The 8th anniversary of the Lord Nimmo Smith enquiry - Rangers keep their trophies

mdingwall

Administrator
Essentially, the tribunal declared the club enjoyed no competitive advantage through the employment of EBTs - (any savings could easily have been matched by issuing new shares, obtaining loans etc) - and thus the trophies were saved. The club were fined a paltry £250,000 for technical breaches in the reporting of the EBTs to the football authorities.

5eE40FW.jpg

Y916FtU.jpg

FaOFm4W.jpg

WoLd1Ri.jpg

uvWRrPi.jpg

The bitterness and hatred from the entire Scottish media from that time is still etched in my memory.
That’s why this will be the greatest title win and GiRFUY ever to all our detractors out there.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.

On a slightly lighter note if someone could find Bob Malcolm's facebook post showing the trophy room and MC Hammer's "Can't touch this!" as the backing music I'd be greatful. A real LMFAO moment when the 'verdict' was announced.

The Keith Jackson (bizarrely) article outlining that everything Doncaster / Regan accused Rangers of was a ‘figment of their imagination’

Yet on the same day articles above from wallopers of clubs like St Mirren calling us cheats.

The very reason they labelled us cheats was Regan and Doncaster. The job Celtic had them specifically hired to do once their moment came.

Their entire narrative and complete control of the process on Celtic’s behalf led to Rangers being forcibly removed from the league and the public told what Celtic wanted them told.

Remember. They had already stood as Celtic’s appointed judge jury (and executioner) to tell us we were losing those titles and being put in Div 1 as ‘punishment’.

‘Punishment’ for what ?

The very thing Lord Nimmo Smith called a load of nonsense is still flung at us years on when we were the party wronged in the aftermath of the company collapsing.

It should anger us every day but its been so long all we can do now is win and make up for the stolen time

“We do our business impeccably on and off the field. That’s why we’re in the position we are and other clubs aren’t”.

It took a while, but how’s that working for you now, Neil Frances?

Thanks for posting. Not much fun for a Monday morning, making my blood boil reading that.

The 5 way agreement, was and still is, one of the most sickening things I’ve ever come across in football, complete hatchet job to the detriment of one team whilst handing another the winning lottery numbers.

Ally and I suppose Charles Green have to have our thanks for fighting that all the way.

Loathe to be thankful to Green given his part thereafter in our boardroom struggles but is what it is. That’s an argument and depressing thought for another day.

There really should have been an independent investigating into the workings of that agreement but given what we know about the running of Scottish football that was never going to happen. Complete farce.

8 years later Doncaster is still in a job as well.

It was mental risk-taking by Murray but not ‘cheating’. The money saved by using EBTs - remember this would only be a proportion of the £40-plus million often quoted - pales into insignificance in relation to the ultimate cost to the club. What figure could anyone put on that?

The real scandal was the attempt to trade off honours won for entry to the second tier. The SFL refused to strip League Cups but also insisted that Rangers start at the bottom again.

The other angle that also infuriated me was that the use of EBTs was hardly a secret and Celtic had in fact used the scheme. The honourable course of action would surely have been to make it an issue long before the Murray group imploded.

But honourable and Scottish football don’t really go together.

Daily record: Lets ask fans of other clubs for their uppity opinions.

Did they rush out and ask Rangers fans about Hearts £28m admin debt, Dundee going into admin twice, Motherwell sacking 19 players and going into admin, Killie and Aberdeen writing off tens of millions in bank debt after public money was used to bail these same banks out?

Still The World's Most successful Club.

AN advert for Rangers Football Club (RFC) has been cleared following 78 complaints that it described itself as the "most successful" in Scotland.

The radio, press and email ads said: "Join Scotland's most successful club at Ibrox (stadium)" as part of a promotion on season tickets.

The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) said 78 complainants believed the "most successful club" claim was misleading because they understood that it had only been formed in 2012.

Defending the ad, the RFC said previous owner-operator The Rangers Football Club Plc, named as Oldco, went into administration in February 2012, but the business and assets were bought by another corporate entity, now known as the Rangers Football Club Ltd, or Newco.

The club provided an extract from a decision by an independent commission appointed by the Scottish Premier League (SPL), which said "in common speech a club is treated as a recognisable entity which is capable of being owned and operated and which continues in existence despite its transfer to another owner and operator".

It also provided a letter from the European Club Association (ECA) concerning its continuing membership after the liquidation which stated that, although run by a different legal entity, it considered RFC was still the same football club, having the same registration number with the Football Association, the same fans, the same stadium, the same club coefficient ranking and the same trophies, and it therefore recognised RFC as a founding member of the ECA despite the change of ownership.

Last edited:
Ally and I suppose Charles Green have to have our thanks for fighting that all the way.

Loathe to be thankful to Green given his part thereafter in our boardroom struggles but is what it is. That’s an argument and depressing thought for another day.
I heard a different story that isn’t so charitable to what Green would have you believe.

McCoist fought a lone battle that day. Petrie was sneering at Rangers and wanting the titles stripped. Green was up for it but McCoist got up and walked out saying he wanted no part of that. Green later came out and said it was him who prevented the title stripping.

Thanks for posting. Not much fun for a Monday morning, making my blood boil reading that.

The 5 way agreement, was and still is, one of the most sickening things I’ve ever come across in football, complete hatchet job to the detriment of one team whilst handing another the winning lottery numbers.

There really should have been an independent investigating into the workings of that agreement but given what we know about the running of Scottish football that was never going to happen. Complete farce.

8 years later Doncaster is still in a job as well.
The RFFF went 50/50 with the club in funding the legal representation at the Tribunal.

The other angle that also infuriated me was that the use of EBTs was hardly a secret and Celtic had in fact used the scheme. The honourable course of action would surely have been to make it an issue long before the Murray group imploded.
It had of course been a completely acceptable tax ruse for several years until HMRC shifted the goalposts and decided they’d actually like a slice of that action.

Rather than the SFA and SFL rallying to our side and contesting the unfairness of that move, instead, prodded by Lawwell, Reid and co., they saw the opportunity to cripple us for years.

That was beyond infuriating, it was disgraceful.

Yet they mentally challenged bastards were using EBT's as well and possibly other clubs had some way of dodging paying tax whichever way it was (legally i'm on about here) and even now not one fkn peep from the mhedia fckpigs,it's still all directed our way,well fck them all!!

A current account with 3% interest. Crazy days indeed.

As the saying goes; 'when you strike at the king, you must kill him'.

They had their chance, we took a sore one, but now again they know their place.

Reading that, with the old blood pressure already raised, quickly makes you realise that this will be no ordinary league title. This will sicken not only the mentally challengeds, but Scottish Football in its entirety. They hate us, beyond anything else is this world, they tried to kill us. Their bitterness and hatred was their downfall.
We will not stop at 55.

Still The World's Most successful Club.

AN advert for Rangers Football Club (RFC) has been cleared following 78 complaints that it described itself as the "most successful" in Scotland.

The radio, press and email ads said: "Join Scotland's most successful club at Ibrox (stadium)" as part of a promotion on season tickets.

The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) said 78 complainants believed the "most successful club" claim was misleading because they understood that it had only been formed in 2012.

Defending the ad, the RFC said previous owner-operator The Rangers Football Club Plc, named as Oldco, went into administration in February 2012, but the business and assets were bought by another corporate entity, now known as the Rangers Football Club Ltd, or Newco.

The club provided an extract from a decision by an independent commission appointed by the Scottish Premier League (SPL), which said "in common speech a club is treated as a recognisable entity which is capable of being owned and operated and which continues in existence despite its transfer to another owner and operator".

It also provided a letter from the European Club Association (ECA) concerning its continuing membership after the liquidation which stated that, although run by a different legal entity, it considered RFC was still the same football club, having the same registration number with the Football Association, the same fans, the same stadium, the same club coefficient ranking and the same trophies, and it therefore recognised RFC as a founding member of the ECA despite the change of ownership.
Sad thing is this goes right over their heads The idiot Tim are a hate filled bunch who will forever be in our shadow. The only thing left for them to do is tell lies to suit their agenda.We are now starting to do the right thing by calling them out and proving they're nothing but a shower of 19th Century Terrorist bastards......

On a connected note, I fully expect one or two of the usual suspects in the rags to bring up the new club / trophy haul question in the immediate aftermath of our clinching the title.

On a connected note, I fully expect one or two of the usual suspects in the rags to bring up the new club / trophy haul question in the immediate aftermath of our clinching the title.

Guaranteed, It would be too embarrassing for Celtic to admit they lost to a new club (well, you'd think) so it'll be another jobber team with an axe to grind that congratulate us on our "first" league win.

It had of course been a completely acceptable tax ruse for several years until HMRC shifted the goalposts and decided they’d actually like a slice of that action.

Rather than the SFA and SFL rallying to our side and contesting the unfairness of that move, instead, prodded by Lawwell, Reid and co., they saw the opportunity to cripple us for years.

In addition to the above, numerous clubs throughout Scotland, including the scum, Dundee etc had all used the system. (The scum still use a similar system, the movie scam, where’s the uproar over that?)

That lady's front bottom John Reid was in on it too, with his pal in charge of HMRC at the time. I’ll never vote labour again in my life because of fbat

Nobody was hauled over the coals like we were. Till the day I die, I’ll be convinced that this was a hatchet job on Rangers to try and kill us. It was a meticulous, cold, sly plan to rid Scottish football of Rangers, as everyone was fed up of us being the best team in the country.

Nobody will convince me otherwise.

%^*& Scottish football.
%^*& the SFA/SPFL.
%^*& HMRC.
%^*& the pedo scum.
%^*& every club that tried to kick us when we were down.
But most importantly, %^*& every other clubs fans, hope the time comes soon when your diddy clubs die, I’ll be there to throw a party.

Thanks a lot Mark. :shh:

In addition to the above, numerous clubs throughout Scotland, including the scum, Dundee etc had all used the system. (The scum still use a similar system, the movie scam, where’s the uproar over that?)

That lady's front bottom John Reid was in on it too, with his pal in charge of HMRC at the time. I’ll never vote labour again in my life because of fbat

Nobody was hauled over the coals like we were. Till the day I die, I’ll be convinced that this was a hatchet job on Rangers to try and kill us. It was a meticulous, cold, sly plan to rid Scottish football of Rangers, as everyone was fed up of us being the best team in the country.

Nobody will convince me otherwise.

%^*& Scottish football.
%^*& the SFA/SPFL.
%^*& HMRC.
%^*& the pedo scum.
%^*& every club that tried to kick us when we were down.
But most importantly, %^*& every other clubs fans, hope the time comes soon when your diddy clubs die, I’ll be there to throw a party.

Thanks a lot Mark. :shh:

For "everyone" read a cabal of mentally challengeds.
They were the ones who instigated this.
Sure, the rest to a greater or lesser extent reveled in the unexpected opportunity to put the boot into us, but this was a plot devised, overseen and carried out by papists.

That lady's front bottom John Reid was in on it too, with his pal in charge of HMRC at the time. I’ll never vote labour again in my life because of fbat.

HMRC moved against Rangers EBT's in 2010. Parliament was prorogued. After that date Cameron's Conservative /Lib Dem coalition was in power. SNP was in power in Scotland.

The detestable Reid resigned from the government in 2007 ( when Brown became Prime Minister ). Reid couldn't stand Brown that's why he resigned, so I don't who you mean by Reid's pal. Not Alastair Darling who wasn't a friend of Reid's either. Darling was Labour's last Chancellor.

Uniquely of the four major parties, LABOUR WAS NOT IN POWER AT ANY TIME DURING THE EBT FIASCO.

We were going to lose titles for issuing "side letters". There was to be no right of appeal. They thought they had us done. We won and THEY couldn't appeal.

All of Scotland stood back and no one opened their mouths.

Tried to do us by twisting and turning.

How does it feel Alex Salmond ?

Clubs using schemes to lower their tax burden. How terrible. Take this one, for example -

"The Upper Tribunal (UT) has upheld the First-Tier Tribunal August 2016 decision to deny tax relief for more than 1,000 people who had invested in the Ingenious Film financing schemes in the hope that this would secure them tax relief against their own tax liabilities. The UT judge has ruled that the film production costs were capital costs and therefore not tax deductible."

It's lucky that no Scottish clubs were sneaky enough to try to avoid paying tax through this scheme. That would have been against the best interests of sporting integrity, and I'm sure the same heavy sanctions would have fallen on them.

5Pxsfsw.png

The Keith Jackson (bizarrely) article outlining that everything Doncaster / Regan accused Rangers of was a ‘figment of their imagination’

Yet on the same day articles above from wallopers of clubs like St Mirren calling us cheats.

The very reason they labelled us cheats was Regan and Doncaster. The job Celtic had them specifically hired to do once their moment came.

Their entire narrative and complete control of the process on Celtic’s behalf led to Rangers being forcibly removed from the league and the public told what Celtic wanted them told.

Remember. They had already stood as Celtic’s appointed judge jury (and executioner) to tell us we were losing those titles and being put in Div 1 as ‘punishment’.

‘Punishment’ for what ?

The very thing Lord Nimmo Smith called a load of nonsense is still flung at us years on when we were the party wronged in the aftermath of the company collapsing.

It should anger us every day but its been so long all we can do now is win and make up for the stolen time
This all day long and from that day to this Lawwell has had Doncaster in his pocket and the reason his position is untenable since his letter to Lawwell after the case. He should be chased out of there.

Regan was clearly put in place to take the appropriate action.

The reason given for an ‘investigation’ into Rangers‘ use of EBTs - an interview with Hugh Adam - was a complete sham. Hugh Adam wasn’t even on the board when the critical decisions were taken and didn’t have a clue. He certainly bore a grudge against Murray (perhaps understandable). He was an old man and had only months to live.

There was no investigation as such because the plan was to dangle second tier football before Charles Green in return for accepting the removal of honours. It was only when Green at Ally McCoist’s insistence refused that the Nimmo Smith inquiry was initiated.

I heard a different story that isn’t so charitable to what Green would have you believe.

McCoist fought a lone battle that day. Petrie was sneering at Rangers and wanting the titles stripped. Green was up for it but McCoist got up and walked out saying he wanted no part of that. Green later came out and said it was him who prevented the title stripping.

Yup, there was a lot of talk on here about that scenario at the time.

Ally fought our corner on his own during that period imo.

Ally is many things, some less palatable than others, but there is no doubting the fact that he has a tremendous amount of goodwill in the bank for his actions and leadership during that time.

I’ll be eternally grateful to him for standing up and being counted on behalf of the Club and the support during those dark times.

WATP

Last edited:

McCoist is a club legend for this reason alone never mind the multiple honours he helped us win

Should never be forgotten

Whatever happened to THAT Keith Jackson ??

An incredibly accurate article on how Rangers were villified and incorrectly found guilty before any trial.
And how Regan and Doncaster were unfit for their offices even then.
That was 2013, fast forward to today and "not fit for office" is Keech's pal. Tells you a lot.

Yet they mentally challenged bastards were using EBT's as well and possibly other clubs had some way of dodging paying tax whichever way it was (legally i'm on about here) and even now not one fkn peep from the mhedia fckpigs,it's still all directed our way,well fck them all!!

Every business was using tax-reductions schemes. That EBT's were singled out by HMRC for special attention was no accident, imo. That Celtc didn't even declare Juninho's EBT to either the SFA or SPL and were never punished says it all.

Every business was using tax-reductions schemes. That EBT's were singled out by HMRC for special attention was no accident, imo. That Celtc didn't even declare Juninho's EBT to either the SFA or SPL and were never punished says it all.
Indeed.

That no other Scottish football side (and I'll excuse ours since we had our own problems) ever actually asked why CFC were never punished for this also speaks volumes.

It's one of the reasons that I'm with those who would gladly see all those poison dwarves inhabiting Scottish football burned to the ground.

Indeed.

That no other Scottish football side (and I'll excuse ours since we had our own problems) ever actually asked why CFC were never punished for this also speaks volumes.

It's one of the reasons that I'm with those who would gladly see all those poison dwarves inhabiting Scottish football burned to the ground.

It was scandalous, mate. We got hammered for EBT's, yet our accounts were openly presented to both football authorities. Celtc refused to declare Juninho's EBT to anyone, and nothing was said.

Scroll down the page.

Celtc Newco 1994.

Newco 1994 . The Celtc Football & Athletic coy. Ltd. Company no.SC153534 incorporated in 1994 Formerly called Pacific Shelf 595 ltd.

Newco 2001. Celtc f. c. Ltd. Coy. no.SC 223604 Incorporated in 2001 Formerly called HMS ( 402 ) Ltd..

When Fergus McCann took over in 1994 the original name from 1897 was changed. The fact is they've changed they're name that often it's difficult to keep track of what they call themselves now. I think it's fair to say that the only thing true to come out of the dump is when they tell all they are the club like no other ( run by 3 separate companies ) which would suggest being a relatively new club that the titles and trophies prior to 2001 , don't belong to the current club , whatever their name is.

Back