The Rangers 'Boss' nights

WBD

Official Ticketer
Possibly be calling it 'Singing the blues' nights due to the popularity of said song.

I have had some advice, which I agree with that just singing traditional songs, which in isolation will be good. New songs are essential as that seems to be the blueprint of the Boss nights. It seems the 'gig' feel to the boss nights is the winning formula. With that in mind, anyone with song suggestions, these need not be songs that can be sung at games. All suggestions are welcome whether it be PM or on this thread.

Also any musicians who would like to be involved, the preference is guitarists only, please advise.

Possibly be calling it 'Singing the blues' nights due to the popularity of said song.

I have had some advice, which I agree with that just singing traditional songs, which in isolation will be good. New songs are essential as that seems to be the blueprint of the Boss nights. It seems the 'gig' feel to the boss nights is the winning formula. With that in mind, anyone with song suggestions, these need not be songs that can be sung at games. All suggestions are welcome whether it be PM or on this thread.

Also any musicians who would like to be involved, the preference is guitarists only, please advise.
In the early seventies There was a song called 'show me the way to home', we changed it to 'show them the way to go home', always liked that

Could get this one going properly. The UB sang it at the start of the season but it kind of stagnated.

Singing songs like these can then help them take off in the stands. Almost all of Liverpool’s new chants have started at ‘Boss’ nights.

As I said, I’d try and push this song.

Could get this one going properly. The UB sang it at the start of the season but it kind of stagnated.

Singing songs like these can then help them take off in the stands. Almost all of Liverpool’s new chants have started at ‘Boss’ nights.

I think the OP wrote that!

Wrote it :D

I’m going to be honest we don’t need any more ‘Rangers’ songs.

I hope these events would push all the classics, including trying to encourage those to sing the correct lyrics to Follow Follow and Blue Sea of Ibrox etc.

New songs for players and small catchy tunes about our club is what’s needed in addition to the classics.

I’m going to be honest we don’t need any more ‘Rangers’ songs.

I hope these events would push all the classics, including trying to encourage those to sing the correct lyrics to Follow Follow and Blue Sea of Ibrox etc.

New songs for players and small catchy tunes about our club is what’s needed in addition to the classics.
Kinda confusing. Don't need any more Rangers songs. Then small catchy songs about our club :eek:

Hope it takes off mate.
More Gers songs, less ftp & the IRA

Did you do the edmiston drive one?

It sounds superb. Would like to hear a better recording.
Edmiston drive. I wrote. We are the bears, I wrote. Majesty I wrote the 2nd verse, but all the credit goes to the guy who suggested it. Not sure what is holding back the studio version of both majestic and Edmiston dtive

Edmiston drive. I wrote. We are the bears, I wrote. Majesty I wrote the 2nd verse, but all the credit goes to the guy who suggested it. Not sure what is holding back the studio version of both majestic and Edmiston dtive

I'm sure Rangers would open the stadium up to film in if its promoting the club in a positive way

In the early seventies There was a song called 'show me the way to home', we changed it to 'show them the way to go home', always liked that

As you would remember it was quite common for “pop” songs
to be turned into terrace chants in the 60’s and 70’s. A few off
the top of my head.

Hey Jude - Beatles (Na na na na na Rangers)
Wandrin Star - Lee Marvin (Born under a Union Jack)
Mammy - Al Jolson (Walk a million miles for one of your goals)
Amazing Grace - Royal Scots Dragoon Guards (Derry’s Walls)
Hello Hello (I’m Back Again) - Gary Glitter
Beautiful - Gary Glitter (champions 74/75)
It’s Magic - Pilot (Never be 10 in a row)
Seasons in the Sun - Terry Jacks (We had joy we had fun etc)
My Sweet Lord - George Harrison (Fook yer Harry)

the top of my head.

much better songs then

the top of my head.

Oasis.. She's electric. Glen Kamara he fires the ball like an area :D unfortunately we don't have the same inclusive acceptance in our support. Nowadays we wait for other fans to come up with tunes that we can adapt. Hoping these Boss nights can reverse that

Oasis.. She's electric. Glen Kamara he fires the ball like an arra :D unfortunately we don't have the same inclusive acceptance in our support. Nowadays we wait for other fans to come up with tunes that we can adapt. Hoping these Boss nights can reverse that
Glen Kamara he fires the ball like an arra
He covers more miles than Mo Farah
He's a midfield star
He's tremendous when in defence
He'll defend us
And on the attack he will send us
On to victory

She's electric. Sadly other fans have not used this tune, so by by FF logic, it's pish.

Last edited:
Sad thing is the mentally challengeds would have dozens of musicians willing by now. Our potential is so much less. Not a criticism, just a fact

Agree, must be an Irish thing, a lot of their music is either sung by Irish folk singers or songs about Ireland in them. Celtic seems to be celebrated through song and music if thats fair to say? Think the last proper main Rangers songs were out 70's/80's and the supporters have settled with them ever since. Follow Follow, Blue Sea of Ibrox, Every Other Saturday etc.

Reactions: WBD
the top of my head.

Bye bye ce***c,
about the 4-2 victory at the piggery

I go to Liverpool fairly regularly and I believe we are the only set of fans that could possibly emulate what they are doing. I really really wish all the best of luck with this and if they are even half as good as what Liverpool fans are doing it'll be a major success.

Sounds like it’s full steam ahead mate. Well done on your pursuit. PRW has to be included in any of these nights. One of the best rangers related songs there is and duly written by your good self. The Rangers Sos Cagon which Jim Hannah pieces together could be a hit albeit I would tweak a few lines to make them not specific to each stand and more repetitive for effect.

Might be missing the point but the videos I’ve seen of the boss nights they all look like people are going mental, some of the songs suggested are absolute dirges.

Might be missing the point but the videos I’ve seen of the boss nights they all look like people are going mental, some of the songs suggested are absolute dirges.
Its like a gig. A band playing songs that get the crowd right up for it.

Started to put together a list on Spotify of songs we have that would work well:

Joy Division- Love will tear us apart( Kent)
Bob Marley - Buffalo Soldier(Alfie)
Oasis- Morning Glory(Ross McCrorie)
Simon & Garfunkel- Mrs Robinson(Tav)
Erasure-Little Respect
Whigfield-Saturday Night(Arfield) The boss version i posted for Origi seemed to work well!
Ritchie Valans-La Bamba(Bougherra)

Just a few ideas trying to think of a few songs from the recent past like the one for Bougherra. That could really add something aswell.

Its like a gig. A band playing songs that get the crowd right up for it.
That's the whole idea. The original boss as far as I am aware was Jamie Webster playing a wee gig, doing popular songs and it evolved into adding Liverpool songs. Great formula. For example he will sing the original words to Sit down by James then sing Mo Salah for the chorus. Here's one we could do...

The Nights
Avicii
Hey, once upon a younger year
When all our shadows disappeared
The animals inside came out to play
When face to face with all our fears
Learned our lessons through the tears
Made memories we knew would never fade
One day my father—he told me,
Come and see The Rangers play
He took me by the hand, I heard him say,
"We'll go to Ibrox
My son to watch the Rangers play
You never will forget this special day
He said, "One day you'll leave this world behind
So live a life you will remember."
My father told me when I was just a child
These are the nights that never die
My father told me

One thing that absolutely must come of this is a proper song for our captain
I’ve never seen a fullback with stats like his and yet nothing at games it’s a crime

Barcelona ‘72
Glasgow Rangers 9iar

Both would work brilliantly with a slow guitar build up then the crowd bouncing at the oohh oohh bits :D

Ps ‘Singing the blues’ is a shite name for it ;)

If you are looking for a great new song look no further than Higher and Higher written by Ocean Of You- I don't know how to upload but check it out on Spotify and iTunes- sums up our journey back and the boy who wrote it did it with Rangers in mind. I'm certain he would do this live if asked

That what I was thinking, need songs with a faster tempo

One thing that absolutely must come of this is a proper song for our captain
I’ve never seen a fullback with stats like his and yet nothing at games it’s a crime
We literally have no songs for any our players, except that shjt Defoe song, a sing we sang for Tore Andre Flo 18 years ago.

Agree, must be an Irish thing, a lot of their music is either sung by Irish folk singers or songs about Ireland in them. Celtic seems to be celebrated through song and music if thats fair to say? Think the last proper main Rangers songs were out 70's/80's and the supporters have settled with them ever since. Follow Follow, Blue Sea of Ibrox, Every Other Saturday etc.

Any of the past singers we have sound cruise ship or karaoke at best.

Hopefully this event will move us away from that

We literally have no songs for any our players, except that shjt Defoe song, a sing we sang for Tore Andre Flo 18 years ago.

I think it’s down to partly being second best to them. I reckon if we’d won the league you’d hear more songs for players
Doesn’t stop Liverpool mind you. Some of the stuff they’ve come up with is magnificent

Back