That tackle on goldson ?

It was a red card - this is the kind of thing Rangers and the very, very, very weak board should be highlighting.

linesman couldnt see that right in front of him,but can see a marginal offside at other side of pitch,and is confident to flag it straight away

Could have broken his ankle, straight red all day long!!! Poor refereeing again and not helped by a blind linesman

Strange decision from the ref and linesman who sent off cosgrove against septic for a similar but no contact tackle.Very strange.

It was late, it was high, he was not in control of the tackle and he made full contact with CG. Straight red if ever there was one.
There were quite a few late nasty challenges from them and the thing is, if the referee is allowing them or at the very worst giving a yellow, why wouldn't a team do this to unsettle the opposition or even get them stretchered off. I'm not saying it's right, but it's an approach that can work for teams at times. That's where a referee should be taking control of the game to protect the players on the park from deliberate injury.

Gerrard said it was a yellow. Unbelievable

I can perfectly understand why Gerrard said it was a yellow, when a player tries to block the ball and catches the opponents foot in the follow through it is a yellow.

However that was not an example of the above, it was a clear out of control lunge that could easily have ended Goldson's season. A clear red card all day long.

Reactions: dmg
I seriously thought Goldson had a broken/seriously damaged ankle after it and considered the red to be non-negotiable.

He sent cosgrove off at the piggery for the same kind of challenge.

True same ref, only late challenge they made too.

Not had another look at but i thought it was worse but this is how you bend the rules tho.

Bit ignorant of me to say this but this is a job for the poster edweird.

Straight red all day long. As the OP said, the linesman was right there.

the hammer-thrower nature of the league is shocking. Wee diddy teams trying to break a fellow professional’s leg

It's another example of how the general attitude towards that type of play will forever hold back Scotland in terms of footballing development.
Everywhere else (from european to international football) that's a red card. Here you're allowed to kick the shit out of players and if it's against rangers you definitely seem to get a few "free" ones before the referee starts punishing the opposition.

It would have been a red if the tackle had been against a player from any other team than ours. Nothing surer.

We used to get the assistant referee when he was a up-and-coming referee. He was terrible.

He couldn't handle people shouting at him and would crash under the pressure.

He's now taken the 'assistant' route......

I can only assume he was so scared with all the shouting yesterday that he missed the severity of the tackle......

Next time we get him, remember to keep it quiet down his side please.

Back