55 but stopping their "10*" when no one expected it, we prayed for it but having see so many false dawns the past few years we did not expect it to happen.

Now it's nearly here, we are back on top and the journey is over. what a journey it's been.

Agree with all posters, it's been a joyous season and I have done things I haven't done in years, like can't wait to listen SSB at six to listening to them whining, searching the Internet for anything 55 for the big day and for the whole summer,smile on my face at work everyday deliberately walking by any poets and grinning like a Cheshire cat, no holding back now, everyone I know will hear about the 55,WATP

It’s amazing how we are all feeling. I am buying shares in kleenex! Every time we have increased lead on them I have a few cans after final whistle. Since Hogmanay I have done in over 100 cans! The Ned Kelly is coming along nicely! It’s going to be immense. My boys (16) first title that he will remember and enjoy as it should be.

The realisation that 55 is so close and within touching distance. Today I have watched videos of sky announcing administration, Ally McCoist hurting, The hearing of Sandy Jardine passing and the renaming of the stand, heartfelt interviews from the likes of Lee Wallace and James Tavernier and not forgetting Dave King's emotional salute to his tenure as Chairman of Rangers.

Then you see Gerrard being announced as manager, "Let's Go".....that fist pump and celebration from Gerrard at the Glitterdome.

No we are not there yet and God only know's how I will be when it comes, to see My son's face (14) when we have done it, to feel the enormous sense of pride in the Club and the fans all across the globe, this is going to be special, outside celebrations or not, to me it does not matter a jot, I honestly know I will be balling my eyes out but with a smile on my face that will last for weeks.

Proud to be a Bear, one game at a time.
My son is 13,and is only now seeing the REAL RANGERS.

Joburg Loyal will be having a party for 55.
No social distancing over here, so massive party at the Club.
It’s been a difficult time but we stayed loyal and can’t wait for the title.

I’ve been away from home since 22nd January working abroad in Kurdistan, so not had a drink to celebrate any of the past few wins and won’t get one until 18the March ! Anyway what a buzz after yesterday’s win then waking up at 0100 am here to check that mob had got beat, the realisation hit me this morning as I arrived at site as I explained to my local colleagues.. Not many understand it but around lunchtime I heard a familiar accent and it was the field security manager from Glasgow, greeted each other with a handshake and then both burst into life shouting about that was it the league is done, laughing at that mob and over come with joy !

What a feeling, on another note by the time I land back in Gourock it’ll be exactly 55 days since I left, coincidence, I think not..
I’ve been working in France since 9th January. Hopefully get home week commencing the 15th in time to celebrate with Raffles junior.
It’ll be his first title so I’m going to make sure he enjoys the party! Got the smoke bombs and fireworks delivered already, just need to order the giant 55 helium balloons B-)

I really thought it wasnt over, that we could drop points to Dundee United and there was no way they'd lose so they'd narrow the gap and make me nervous for days.

I'm a dafty.

No we are not there yet and God only know's how I will be when it comes, to see My son's face (14) when we have done it, to feel the enormous sense of pride in the Club and the fans all across the globe, this is going to be special, outside celebrations or not, to me it does not matter a jot, I honestly know I will be balling my eyes out but with a smile on my face that will last for weeks.

Today is the 1st day/time I've actually 100% believed we are gonna do it always thought something would Fvck it up.
Got to the stage now where if we stopped playing from today I still don't think they would catch us

Ooooft, this post has almost set me off......sitting in a staff morning briefing down here in Melbourne

My old granda died in late 2010. It was a period of success for Rangers, but he went knowing that something bad, something catastrophic , was just around the corner. We all felt it, and there was no guarantee we would survive it. If he could, I know he’d be smiling a knowing smile.

Like many knew we were going to win the title from about November but last night after their result was when it really sunk in, it's definite.
About half 11 last night my daughter asked me if I was working today as I had just cracked open another can.
Been bouncing all day.

It’s amazing how we are all feeling. I am buying shares in kleenex! Every time we have increased lead on them I have a few cans after final whistle. Since Hogmanay I have done in over 100 cans! The Ned Kelly is coming along nicely! It’s going to be immense. My boys (16) first title that he will remember and enjoy as it should be.
I know it's getting exciting but kleenex? Too much information!

Couldn’t sleep last night.

Head buzzing as it gets closer.
Same here- lying thinking of all the permutations of how we could win it.
Who will score the goal.
Will we win it at Parkhead? They’ll never let that happen will they?!
Arrgghhh it’s too fucking exciting!!!!!

Ive seen Rangers win umpteen titles and trebles over the decades. This will be the best ever. Its not a level playing field and what the players and manager have done this season is incredible. Not only that the football has been a joy to watch. Brilliant goalkeeping by both keepers. Solid defence and an outstanding centre half. Team built around two outstanding athletic full backs. Midfield brilliant with free transfers and players bought for next to nothing. Hard working forwards banging in the goals. A brilliant team who will go down in history as legends.

I’ve been working in France since 9th January. Hopefully get home week commencing the 15th in time to celebrate with Raffles junior.
It’ll be his first title so I’m going to make sure he enjoys the party! Got the smoke bombs and fireworks delivered already, just need to order the giant 55 helium balloons B-)
It’s a long stint away from home mate! My oldest boy is 7 and he’s absolutely buzzing for it, can’t wait to get home and have the biggest party ever for me and the kids on the 21st March. Selfishly I hope we win the league that day but can see it being won before then.
I still remember the feeling & buzz I had at 8 years old watching the European run with my dad & his pals back in 92-93, hoping my son feels the same !

Back