That was so disappointing, beaten with hardly a whimper.

You cant allow a team like Liverpool to run at you unchallenged.

You cant allow players like Salah and Jota into the box repeatedly, and allow them into their strongest foot.

You cant have Goldson marking VVD at setpieces.

You cant expect to get anything from a game when you cant string 5 passes together, because you are being outworked by an already superior opposition.

Basics.
Basics?

Stopping Salah from coming in the box and marking Virgil Van Dyke?

Aye school boy stuff really.

Go toe to toe with a side that’s been in 3 finals out of the last

THREE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINALS IN FIVE YEAR!!!

Give me fucking strength
Fulham, Crystal Palace and Brighton have done it in the last 2 months. I'd rather we had a go than rather than waving a white flag from the off. We approached the Ajax game (and Celtic) in the same manner. Liverpool had their most comfortable game of the season against us. I don't think we should accept that.

A system that gets rolled out for the first time in Champions League against Liverpool
Why?
Players that had never played together before in the back 3
Recipie for disaster
Why could our manager not see this?
Don’t know who you are pal, never seen you on this forum EVER
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but like and behold that opinion is full of negativity

I have no embarrassment in saying go and get fucked
Fulham, Crystal Palace and Brighton have done it in the last 2 months. I'd rather we had a go than waving a white flag from the off. We approached the Ajax game (and Celtic) in the same manner. Liverpool had their most comfortable game of the season against us. I don't think we should accept that.
never heard of you either
Amazing!

I’m in Liverpool right now and Everyone I’ve spoke to is proud of where we’ve been and where we currently are

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but like and behold that opinion is full of negativity

Amazing!

I’m in Liverpool right now and Everyone I’ve spoke to is proud of where we’ve been and where we currently are
You've never heard of me? Am I supposed to care about this? What's your point?

Give me fucking strength
Your being pure boring now man, all we are asking for is a bit of commitment and pride, not Barca of 2017.

Our manager is killing us trying to compete, that's not even up for debate

Amazing!

Never heard of you either.
But we are all well known members.
Funny that.
Did you have a season ticket since back in the 70’s and followed our team forever since then?
Maybe you did; but dont question my love for the club.
This is a place where we can all express opinions. You can agree of disagree but I am not posting here to achieve fame so whether you have heard of me or not is irrelevant.
Just stick to opinions on our team rather than personal accusations….

(Private-joker: agree with your response too)

This is champions league football unfortunately, we are miles away from this level, Liverpool pressed the life out of us tonight, we couldn’t cope… simple

This is champions league football unfortunately, we are miles away from this level, Liverpool pressed the life out of us tonight, we couldn’t cope… simple
It's tough, that is true. I just don't think we've maximised our potential. I think we've turned up with a negative attitude and very negative tactics. Then Gio offers little hope in his interviews. I think the mindset has been wrong.

Your being pure boring now man, all we are asking for is a bit of commitment and pride, not Barca of 2017.

Our manager is killing us trying to compete, that's not even up for debate
It is I like him
He got us to a European Final with swagger Smith could only dream of. Deal with it

It is I like him
He got us to a European Final with swagger Smith could only dream of. Deal with it
That was last year, how far do we need to go back? You are obviously dealing in 5 year cycles, we need to progress forward. Deal with that

It's tough, that is true. I just don't think we've maximised our potential. I think we've turned up with a negative attitude and very negative tactics. Then Gio offers little hope in his interviews. I think the mindset has been wrong.
Maximising our potential is getting the defence organised, then playing lundstram , Lawrence, Lowry and McCann in midfield, Kent and either Morelos or Colak up front depending on who we are playing… jack , Davis and arfield are too old now for these games…

It’s 2 am and you’re bumping your gums, whilst the bears are loving life. Try it
It’s 2 am and you’re bumping your gums, whilst the bears are loving life. Try it
You enjoy your wee cuddle with the scousers, I won't deny you that. I'm perfectly entitled to express my opinion about our club, on a message board about our club regardless of what time of day it is.
P.S you must be really big deal ;)

That was last year, how far do we need to go back? You are obviously dealing in 5 year cycles, we need to progress forward. Deal with that
I deal with the here and now and an unforgettable Away day at Anfield.
I live EVERY moment that was denied us, EVERY moment. How’s your existence?

You enjoy your wee cuddle with the scousers, I won't deny you that. I'm perfectly entitled to express my opinion about our club, on a message board about our club regardless of what time of day it is.
P.S you must be really big deal ;)
Just a Rangers supporter that got battered from pillar to post being told we couldn’t be doing what we’re currently doing. Living the dream, no Scousers here all Rangers fans.
Bored with expressing my opinion with other fans with expectations above and beyond reality. If 2012 taught is anything surely it was to embrace the moment

I deal with the here and now and an unforgettable Away day at Anfield.
I live EVERY moment that was denied us, EVERY moment. How’s your existence?
You obviously aren't dealing with the here and now ya crackpot! You have just referenced Liverpool as having been Champions league finalists 3 of the last 5 years and Rangers 2012

This Rangers team has major problems, major major problems, most of the fan base can see it, some can't, not sure why though.

We are weak, we struggle to do the basics, our off the ball movement is very poor. Folk say the champions league is a step up but we have the same problems against the shite in our own league

Give me fucking strength
You utterly miss the point. Take Tillman for example, out if position but worse still no effort. Five in defence leaves the midfielders an easy time to build. We go four at the back in ninety minutes and suddenly chances happen.

Look I agree we will always get pumped tonight but to arrive on the park looking like shadows would spook us. No endeavour, no energy and zero belief. It took matondo, sakala and colak to show at least have a fucking go. It utterly pains me to say that the scum at least went down the right way to Madrid.

An on form Liverpool always pumps us. This Liverpool team were still way below their capabilities and the way set up gave them as easy ride as could be.

I will repeat it every week. The sooner we remove Gio from this group of players the better. We are going no where under his depressingly dull approach to football.

Even at the weekend after Hearts. Thread appears having a go at people wanting him out. Don't care if we beat hearts 4-0. He still isn't good enough. Get on with it and end this misery.

You utterly miss the point. Take Tillman for example, out if position but worse still no effort. Five in defence leaves the midfielders an easy time to build. We go four at the back in ninety minutes and suddenly chances happen.

Look I agree we will always get pumped tonight but to arrive on the park looking like shadows would spook us. No endeavour, no energy and zero belief. It took matondo, sakala and colak to show at least have a fucking go. It utterly pains me to say that the scum at least went down the right way to Madrid.

An on form Liverpool always pumps us. This Liverpool team were still way below their capabilities and the way set up gave them as easy ride as could be.
Don’t ever ever compare us to them on or off the pitch

Listen Ajax got humbled by a Napoli side that will undoubtedly get to the semi finals of this tournament imo
Liverpool will hit a similar stage, that’s the standard of our group and I just cannot be as harsh as you and others are of our boys tonight. I just can’t, not because I have lower standards but I just cannot criticise what we have at this level against the Continents best

I will repeat it every week. The sooner we remove Gio from this group of players the better. We are going no where under his depressingly dull approach to football.

Even at the weekend after Hearts. Thread appears having a go at people wanting him out. Don't care if we beat hearts 4-0. He still isn't good enough. Get on with it and end this misery.
Bring back Gerrard ad nausea

It’s a difficult one as we simply aren’t good enough to go toe to toe against teams like Liverpool but there is a frustration that we simply waved the white flag from the off. Getting beat was always the likely outcome but at least mix it up and have a go at times in the match. Liverpool knew exactly how we would play and it played into their hands.

Give me fucking strength
It’s not so much going toe to toe with them it’s actually making an effort, we were pathetic. If we’re going there to get beat, which we were, then at least match them for effort, put them under a bit of pressure. Beginning to play in the last 10 min when it’s over is no use, we could have given them a game and still been beat 2-0, at least then I’d not feel like we’re a sorry bunch!

For the rest of the UK who don’t watch us on a regular basis, it didn’t show us in a good light.
It just highlights that we were not properly prepared for this European campaign.
That’s not saying we should be going to Anfield looking to win. But we should be going there to compete.

Gio has a tendency to play ultra conservative and it leaves us without options when we are in possession.

With 5 at the back and 2 defensive midfielders, so the full backs absolutely had to get forward to give us options out wide. That didn't happen.

There will literally no opportunities to break the lines and beat the press because we didn't have enough players in more advanced positions.

The midfield then start to play backwards, and we're vulnerable to their press.

It was a lack.of bravery and trust from the manager and also the players. We didn't believe we could get a result and it showed.

I'm not saying we should have gone toe to toe, but if you want to carry a threat, you have to be brave.

We were beaten before the game kicked off.

Liverpool's squad is worth nearly a billion quid and they have one of the best managers on the planet. I honestly don't know what you're all greeting about, Gio plays some mad attacking formation tonight and they pick us off to be five up at half time or something equally grim.

Some of the mentalists would rather watch that than try keep it tight going into the 2nd half. Just to say we had a go.

We ultimately lost to a free kick and a penalty and had a couple chances to score and make the last 5 minutes interesting.

We were basically St Mirren / Kilmarnock / Motherwell etc at Ibrox in a league game.

I honestly have no idea why anybody expected our performance and approach to be different yesterday from what it was

Every away game in Europe under Gio has been the same, with the exception of Dortmund however we didn't really approach that game with any great attacking threat, were lucky not to be behind early on and got two quick goals from corners which totally changed the complexion of the game.

Liverpool's squad is worth nearly a billion quid and they have one of the best managers on the planet. I honestly don't know what you're all greeting about, Gio plays some mad attacking formation tonight and they pick us off to be five up at half time or something equally grim.
If it wasn't for McGregor they would have been 5-0 up at half time so I don't really see your point.

We think we have good technical players but they're on a different level.

The first touch is perfect, the head is up, there are always passes available. Every pass is on point, players dont have to break stride. They make the right decisions more often than not. They are quick, strong, work hard.

We have players who are a different level domestically but you see the gulf in class last night. Passes overhit, underhit, to the wrong foot, poor first touches, poor decisions.

It was a tough watch.

I recall Walter Smith playing 11 players in the penalty box and attempting to bore the opposition into submission.

Some of our play was frankly embarrassing last night.
I lost count how many times we fkd around with it at the back only to give it straight to them.
Poor passes straight to them must have been in double figures.

Give me fucking strength
The issue is there was no toe to toe, it was a case of just stand off them, let them run over us, and let them have as many shots as they want.

Let’s be honest it was a training game for Liverpool and without McGregor it would’ve been 6 or 7.

Give me fucking strength
That's not the point anyone is making, not even a little bit. It's the lack of belief, the lack of fight, the poor football, really poor football. Gio had the team beat before they stepped on the park. You saw in the last 10mins or so we were rattling them Could have scored 2. Had we done that from the start, had Gio gave the team a little bit of belief, if could have been an entirely different game.

No one's happy we're behind in the league but it's 2 points a difference in October.

Where and against who did you fancy us to pick up points against in the last 3 games?
Behind in the league and yet to win an old firm in the league under Gio (or any in 90 minutes).

I didn’t fancy us to pick up lots of points but we absolutely should be going out with better tactics and a bit of passion. We completely sat off Liverpool and watched them play like a training game. That’s a Liverpool team who drew to Brighton at the weekend, Everton last month, Crystal Palace and Fulham in August too. Did we not think to look at where these teams got joy against Liverpool? Our tactics again were terrible as well as the team selection being pretty poor.

Can't believe we didn't go an open up against a side that's won the competition and been runners up twice in the last 5 years. We didn't do ourselves justice at all but we have no right to even compete with a side of that quality open up against them and you're looking at a Bournemouth type of result.

I bit of realism would go a long way! They have much better players than us in almost every position. The pay £60/70 even £80 million for players that’s why they are better. Teams seldom win on their ground 3/4/6 even 9 goal defeats happen at Anfield. Yes I’m bitterly disappointed but a realist it’s becoming more and more difficult to compete agains Europes elite and that is not our fault. Champions League is set up for Bayern,Liverpool,Real Madrid,PSG etc sad but true.

It's the manner of the defeats that is so annoying. Our best player is a 40 year old semi retired goalkeeper. The rest of that team should be embarrassed by their efforts.

Liverpool played through us with ease. Their players always had time on the ball, even deep in our penalty area. That's with us sending out a team overloaded with defensive players. All very well saying we should have 'had a go'. We should certainly have tried to close them down harder and faster but, had we committed more fully to attack and opened things out, then they would have had even more space and even more time to cause us damage. Would probably have ended up with another very heavy defeat. I'm not sure there was any option other than trying to keep it at 0-0 or 1-0 for as long as we could and hoping to sneak something late on. We were well beaten by a team several levels above us. Bar our defensive 5 and 'keeper, our players were pretty poor.

Fulham, Crystal Palace and Brighton have done it in the last 2 months. I'd rather we had a go than rather than waving a white flag from the off. We approached the Ajax game (and Celtic) in the same manner. Liverpool had their most comfortable game of the season against us. I don't think we should accept that.

All 3 teams that have had years of EPL revenue and can blow our budget out the water

We couldn't sign a first team player from any of those teams.

What the hell were folk expecting? Seriously?
Had we opened up and went all out it would likely have been 7 or 8 easy for them.

The way some are going on it’s as if we’d lost 2-0 away to Ross County rather than one of the best assembled sides in world football.

Perspective. Reality.

Not like you to have any, shows how mad the other posts are :D

Back