The 12 players out of contract at end of the season

Based on FF logic, that we should have hoovered up Joey Veerman and Skov Olsen no questions asked but being slightly realistic that the likes of Messi and Ronaldo are out with our range bracket we could pick up all these for nowt. Don’t even have to leave the UK.

McGregor - De Gea Man Utd or Bettinelli Chelsea
Davis - Jorginho Chelsea or Gundongan Man City
Arfield - Tielmans Leicester or Doucoure Everton
Jack - Kante Chelsea or Keita Liverpool
Helander - Mina Everton or Soyuncu Leicester
Kent - Zaha Crystal Palace or Trossard Brighton
Morelos - Firmino Liverpool or Rashford Man Utd
Devine - Dalot Man Utd or Semedo Wolves

McCrorie/Wright - Take your pick Bentley Bristol City, Neto Bournemouth or Robles Leeds Utd.

Not sure what the deal is with Sands or Tillman loans but they are what they are loans.

Job done for you Ross Wilson

On present showing I would only want Kent to sign a new deal so we don't end up losing him for nothing, even if we did only get a small fee. Unless he can start showing signs of hitting his best form on a more consistent basis then I think it's best for everyone if we parted ways as things look like they've stagnated.

Morelos is in a slightly similar situation but I'm more optimistic that he can find his best form this season and give us something to think about.

I think we will sign Tillman but only for Bayern to buy him back and sell on to someone else as per the agreement. I can't see Bayern selling him to us for £4-5m and leaving it at that when they know they could easily get double that from any number of European teams.

The jury is out on Sands, can't see many being keen on a permanent deal at the suggested fee but I'd be keen to see him in his favoured position first.

The rest, other than Devine, can go. Either too old, too unreliable or not good enough.

What I do think is that we're almost certain to be unable to afford the overhaul the squad needs and losing so many bodies would be tough to deal with. I can see a few of them staying simply because they'd be easy options to keep the numbers up.

Thinking about it, we will most likely give extensions to jack and arfield again this summer, mainly due to the home grown status for Europe. Wouldn’t surprise me if kent and Morelos both go, I think their time is up here. We need to sign tillman, would be negligent from Wilson if we don’t. Sands I wouldn’t sign, still hasn’t stuck down a position and £4 million is a lot of money for a utility player.

Back