The 2022/23 season alternative prediction thread

We will win the league and no cups and we won’t make the CL. We will be poor in Europe this season as a comedown from last season and won’t make it out of the Europa group stage. We will finish 3rd and parachute down into the conference.

We will go 1 round in the conference before losing to an English team in the last 8.

We will win the league and no cups and we won’t make the CL. We will be poor in Europe this season as a comedown from last season and won’t make it out of the Europa group stage. We will finish 3rd and parachute down into the conference.

We will go 1 round in the conference before losing to an English team in the last 8.
If we parachute into the conference we’ll need to go 2 rounds (playoff then last 16) to make it to the last 8 (I think).

Jesus, I might just give it a bye this year.

We’ll make the CL group stages and be drawn in the group of death which will include an English side

There will be at least 1 major VAR decision that we will not get due to operator “error”

Not a chance.

We'll do very well in Europe, although I do agree that the league's a given.

Surely though it now being 4 years in a row makes it the rule?

1 season would be an exception, 4 in a row is a habit and therefore now the required normal?
Here’s hoping mate.

My first European game that I remember going to was osasuna in the early 80s in what I can only describe as a quagmire of a pitch and it rained so badly the raving car prints came off my yellow Y fronts. We won 1-0 but lost over there. I’ve been transfixed by European football ever since.

These last 4 years have been extraordinary

Win the league and Scottish Cup. VAR will make an important decision in a decisive old firm it will be the right decision but the scum will still be going on about this decision in 30 years time with them calling for VAR to be removed.

Get into the CL but finish 3rd and into the Europa where we are knocked out in the last 16.

Kent will score +15 goals this season.

I'd take that. Best team always win the league and will get us UCL cash

I believe you!!!!!

Win the league by April, finished bottom of the group stage of the champions league and sell 2 players in the January window. Win the league cup and lose the semi final of the Scottish cup on penalties

Christ you are so full of optimism. A ray of fecking sunshine.

exit UCL in the playoff round to PSV :(

3rd in UEL (tough group)

Win the Conference League (Slavia stadium of all places) Sons of Prague!

1st Scottish Premiership

Win Scottish League Cup

Win Scottish Cup

(Quadruple :)))

Thats the spirit :D

Decisions in favour of Celtic will become more and more obvious as they try to squeeze their 10-15 point dodgy decision swing before VAR.

Dundee United will bomb and be trapped in a relegation fight.

We will win the league with good post world cup form.

We will either make the CL or bomb out of Europe

Qualify for the CL.
Finish 3rd. Go out at last 16 stage of EL
Not win the league cup.
Be 3 points behind in the league going into the World Cup.
Come back as underdogs and be the side to find tremendous form after the restart.
Win the title within the last 3 games.
Win back to back Scottish cups beating the scum 3-0 showing again our superior fitness.

Good few predicting the quadruple which is some laugh considering we’ve not even done a double in about 10 year.

We will win the league.

We will qualify for the CL.

We will come 3rd in the CL groups then reach the quarters of the EL.

We won't win a domestic cup.

I'd be happy with the above.

Win CL QR3 then lose the playoff round. Get to last 8 of EL.

Win the league by 5-8 points.

We will end the season with a different manager as Gio will go back to Feyenoord midway through the season.

Morelos will leave and go to Benfica.

Lewis Ferguson signs for us.

Alan McGregor does a David Weir and retires couple of months into season leaving us short of a keeper till January.

Jack Ross sacked by Christmas and Tam Courts goes back to Utd.

We scrape into the CL, get a "glamour draw" and cause another upset before just missing out on the last 16.

Domestically, we start slowly but we get our act together after the WC break, going on to take the LC.

Morelos and Kent sign unprecedented new deals in January. We also bring in some random who goes onto play a massive part in the second half of the season.

We make the quarter finals of the EL.

A VAR call gives us vital a result at the Piggery with the ensuing meltdown being fucking glorious.

We crack on and take the title at Ibrox with a couple of games to go.

Another Scottish Cup run sees us in the final again. We don't play our best but one of the youngsters truly comes of age and nets us the winner to clinch a treble.

We win the league, a cup and at least get to group stages of champions league.

A Scottish player signs a pre contract with us early 2023. I’m going with Kenny McLean.

Alfie signs a new deal. Aribo and Kamara are sold this summer. Bassey goes for big bucks in Jan.

St Johnstone get relegated. Hibs finish bottom two but scrape the play off.

Will win the league
Will win the league cup
Alfredo will start on fire hammering goals in only to leave on deadline day for a decent fee.

While Celtic win the League Cup and Scottish Cup with pure undiluted football. They will also win the Champions League, drop down into the Europa League Final and win that, then drop down into the Conference Final and win that also.

AngeBall will go down in history as being the most authentic style of football ever created and Ralston will finally be acknowledged as the World Class footballer he is by winning that Ballon D'or

Last edited:
Our marquee signing will be a complete flop. Kemar Roofe will be out for the season. Morelos and Aribo will leave. Kent will have no goals by Christmas. We’ll get bodied out the CL by a Scandinavian team midway through their campaign. 8 first teamers will be injured or suspended for the final Old Firm of the season and our starting striker will be a B team player.

We will still win the league and cup double.

still, good news about the league

Back