That result will win us the league.

It won't. I fear the opposite will happen. They were there for the taking and had a good few players out injured. It wouldn't have been as one sided if they had a full strength team.

Unfortunately it gives them the confidence to batter on now with 1 in the bag.
Who were the good few out missing? Iv no idea who plays week in week out for them but apart from getting only the guts of 40min out edouard who else we’re they badly missing? Imo Davis is our best player. He is our heartbeat. He sets our tempo. He missed the game. Fact is the players have to pick themselves up, look at each other, look at the bare facts from today I.e we dominated EVERY department but came up against a goalkeeper having the game of his life and an official that awarded them an offside “goal” with their only shot on target. They then have to say this mental hold the poets have had for years....and winning all those trophies is a mental block to break...is there for us now to break. Go out Thursday win the game, put away Motherwell hivs and killie then go to the piggery and put today right. Otherwise we’d all be as well conceding it all just now.

Unfortunate I fear we will be 5 points behind the them on the evening of the 29th. Wish I could agree.

We played excellent football today and they had a goalkeeper who was both very good and very lucky. We have nothing to fear. They have nothing to feel confident about after their performance.

And let's not forget how bad conditions were today.

We couldn't finish off ten men, despite dominating them for the best part of 90 minutes.

How does feeling pig-sick about it, suddenly revolutionise our ability ?

I admire your optimism OP, but I don't believe it.

Are Celtic going to have any other games this season where they don’t have a forward line for 55 minutes.

we just blew a chance to not only win a trophy but to also skelp them whilst doing so. A chance to wipe away some of the trauma from
embarrassing defeats we have had.

Roles reversed they don’t pass up that opportunity - and that’s why we won’t win the league.

pessimistic or not - that’s the reality

We've come along way and there's still a long way to go.
Use this feeling to motivate us and kick on now and finish December strong.

We've heard all of this before. The fact is we shat it today and all the "We hammered them" talk is just loser talk. It doesn't win titles and it doesn't win cup finals.

It’s really hurts to be a rangers fan for the last 8 years but I’m confident that we will be back winning trophies now. The biggest frustration for me is that we are easily good enough to win things but we’re against a team who don’t seem to be able to loose at the moment

If anyone thinks we can go to the Chamber of Secrets and win are delusional, a draw won't even be enough.

According to most on here we may aswell just pack up and stop fighting for the league etc

Get Gerrard out and sell the whole team

Jesus christ man I thought the game was complete misery but to see so many just give up is sickening.

Idiots who expected Gerrard to win everything inside 18 months after inheriting one of the worst rangers sides in history.

Let's just forget everything, what's the point in even fighting for trophies anymore :rolleyes:

Based on what?

Top of the league, never turned up at Tynecastle.

2-0 up at Pittodrie - 2-2 final score.

A cup final today against a Celtic side who were struggling with injuries, no recognised striker in the starting 11, 10 men for 30 minutes and we still couldn't beat them. We even missed a penalty.

They are in our heads and we cannot get the job done when it matters. Still issues, lack of winning mentality and bottle being some of them.

It’s always darkest before the dawn. The tide is turning and today was a last breath that some bad decisions and a bit of luck allowed them to take.

To those saying I’m deluded and that we are not capable, answer me this, when was the last time Celtic played us off the park?

We've come along way and there's still a long way to go.
Use this feeling to motivate us and kick on now and finish December strong.
While I agree .... the main problem isn't motivation (if it was, we'd win the treble) it's mentality and ability.

Alfie can't put the ball in the net against them, and we need better players.

We need to break their invincible mentality and that won't be achieved with just motivation.

Hopefully the January window might see some fresh talent.

According to most on here we may aswell just pack up and stop fighting for the league etc

Get Gerrard out and sell the whole team

Jesus christ man I thought the game was complete misery but to see so many just give up is sickening.

Idiots who expected Gerrard to win everything inside 18 months after inheriting one of the worst rangers sides in history.

Let's just forget everything, what's the point in even fighting for trophies anymore :rolleyes:

and breathe

this team are not beyond criticism

especially their collective weak will

Our players and even more so our manager, will use this feeling to fuel the rest of our season. That is by far the most painful loss to them I’ve ever had to endure, and if we want a title winning team, it may come as a blessing in disguise, because not one player in a rangers jersey will want to feel like that at the end of the season.

We battered them, and they ended up sneaking the least valuable trophy of the three. If that fuels our rage and makes us more determined, I’ll look back today and see it as the best thing that could have happened to us.

This result, will be the making of our 55 winning side. Standby....
Couldn't agree more!! All that does today is extend the queue at erskine bridge in may.

Back in reality, we will drop another couple or points st either Motherwell or Hibs then have another hard luck story at the piggery and it'll be over.
Or on the flip side we win convincngly at Motherwell, hibs and beat killie at home, the poets drop something at a hopefully rejuvenated hearts where they have struggled before and we’re going to the piggery as world beaters again etc. Today is a body blow but it’s not as if we were outplayed or put in our “place” etc etc. In cold light of day if I’m a professional I’m wanting to put today right, and I’d believe I could on today’s showing. We will see how we react Thursday and Sunday first.

It’s always darkest before the dawn. The tide is turning and today was a last breath that some bad decisions and a bit of luck allowed them to take.

To those saying I’m deluded and that we are not capable, answer me this, when was the last time Celtic played us off the park?
You don't need to play teams off the park to win games.

We did exactly that today - what have we got to show for it ?

To win games, you need to covert your chances. They got one of those today, and they took it.

1st September this year . Today we had the chance to win the cup and we blew it

I agree with our manager.

That result should have no impact whatsoever on the league campaign.

If anything, we should take encouragement from the fact that we outplayed them and they had one shot on target (which was actually illegitimate). I'd be interested to know when they last recorded one shot on target.

It could be worse. We could have McInnes as manager. Out of Europe and lying ten points behind them. Count our blessings.

Unfortunate I fear we will be 5 points behind the them on the evening of the 29th. Wish I could agree.

Given that would entail us not having dropped anything this month I’d say that’s about a best case scenario given that I can’t see them dropping anything to Hibs/Aberdeen at home and Hearts/St Mirren away.

Not so confident about us doing so away at Easter Rd and Fir Park.

That game could have had a major impact on our League campaign (positive or negative).

I couldn't have envisaged a positive impact if losing but I do actually feel more positive now. 19 times out of 20 we prevail in that game.

That game could have had a major impact on our League campaign (positive or negative).

I couldn't have envisaged a positive impact if losing but I do actually feel more positive now. 19 times out of 20 we prevail in that game.

But the one that matters we lose.

Same old.

Our players and even more so our manager, will use this feeling to fuel the rest of our season. That is by far the most painful loss to them I’ve ever had to endure, and if we want a title winning team, it may come as a blessing in disguise, because not one player in a rangers jersey will want to feel like that at the end of the season.

We battered them, and they ended up sneaking the least valuable trophy of the three. If that fuels our rage and makes us more determined, I’ll look back today and see it as the best thing that could have happened to us.

This result, will be the making of our 55 winning side. Standby....
Rubbish. People said similar after the capitulation at Ibrox earlier in the season. Didn’t result in us winning the cup today, did it? They can’t play any worse than they did today, and we have to go to their midden twice more where our record is atrocious.We may be closer than we were under the humiliations of the Warburton and Caixinha eras but we’re still far enough away for them to be able to win without turning up.

Back