The anger at Pedro's CV

Alfredosforeheed

There are more than a few on here shouting for PC's head and questioning the process behind his appointment.

Wether he is a success in time remains to be seen, but I think questioning his appointment is nonsense.
Attracting players and managers is challenging. Established managers with pedigree and impressive CV's are in high demand just as players are. Our model for bringing in quality players is to aim for young players on the rise as a priority. People like Morelos are the very template for what player recruitment needs to be for clubs like us. High perceived potential that's not yet been fully realised.
That's what we have tried with PC, a manager with perceived potential that's not yet been realised.

In your opinion what was on his CV that impressed the interviewers so much that it part convinced them he was the man to ultimately take the club forward in a playing sense?

I think the reason Pedro got the job was because the people conducting the interview didn't do it with football in mind. They just heard some stuff from him that sounded good and the figures looked good. Pedro can and does come across very well at times and clearly isn't a stupid man - however I don't think he's capable of doing anything for Rangers.

So tell me what’s on Pedro’s CV or what background he has that would give anyone tebidea that he’s a potentially great manager?

You don’t take gambles like that after a shambles like Warburton. You just don’t. The truth is Pedro got the gig because his agent is mates with one of our board.

Pedro is a journeyman who hardly stays in any one country never mind club for more than 12-18 months. He was the manager of the 4th best club in Qatar. Even at Santos Laguna he only finished the season in 8th place. He talks about being a winner but his win ratio as a manager prior to coming to Ibrox was only about 40%.

There is nothing about his CV that says ‘this guy is so good we should pay compensation to this Qatari mob, give he and his staff lucrative 3 year contracts AND £8m to spend on Portuguese and Mexican players’. It’s utter madness, as was the decision to sanction the £2.5m signing of a Mexican with a drink problem.

Pedro is a journeyman who hardly stays in any one country never mind club for more than 12-18 months. He was the manager of the 4th best club in Qatar. Even at Santos Laguna he only finished the season in 8th place. He talks about being a winner but his win ratio as a manager prior to coming to Ibrox was only about 40%.

There is nothing about his CV that says ‘this guy is so good we should pay compensation to this Qatari mob, give he and his staff lucrative 3 year contracts AND £8m to spend on Portuguese and Mexican players’. It’s utter madness, as was the decision to sanction the £2.5m signing of a Mexican with a drink problem.
Did he not take his Mexican team to the concaf cup final? And how do you know Pena has a bevy problem? You had a drink with him?

I see people have been questioning his win percentage at previous clubs
I'm not having that

What was pochetino's win percentage at espanyol? Or Southampton ?

Yep, highly impressive. An outstanding pedigree (or of the highest possible calibre according to Robertson :rolleyes: )

Screenshot_2017-10-24_at_14.42.59_-_Edited.png

Screenshot_2017-10-24_at_14.45.54_-_Edited.png

He has achieved absolutely nothing of note in his career.

His appointment is actually an insult to the support.

Did he not take his Mexican team to the concaf cup final? And how do you know Pena has a bevy problem? You had a drink with him?
I know he blew his career in Mexico because of drink and there’s plenty of stories online of what he got up to. I know there were 2 well respected posters on the old forum who verified that they seen him blootered in Glasgow two nights before the first league game of the season.

His previous club bought him for $8m, then sent him out on loan and sold him for $3.5m just 18 months later. They were desperate to get rid of him. He still looks light years off the pace despite signing 4 months ago and that is disgraceful for a professional footballer, and it’s even worse that Caixinha told us he’d be able to control and get the best out of him and yet he hasn’t.

As for Pedro’s achievements in Mexico, the way the Mexican league works is the top eight finish the season and have a knockout cup competition to see who wins the ‘championship’. Pedro’s team scraped into it by finishing 8th. He signed Herrera for £1.5m and he’s been a glorified benchwarmer just as he was at Santos Laguna (Herrera only started 4 of 27 odd games under Pedro). We could have signed Moult for a third of that fee.

I am still behind Pedro, but I wouldn't have hired him in the first place. In fact, I would have tossed his CV away before interview stage given his lack of any long term employment after 2003 and lack of track record anywhere.

I am still behind Pedro, but I wouldn't have hired him in the first place. In fact, I would have tossed his CV away before interview stage given his lack of any long term employment after 2003 and lack of track record anywhere.

I can see your point but we couldn't afford a bigger name manager, or I would assume or expect that we would have had him.

Unfair to label Pedro a fraud, it’s plain as day he’s not dressed himself to be anything other than his CV suggests- RANK ROTTEN

I can see your point but we couldn't afford a bigger name manager, or I would assume or expect that we would have had him.
If we’d spent buttons in the summer I’d agree with your point but the fact that we paid several hundred grand in compensation, gave Pedro a 3 year deal and over £8m to spend in the summer would suggest we’d have perhaps been better spending some of that money bringing in a manager with a better pedigree.

It's worth remembering that he was also chosen by Jose Mourinho to speak at a coaching conference in Portugal only a few weeks ago, I don't think that would happen unless he was highly rated by a few people.

It wasn't about a name for me, it was making a wise decision. We could have appointed an interim and got the DOF in to oversee hiring a manager. The board chosen to put all their eggs in one basket, and that basket was someone who (like him or not, and I do) had job hopped for years and won nothing. It was a hugely risky decision.

Yep, highly impressive. An outstanding pedigree (or of the highest possible calibre according to Robertson :rolleyes: )

Screenshot_2017-10-24_at_14.42.59_-_Edited.png

Screenshot_2017-10-24_at_14.45.54_-_Edited.png

He has achieved absolutely nothing of note in his career.

His appointment is actually an insult to the support.
Totally agree, whilst the board have done great things for the club the appointment of Pedro has been a massive mistake. The whole circus of stating a DOF will be appointed first to then going back on that and appointment Pedro as manager first was amateur at best. I see absolutely nothing that would suggest Pedro was the best option to take us forward in fact it's been one embarrassment after another not to mention his video congratulating Celtic winning the league.

I know he blew his career in Mexico because of drink and there’s plenty of stories online of what he got up to. I know there were 2 well respected posters on the old forum who verified that they seen him blootered in Glasgow two nights before the first league game of the season.

His previous club bought him for $8m, then sent him out on loan and sold him for $3.5m just 18 months later. They were desperate to get rid of him. He still looks light years off the pace despite signing 4 months ago and that is disgraceful for a professional footballer, and it’s even worse that Caixinha told us he’d be able to control and get the best out of him and yet he hasn’t.

As for Pedro’s achievements in Mexico, the way the Mexican league works is the top eight finish the season and have a knockout cup competition to see who wins the ‘championship’. Pedro’s team scraped into it by finishing 8th. He signed Herrera for £1.5m and he’s been a glorified benchwarmer just as he was at Santos Laguna (Herrera only started 4 of 27 odd games under Pedro). We could have signed Moult for a third of that fee.

I genuinely didn't realise he'd started so few times for Caixnha at Santos Laguna, what in the name of %^*& possessed him to buy a player that he didn't even deem good enough to start in his country far less drag him over the Atlantic ?

Im still backing Pedro but I wonder how he knew about Dorrans and Jack. Can't imagine he'd even heard of them before he came to Ibrox.

It's worth remembering that he was also chosen by Jose Mourinho to speak at a coaching conference in Portugal only a few weeks ago, I don't think that would happen unless he was highly rated by a few people.

Talking about football and actually acting out the things you say is completely different.

I genuinely didn't realise he'd started so few times for Caixnha at Santos Laguna, what in the name of %^*& possessed him to buy a player that he didn't even deem good enough to start in his country far less drag him over the Atlantic ?
It’s extremely easy to find these things out (such as Pena’s drink-related antics and just how little Herrera actually played at Santos Laguna), and plenty of posters expressed concern during the summer on that transfer speculation thread. If fans can find these things out about these two players then you’d like to think the board would also have been able to as well prior to forking out £4m. It’s absolute madness and it smacks of arrogance from Pedro that he signed these players rather than proven, cheaper options i.e. Louis Moult.

There are more than a few on here shouting for PC's head and questioning the process behind his appointment.

Wether he is a success in time remains to be seen, but I think questioning his appointment is nonsense.
Attracting players and managers is challenging. Established managers with pedigree and impressive CV's are in high demand just as players are. Our model for bringing in quality players is to aim for young players on the rise as a priority. People like Morelos are the very template for what player recruitment needs to be for clubs like us. High perceived potential that's not yet been fully realised.
That's what we have tried with PC, a manager with perceived potential that's not yet been realised.

Too sensible mate.

Every great manager starts off a gamble for most clubs, and especially us at the moment.

Managers with CV's that announce a successful record in the game at the highest levels, are going to clubs in big countries in Europe and getting huge incomes that are now out of our budget.

We are looking for a manager on the way up to that level.
No different to the signing of Morelos, a player hopefully on the way to becoming an international class striker.

This forum is full of lunatics, who cannot hold their water when things get tasty.

As for Pedro's presser, whatever you think of him, he comes across like a man who actually can hold his water.

He deserves more time.
I hope he is given it.

Talking about football and actually acting out the things you say is completely different.
Crikey. I can talk about good game of football. Don't mean i can put it to good effect. Still. Gotta realise fellow Bears and Bearettes. Can't afford to get rid of him. Nae dosh. King's to blame for this. In the meantime. KEEP THE FAITH. W.A.T.P.

When,we appointed him I did look up you tube what I found scared me... likes a fight on the touchline .. sometimes with his own players... seems a nice guy but ivwca feeling hees a bully.. even his assistant tried to calm him down on sat... his cv in every country isnt what we want... when he eventually leaves us he wont be in any kind of good league of a decent size club

Im still backing Pedro but I wonder how he knew about Dorrans and Jack. Can't imagine he'd even heard of them before he came to Ibrox.

Jack signed a pre-contract while Warburton was here. As for Dorrans, it's not as if he'd have to go on some extensive scouting mission to identify him, people at the club would've been well aware he was available and pointed him out.

Jack signed a pre-contract while Warburton was here. As for Dorrans, it's not as if he'd have to go on some extensive scouting mission to identify him, people at the club would've been well aware he was available and pointed him out.

What Im really getting at is they weren't Pedro's signings. Apparently Naismith's name came up and Moult's but he said no.

Im not in the know at all but I get the impression he was signing players on the advice of others.

Just to be clear Im not saying this is a bad thing but its interesting to compare Pedro's men with those suggested by others.

Too sensible mate.

Every great manager starts off a gamble for most clubs, and especially us at the moment.

Managers with CV's that announce a successful record in the game at the highest levels, are going to clubs in big countries in Europe and getting huge incomes that are now out of our budget.

We are looking for a manager on the way up to that level.
No different to the signing of Morelos, a player hopefully on the way to becoming an international class striker.

This forum is full of lunatics, who cannot hold their water when things get tasty.

As for Pedro's presser, whatever you think of him, he comes across like a man who actually can hold his water.

He deserves more time.
I hope he is given it.
What makes you think that pedro was a manager on the way up.

He left them hovering above the relegation zone. If he wasn't our ex-manager, the old board would have been in meltdown
Like i said mate tougher league than scotland .also need to remember tha everton sold players behind smiths back and he also didn,t get the founds he was promised.

Like i said mate tougher league than scotland .also need to remember tha everton sold players behind smiths back and he also didn,t get the founds he was promised.
True, but is anyone looking that closely as Pedro's CV? We don't know the problems he's been facing

Just so it's clear, a "journeyman" is not someone who moves around a lot. It's someone who's competent at their job but no more than that.

Pedro has to be given more time and I expect he will be. However, if we don't get a win tomorrow (and obviously I hope we do), the pressure on him will increase massively.

Just so it's clear, a "journeyman" is not someone who moves around a lot. It's someone who's competent at their job but no more than that.

Pedro has to be given more time and I expect he will be. However, if we don't get a win tomorrow (and obviously I hope we do), the pressure on him will increase massively.
Why do you feel he should be given more time.it seems obvious that the job is to big for him . Good managers should be able to win 3 games on the trot.

Morelos was firing in goals in the Finnish league and early Europa rounds. That indicates potential.

Sitting 4th in the Qatari league with a background of little note, that doesn't indicate potential.

Caixinha's CV reads like that of a Hearts manager under Romanov.

Why do you feel he should be given more time.it seems obvious that the job is to big for him . Good managers should be able to win 3 games on the trot.

It might seem obvious to you but the club has invested a good deal of money and time in him. We had good wins in the two games before the Motherwell defeat so let's not react on the back of that loss. It might not take too much more for him to go but let's hold our nerve a little longer.

I'm not in the Pedro out camp just yet. Having been appointed he needs to be given time. However,I can't help but think we made the wrong appointment last year. What did Pedro have in his CV that attracted us? I can see nothing that says he had it in him to be Rangers manager. It's not a normal job under any circumstance.
He's here now and deserves our support for a while longer.

The willingness of some on this forum to accept mediocrity is quite astounding. PC has no discernible pedigree and no track record of sustained success. Every real test he has had he has failed miserably. I’m unsure what people see in him that warrants more time?

Are the people who want to rip into Pedros CV the same fans who foam over wanting McInnes as the next manager because his CV isn't exactly great either if your looking at achievements, 1st division league winner and league cup winner.

So tell me what’s on Pedro’s CV or what background he has that would give anyone tebidea that he’s a potentially great manager?

You don’t take gambles like that after a shambles like Warburton. You just don’t. The truth is Pedro got the gig because his agent is mates with one of our board.

I think Mendes’ recommendation probably had a lot to do with the final decision, but I also think that was in part because the shortlist hardly comprised a stellar cast.

When the alternatives were Davies, McLeish, Gary Rowett and Alex Neil, I can almost understand why an impassioned Portuguese guy heavily touted by an ex player might have appeared more attractive than it actually was.

We really need to attract a better standard of candidate when we spin the merry-go-round again.

Back