The 3 Stages Of Dave King – Investor... Saviour... Irrelevant

If the rumours are true the only way that Graeme Park survived staying on the board is that he voluntarily paid £1,000,000 of his own money to pay off Pedro Caixinha and his back room staff, maybe a load of rubbish but a few fans in the members lounge have said this.
His dads money in theory !!

So, presumably, you would agree that a wealthy and astute operator could come up with a better plan to ‘control’ the club with his shares than reducing his input to a single vote within a group that is designed in a way as to preclude him being able to exert influence?

It is a nonsense, frankly.
I refer you to the Q&A at the recent contributors meeting. He did not rule himself out of being the Club1872 rep to the board. It's not nonsense.

It's really quite simple.

Dave King first time around was great for Rangers.
King second time around played an absolutely pivotal role in saving Rangers; for that, I'm eternally grateful.

However, King's actions since stepping down haven't been in the club's best interests; that's his decision and, of course, his right.

I'd rather concentrate on the great work the likes of Douglas Park, John Bennett (and all of the other investors) are doing for the good of the club.

I wish King was still involved in a meaningful capacity for the good of the club, but he's not.
King is, therefore, yesterday's news.
Park is the man spending his considerable time, effort, and money on helping to deliver us a successful Rangers.

I don't want to go off on a tangent too much – but, frankly, I find it both ridiculous and disgraceful that Park is being criticised in other threads.
I agree it would be better if King was still involved at the club. His desire to initially invest under Murray and then orchestrate the move to outflank Ashley, etc, shows his commitment and support to the club.

As for what has happened since, who knows. It’s a shame.

I refer you to the Q&A at the recent contributors meeting. He did not rule himself out of being the Club1872 rep to the board. It's not nonsense.
As c1872 rep to the board, he would, as stated, be restricted to voting the way the membership tells him to. If he were after de facto control, using c1872 is probably the worst possible way to try and do it.

King is really not doing himself any favours with these continued outbursts.

The presence and influence of the shadowy Club 1872 director, Chris Graham, is utterly toxic.

I’m not sure what King is trying to achieve here.
There is zero chance Club 1872 in its toxic form will ever get the cash to buy him out.

It’s all very strange.

King is really not doing himself any favours with these continued outbursts.

The presence and influence of the shadowy Club 1872 director, Chris Graham, is utterly toxic.

I’m not sure what King is trying to achieve here.
There is zero chance Club 1872 in its toxic form will ever get the cash to buy him out.

It’s all very strange.
He is trying to put pressure on the board to buy his shares.

Back