The amount of people looking for tickets yesterday.

GEODGC

Official Ticketer
Yesterday is the worst I’ve seen in a long long time. I lost count of the number of times I was asked if I had any spares. I suppose it’s a sign that we are doing well again, but you have to feel sorry for the guys that miss out when they have attended some of the lesser games.

"Happy" (not the right word) to hear this.

Killie and yesterday were the only two games I've not had a ticket for.

Debated whether to head through and chance it.

And countless empty seats in the home sections. It’s a safety hazard when bears are happy to get home end tickets and doing the Scottish game out of much needed money. I don’t buy into the “fck them all” approach. If the Scottish game is poor due to lack of money then we will struggle.

"Happy" (not the right word) to hear this.

Killie and yesterday were the only two games I've not had a ticket for.

Debated whether to head through and chance it.

You made the right choice mate, I never saw a single ticket for sale. A few boys on our bus went through with no tickets and had to watch the game in a boozer.

Felt for the boy who darted up to a guy holding up...cash.
Everyone had a wee laugh ,including the Bear who thought he had found someone selling a ticket.

Last edited:
Yesterday is the worst I’ve seen in a long long time. I lost count of the number of times I was asked if I had any spares. I suppose it’s a sign that we are doing well again, but you have to feel sorry for the guys that miss out when they have attended some of the lesser games.

I knew it would be like that. It was the exact same last time. I went down though and asked at the first 4 buses to arrive. The general response was a laugh as they didn't even have enough for the bus.

And countless empty seats in the home sections. It’s a safety hazard when bears are happy to get home end tickets and doing the Scottish game out of much needed money. I don’t buy into the “fck them all” approach. If the Scottish game is poor due to lack of money then we will struggle.
It also doesn't help when people inisist on standing with their mates regardless of where their tickets are for or worse still doubling up through the turnstile (if this is true what I've read elsewhere).

Something needs done about the away scheme, need to cap it now.

Why? So only people who have been to away games before can ever gat a ticket through the club, are you really suggesting we have season ticket holders who will be second class and not allowed an away Ticket?
I used to go to far more away games but Hearts was the first I’ve had this season due to demand. It is what it is.

I've only St Mirren away in the league nothing else, it's getting out of hand, aye I can't make games due to work commitments but if I get a ticket and can't make games, I can off a supporters club it so they can give it to more people

You can’t cap the scheme, it would basically be a closed shop then.
I seen a few folk complaining online too, saying that people that went when we were in the lower leagues should get priority. Where do you stop with that? I rarely missed a game in the seasons before Souness arrived...should I get priority for that? Or guys that went in the 70’s when we were also gash for long spells?

and yet the back row of the stand behind me had loads of empty seats. I hope this was just because folk didn't fancy the climb and just pushed in to the seats nearer the front. Also i notice Hearts don't sell the individual seats at the edge of the stand anymore

and yet the back row of the stand behind me had loads of empty seats. I hope this was just because folk didn't fancy the climb and just pushed in to the seats nearer the front. Also i notice Hearts don't sell the individual seats at the edge of the stand anymore

There were three sections left empty along the front of the stand.

I noticed that the official attendance was just 17,500 and yet their capacity is 20,000 which is pathetic when they're supposed to be a big club and playing us is their biggest game of the season!

How many tickets did we get?

There’s too many folk that want to go to away games for everyone to get plenty tickets. 12500 on away scheme at last count. We have an insane support, unfortunately away games we need to take what we can get. Semi finals and Finals is where you can ensure those attending home cup games consistently are given priority.

The next away game will be better given the amount of folk over reacting and throwing the towel in yesterday.
Seriously its great that there is such a demand to see the team

I seen a few folk complaining online too, saying that people that went when we were in the lower leagues should get priority. Where do you stop with that? I rarely missed a game in the seasons before Souness arrived...should I get priority for that? Or guys that went in the 70’s when we were also gash for long spells?

Correct. My granny has been going since 1951 and has been through more than one 'bad spell'. I take it she should just be allocated a ticket for every game? Does it make her a better fan, because she happens to be older?

The system needs looked at but, not in this way. Ridiculous suggestion.

Personally, I think they need to categorise away games. Current system means you could quite easily get Hearts, Aberdeen and Hibs whilst someone else gets St Mirren, Hamilton and Livi.

Correct. My granny has been going since 1951 and has been through more than one 'bad spell'. I take it she should just be allocated a ticket for every game? Does it make her a better fan, because she happens to be older?

The system needs looked at but, not in this way. Ridiculous suggestion.

Personally, I think they need to categorise away games. Current system means you could quite easily get Hearts, Aberdeen and Hibs whilst someone else gets St Mirren, Hamilton and Livi.
Your last paragraph isn't true any more.

Scum, Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs are now category A away games, you won't get more than 1 of those on your CCCS till everyone on the scheme gets one. That's now in writing on the website.

Noted that our allocation had been cut in both ends of the lower tier.
Why didn’t Hearts do that for the two adjacent ends their support occupied?
That way they could have sold those few hundred tickets, helped line their own coffers and our own support could have had a bigger allocation.
Scottish football all over I suppose.

Your last paragraph isn't true any more.

Scum, Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs are now category A away games, you won't get more than 1 of those on your CCCS till everyone on the scheme gets one. That's now in writing on the website.

Ah. Didnt realise that mate. Sensible move in that case.

Difficult to see what else the club can do. Demand us just incredible.

That way they could have sold those few hundred tickets, helped line their own coffers and our own support could have had a bigger allocation.
Nail on the head mate..same as Aberdeen cutting our allocation to remove the issues at the dividing fence.They could have left our allocation the same and moved the sheep along their pen,but no they pander to their support to stop them greeting.Worth noting that Hearts put the majority of tickets up to £34 to offset the shortfall.

Plenty are going to get Livi and Hamilton and a lucky few will get Aberdeen over the next few weeks.

Last time I went to tyncastle tickets were scarce! A few of my mates had some then come kick off me and another mate tossed a coin for the one ticket wee managed to get!
I lost:D & went to a boozer near the ground and we got beat !!!!!! Bad day all round

Result of the issues at the Edinburgh Derby last season

Ah. Didnt realise that mate. Sensible move in that case.

Difficult to see what else the club can do. Demand us just incredible.

I only found that out recently too. It can carry on across a couple of seasons, so if you Hearts yesterday it could be into next season before you get another category A ticket.

There’s too many folk that want to go to away games for everyone to get plenty tickets. 12500 on away scheme at last count. We have an insane support, unfortunately away games we need to take what we can get. Semi finals and Finals is where you can ensure those attending home cup games consistently are given priority.

There’s more than that on the away scheme now. I’m sure it is around 15000 at the last count.

The away scheme gets abused as well, I know 1 lad who has 25 season ticket holders signed up to it and he takes all the tickets, his bank account is used and it's his email.

A way round it for me would be to make it a membership scheme, £50 joining fee and do away with the £1 booking fee. It would weed out a few thousand at least imo who are abusing the system.

I don't go to many away games now but a couple of the younger guys came back to the club & they had no joy trying to pick up a ticket.
I was telling them about a cup tie just before Souness took over & we were offered two forgeries for tyncastle, before the all seating came into force, we took them got in no bother but the place was rammed & to compound it we got beat with a late goal.
3-2 to hearts

Don't go, save yer blue pounds for Rangers or a Rangers pub...................................
aOqj3C3.gif

It also doesn't help when people inisist on standing with their mates regardless of where their tickets are for or worse still doubling up through the turnstile (if this is true what I've read elsewhere).

Don't see the problem with the first part, every away game this season I've went and stood with my mates or vice versa. Not had one single person saying to me "that's my seat".

I would qualify twice, great idea.:))

Why? So only people who have been to away games before can ever gat a ticket through the club, are you really suggesting we have season ticket holders who will be second class and not allowed an away Ticket?
I used to go to far more away games but Hearts was the first I’ve had this season due to demand. It is what it is.
Cap it and folk can join when folk leave. Something needs to be done, it’s not fair on those that aren’t part of buses and are seeing their away ticket allocation going down and down

I have never missed a Cup game at Ibrox for decades and never got one for Hearts LC Semi Final, Luck of the draw

Never got a ticket for that and that was me attending all Cup games up until then.

Back