Thats ok then - Celtic to escape SFA rap for fans’ sectarian singing after holding pre-match talks with Green Brigade

As much as we hate that mob, what did we expect to happen?

They cannot be punished as there is no strict liability in the same way as we have never faced charges at a domestic level either.

That is my take on it also. My problem is the negative media coverage we receive over it compared to that mob.

Surely if you meet with someones fans, warn them about singing certain songs, then they basically ignore you, then punishment should be easy

It's basically a case of Celtic saying they are doing all they can do by issuing warnings but individuals aren't heeding it. They know if they are seen to be pro active they won't be punished. Bizarre!

That is my take on it also. My problem is the negative media coverage we receive over it compared to that mob
If the English media started showing an interest in the farcical way the SFA allows beast.f.c to act the way they do maybe something would have to change, surely the team Gerrard brought up would have contacts within the English press or better still the F.A

If the English media started showing an interest in the farcical way the SFA allows beast.f.c to act the way they do maybe something would have to change, surely the team Gerrard brought up would have contacts within the English press or better still the F.A
The English media dont give a monkey's %^*& about anything north of the border ! We are an outpost, both in football and politics.

Dont worry. Wee Stewy Robertson is working away "behind the scenes" to rectify the situation.
Most likely with King’s say so, going by his latest ramblings about doing things in a dignified manner.
We haven’t a chance as long as that’s his strategy.

I don't know why people continue to peddle this line, the 19th Century Terrorists have absolutely zero respect for the English so why would they care?
Other than damaging potential sponsorship revenues I can't really see what impact it would have.
Their sponsors continue to sponsor them despite being alerted to their sordid past so even at that they probably still would.

Can someone refresh my memory - were we charged over the Steve Clarke song?

If not then I’m not sure what folk expect them to do.

The difference here is the sectarian abuse aimed at McInnes was inside Hampden in an SFA run competition so the SFA should really be condemning the scum fans

I haven’t opened the link as it’s giving the Sun hits but I’ve not seen or heard Maxwell or SFA commenting on the incident and this’s where Lieswells power is being influenced and he’s controlling and minimising the fallout

Dornan MSP will be absolutely raging at this. He will re-doubled his campaign for strict liability.

If true, that's setting a very dangerous precedent, where fans can sing and do what they want and the club escapes punishment as long as they have a wee talk with supporters reps before the game. Mental.

The invite for a wee chat will be on its way from wee Clare to the union bears don't worry , or hold your breath

The difference here is the sectarian abuse aimed at McInnes was inside Hampden in an SFA run competition so the SFA should really be condemning the scum fans

I haven’t opened the link as it’s giving the Sun hits but I’ve not seen or heard Maxwell or SFA commenting on the incident and this’s where Lieswells power is being influenced and he’s controlling and minimising the fallout

The incident with Clarke was in the same SFA run tournament.

Strict liability, if or when it comes, will be designed by Liewell to target one club more than the rest. We all know the club that will suffer first and the most. Once Liddell has all bases covered he will give the go ahead.

Maybe I'm just been pesimistic.

And. That's only a subset of their support.

We play out a stupid 2 minute anti sectarian message EVERY home.game. why are Jimmy savilles favourites not doing it?

Last edited:
With no strict liability, what powers do the SFA have to punish any club?

We never received any punishment from SFA for our singing towards Steve Clarke.

However the difference in reporting in the media between their singing and our singing is very concerning and has been for a long time. This hypocrisy needs to be highlighted and continually highlighted.

It's got f*ck all to do with Celtic having a talk with the Green Brigade.

How many times do these c*nts act out and get away with it from banners to chanting about the IRA etc.

It really is simple in the sense of:

DOB/H*n = Fair game
F£nian = bad and charges will be brought against you.
Sums up the cesspit that is modern day Scotland. Ruled by scum, for scum.

Has the SFA / SPL or SPFL, or whatever the fxxk you call them, ever taken action against Rangers for sectarian chants/songs in domestic league or cup matches?

My memory is sadly not what it once was but I can’t remember us ever being hit for this.

So, as much as it pains me to say it, I don’t remember any precedent being set for the SFA to base any punishment on the tramps.

I agree the mentally challengeds are out of control

I agree they get away with murder on the pitch

I agree their board simply pay lip service to media regarding the behaviour of their fans

I agree their board are in cahoots with the green brigade and know exactly what banners they are going to display on match day.

I agree that whole scummy club are a blight on decent society and need held accountable for their crimes.

However on this one I don’t see them being liable for their fans chants and to be honest I don’t want them to be as it opens the door for us to be hammered too and then strict liability. Until we get our own house in order we must be wary as to what punishments are being talked about out there.

What is more of an issue, as far as I am concerned, is the media and political fall out from this. Reading the times article you get the impression “former Rangers” man McInnes is the one to blame and he “admitted” he was wrong to react to the filth chants and he will accept his punishment. What sort of pish is this?

Also heard nothing from anti sectarian groups or political darlings who get mortally wounded when someone farts. There is simply nobody “calling it out” when Protestants are on the wrong end of this type of behaviour.

Maybe we need to be engaging with the CoS to get them to stand to fxxk up for themselves.

https://www.churchofscotland.org.uk...partments/councils/church_and_society_council

I don’t know – am rabbling – not having a good day.

This is now beyond sinister, they are literally getting away with everything.

Rangers should be asking questions that demand immediate answers from the the hierarchy and the compliance officer.

The whole set up is tainted beyond repair

So no strict liability then , unless its Rangers.

Every and any Rangers fan who lives in Scotland must vote out catholic and pro-Celtc candidates. It's the only way.
I’m not sure what you mean here? We haven’t been subjected to strict liability either have we?

There is literally nothing which can be done to Celtic as a club for this with the current rules. Or any other club with misbehaving fans.

Let me get this right. The Peasants supposedly warned the Gangrene Brigade pre-match about sectarian singing, yet it was ignored and still happened anyway ?
Exactly my point, it still happened, and despite this it’s still ignored by the C.O.

So are the rest of the League fixtures against the Green Brigade now are Celtic changing their name again,is anyone in the media actually going to address this get out .

I’m not sure what you mean here? We haven’t been subjected to strict liability either have we?

There is literally nothing which can be done to Celtic as a club for this with the current rules. Or any other club with misbehaving fans.
I merely mean that this is a sign of things to come. They are untouchable. The OBAF Act was brought in to punish us and so it transpired. Eventually they decided it didn’t fit their agenda, so it was binned and this is the next set of legislation that will be pushed through to attack Rangers and our fans, all the while ignoring the out of control Celtc support.

So they held talks with them, and they still done it .....

Don’t forget they were “banned” a few years ago for
what was it again ? One game :rolleyes:

Found it. Two games !!!

Some fans will remain suspended even when Celtic reopen the Green Brigade section of their stadium after Saturday's league opener.
The Glasgow club announced a two-game closure of a 900-capacity section of the safe-standing area at Celtic Park.

That followed "serious incidents of unsafe behaviour" at previous games.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40782471

This is the game Celtic play all the time.. make a show of being seen to lay down the law to the Green Brigade or ban supporters while in reality they have a bit of a natter and anyone banned will be allowed back in once the attention is diverted.

Green Brigade has Lawwell over a barrel - they keep the flack from being thrown in public. In return he accommodates their excesses.
Remember when it always all about how Celtic fans indulge in “political” rather than “religious” singing? He gave them the green light.

On the other hand, Rangers are at odds with the most evident supporters group over where they sit in the stadium.
We are nowhere by comparison.

Strange that details of this "meeting" comes out days after the event.... Id wager this went down like their tour of Japan....didn't happen

Teflon Tims

They f..ked up by letting it be known they hate being called pedos.
WE ARE UP TO OUR KNEES IN PEDO SCUM.
WE HATE CELTIC PEDO B..TARDS
Let's ditch the 19th Century Terrorist for pedo.
I've sung that for a couple of years now.
I'm surprised more don't to be honest.
A simple solution to getting rid of the word 19th Century Terrorist and likely making them even more upset.

If true, that's setting a very dangerous precedent, where fans can sing and do what they want and the club escapes punishment as long as they have a wee talk with supporters reps before the game. Mental.
Yes but only 1 club will get away with it , nobody else will especially us

don't know why people continue to peddle this line, the 19th Century Terrorists have absolutely zero respect for the English so why would they care?
Other than damaging potential sponsorship revenues I can't really see what impact it would have.
Their sponsors continue to sponsor them despite being alerted to their sordid past so even at that they probably still would.
I wasnt saying anything about the mhanks and what they think about England it was about the farcical way the heads of Scottish football treat not just our club but all of Scottish football. There has to be some point where the club asks why the continual nicely nicely approach towards them.
The manky mob always seem to have sponsorship deals that have a Irish connection who would have thought that.

Can anyone, amid the wailing and gnashing of teeth, try to explain just how they are being treated differently to us in this?

Rangers warn us constantly not to sing bigoted songs. Some fans sing bigoted songs. Because Rangers warn us not to, absolutely zero happens to the club in terms of sanctions.

That is pretty much exactly what is happening there too so the outrage seems to be a little strange.

If you want to discuss difference in media treatment, well, I think you will struggle to find many arguing against it but in terms of sanctions from the footballing authorities, every club really is treated the same over this.

I wasnt saying anything about the mhanks and what they think about England it was about the farcical way the heads of Scottish football treat not just our club but all of Scottish football. There has to be some point where the club asks why the continual nicely nicely approach towards them.
The manky mob always seem to have sponsorship deals that have a Irish connection who would have thought that.
Yes mate I know that but who exactly do you think has been running Scottish football in the last several years since the refs strike?

Its disappointing how naïve, immature and far away our club hierachy is with the UB's as a contrast.
It's true. If the UB's were facilitated in the same way the green brigade are I'm sure atmospheres at Ibrox would improve.

When the SMSM never report them out for actions then they keep getting away with it, its the whole approach from that club from the top down

So there was a pre match pep talk, that no one can prove took place.

Yet they still ignored the club's pleas?

Surely then that gets them in ahem, collision with the club if not the SFA?

Lies yet again. And no one will utter a peep.

Yes mate I know that but who exactly do you think has been running Scottish football in the last several years since the refs strike?
Yeah ruling it with a green fist, we come on hear and all of us are fucking raging about the way the games governed by they bastards and we're hoping that surely there must be change but I won't hold my breath

Yeah ruling it with a green fist, we come on hear and all of us are fucking raging about the way the games governed by they bastards and we're hoping that surely there must be change but I won't hold my breath
Corrupt as fcuk mate, they knew what they were doing when they forced that referee strike that's for sure.
Sneaky, slimey bastards.

No, but just ignore that. Get raging, call our board weak, demand a statement.

I've skited and skimmed through this thread.

I've yet to read anyone having a go at our board over this.

I'd say this thread is more about how the filth are being portrayed as being pro active in the 'fight' against sectarian chanting, when they are anything but.

When you think about this it really is too absurd for words.

The filth have a pep talk with the gb's before a game with Aberdeen and tell them not to sing offensive/sectarian songs.

But they don't warn them about the same sort of chanting two weekends previously before a game against Rangers?

Surely this is the Bheasts officially confirming they know in advance who sings these songs, having then "warned" these same fans not to sing these songs, these same fans then actually sing these songs but, the Bheasts knowing all of this now deny any responsibility & take no action themselves against the fans they admit to knowing sang the songs
This is simply confirmation that they are unofficial endorsing these songs & are refusing to take action on it.
So, the question here is why are they not being challenged on these facts????

Back