The ‘rangers’ shop on st Enoch square

Papasmurf

Official Ticketer
I know it’s nothing to do with the club and it’s shut down. But why don’t the club speak to the council to get our name and badge off the wall? Walked past it today and it’s a bloody eyesore and having our badge up there looks awful

I know it’s nothing to do with the club and it’s shut down. But why don’t the club speak to the council to get our name and badge off the wall? Walked past it today and it’s a bloody eyesore and having our badge up there looks awful
I went past it last week looks a state. Nothing a ladder and a hammer won't fix!

Time for a Union Bears Midnight Graffiti job?

Last edited:
Probably down to the letting agent to sort out.

What can the club do? Seems harsh to criticise the club when you dont know what actions they have taken or can have it get it removed
I’m not criticising the club. Just pointing out that maybe they should look at it.

It’s probable that they aren’t aware of it

I was under the impression of a shop closed the owners were obligated to remove the signage almost as soon as it closed.

When you look at almost any boarded up store, there’s usually never any branding left on them.

I was under the impression of a shop closed the owners were obligated to remove the signage almost as soon as it closed.

When you look at almost any boarded up store, there’s usually never any branding left on them.
Most brands dont want their brands associated with a closed down store. IT doesnt look good for business. Which is why they will want it removed ASAP

But then, they would have owned the lease/store so its in their interest to take it away

Maybe not so easy if the badge doesn’t belong to us or our IP?

I know the narrative was as “modernisation” but I’m sure the main reason for our new logo was due to Ashley having rights to the previous one.

We killed two birds with one stone there perhaps. Modernise the logo and trademark it ourselves. Ashley strangle hold in the specific regard of logo/badge rights no more.

Either way, yes it would be good if it could be removed. Someone will need to pay for it to be removed so I guess it’ll remain until a new occupant moves into that store.

Seen it but just saying I don't think it's down to the council to sort out.

I reckon it would either be the letting agent or ourselves who have to arrange the removal.
It will be the landlord or property manager acting on their behalf.

Until a new tenant signs a lease for the unit, they probably won't want to spend any money it

Mostly they'll reverse as much as possible from whatever was done during the fit-out works. Remove their branding , room dividers etc.

In this case they haven't so maybe the landlord will bill them an agreed amount for it.

Because the council would probably change the club for it.

Back