The 107 points that I wanted.

Is it bad that, despite being miles ahead, them drawing yesterday today’s result has left me a bit down? I knew it would be a tough match (the fact Motherwell were bottom was down to them having games in hand) but gutted we never got the full 3 points.

The next 5 to 8 months are about getting the league wrapped up no matter how many points we get then qualifying for the CL. Once we've achieved both then we can put the boot to them big time.

Getting that Champions league income will put us years ahead of them especially as they need to rebuild from top to bottom next summer with a vastly reduced budget.

I can see us winning several league titles in a row while they try and catch up.

Give it a rest ffs negativity is rampant enough on FF tonight
Anyone who thinks we’ve got a hope of winning every single game from now until the end of the season needs a proper reality check. It’s not realistic and while Celtic aren’t going to win 17 on the bounce either they are capable of going on a winning run.

Theres an air of complacency on this forum which is making me nervous to be honest.

We’re getting into the business end of the season even the small clubs have got something to play for. Dropping points is inevitable. 97 wins it whatever happens

Never going to happen.

If we did win the league early, players would be rested for final games leading to the liklihood of dropped points.

If we win the league without losing a league match it will be one hell of an achievement.
Winning the league is all that matters.

Going undefeated in the league all season would be a good achievement, would’ve been better if we hadn’t lost cup game.
Rodgers Celtic side amassed 106 points as a new record.
as it stands we need 41 points from 14 games to achieve this.
massive ask. Probably close to impossible. Would’ve been nice though.
Any "achievement" they garnered during the last 10 years has to be quantified within the context it was won.

Ultimately it means %^*& all.

Just want Rangers to win 55.

Honestly, we all know it, but it will be so much sweeter than anything they have won.

Rodgers inherited a team of internationals that had won 5 leagues in a row. Thier biggest "competition" was Aberdeen and a Rangers team with guys like Senderos, Kiernan, McKay etc. At this time, Celtic increased spending and thier wage bill to the point where they were out spending the rest of Scottish football combined.

Gerrard inherited an absolute mess. There's only 2 left from before he took over. We had no scouting department and our entire football infrastructure needed rebuilt from the ground up. His main rivals were hoovering up every trophy going, while continuing to out spend us year on year.

There's your comparison.

I've been spending my time at work very productively and I believe that if they drop points in 2 games and we win all our games then by the time we play them we could win the league by beating them at their sty.

PWDLPointsGames LeftPoints LeftMaximum Points
Rangers32293090618108
Celtic3221837161889

Genuinely don't get the comparisons to when Brenda was their manager. If they were ever demoted and had to work their way back up as we did, then I could understand it. But the desire to 'outdo' them, particularly in a period whereby they had every advantage going isn't something I'm concerned with. Along the lines of Dembele and Lustig gloating about beating us when Pedro was manager.
Fair comment. If they had hit the deck and got back to the top level and had a few seasons doing relatively nothing Brendan Rodgers wouldn't have touched them .They only got him due to the base they had and that was as much due to Rangers being hamstrung as it was to do with Celtics supposed excellence

As things stand, Kiddyfiddler FC can theoretically get to 96 points, so our target is currently 97 points.

obviously those numbers are subject to change, depending on whatever further points they drop against the 10 other SPFL clubs, or in the two remaining games v us
Their theoretical tally will change late Wednesday night.

I think we will end up with 98 points. 10 wins , 2 draws and 2 defeats. Will win the league by 6-7 points

Rodgers Celtic side had a ridiculous budget compared to the rest and their main rivals was a complete shambles of a Rangers team.

You cant compare the two
One could even argue that aberdeen were really their rival at the time

What fixture does everyone recon we could win the league on going by current form of both Old Firm clubs? Are we looking at 28 February away to Livingston or 6 March at home to St. Mirren realistically?
Whatever fixture it is that makes it mathematically done then that's when we will realistically win it. Yesterday was a reminder to everyone that we shouldn't get far ahead of ourselves there's plenty football left to be played.

By the end of this month they will have 1 game in hand left so we will know better where we stand in terms of points but for me it's not going to be won until the split.

Yeah, it would be nice to get a points record or to go undefeated or whatever.

Let's remember though that we haven't been champions since 2011.

Being in 1st place after 38 matches is ALL that matters.

Number of points do not matter, as long as we get 55. Hopefully we have a load of European games coming up, we will drop points as the team will be changed regularly to keep Europe alive. Scottish Cup would be the icing on the cake.

Going undefeated in the league all season would be a good achievement, would’ve been better if we hadn’t lost cup game.

Impossible- either 42 or 40 !

Who cares, let's just win the title. Points records are largely meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

Back