The Argyle House Restaurant

just looked it up, i last went here in 2005. Cannot remember what we won that year but it was towards the end of the season, me and the (at the time) fiancee went. I posted a review on the old board.
here it is

I went in to the restaurant with my fiancée last night and thought I would share my thoughts.

The evening got off to a poor start when we entered the building as instead of a smartly dressed doorman/woman , we were confronted by two rock steady guys complete with hi – vis jackets! They turned out to be polite enough and directed us to the lift etc.

When you enter the actual restaurant you are greeted at the door by the head waitress (you would!) who directs you to your table. We were lucky enough to have a private box exactly on the half way line. What a view! It is a bit spooky looking out and seeing a completely empty stadium but it is still smart, the fiancée was well impressed. There is even a switch which controls the volume of the crowd outside!

We were quickly tended to by our waitress who was very polite and took our drink order. Most of the popular bottled beers are served with Carling on tap (NO STELLA-Bugger). The wine list ranges from £10.00 to £32.00 . I am not a wine person myself but this seemed like a fair enough range.

Both of us had chicken liver pate with melba toast to start. It was well presented and tasted as good as it looked.

After another drink we both ordered the 8oz steak. The menu did not specify the accompaniments (?) but it turns out that you get chips onion rings a grilled tomatoe with a green leaf of some sort in the middle and a mushroom that looks like it was on steroids! It was huge. I do not recall the name of the sauce but the whole meal was excellent.

After a couple more drinks I went to pay the bill. As I chatted to the waitress she told me that wed/thurs is very quiet but you need to book well in advance for fri/sat .

As we headed to door a smartly dressed guy wished us good night and held the door for us.

It was a cracking wee night to end a superb week for this bear and I would advise you to go along if possible.

Was in on Friday when I was up renewing our tickets. Service is always great and the food was decent too. Would encourage more people to use it.

Was also the first time we've taken the wee man to Ibrox..... who wouldn't want to have lunch with a view like this?

35koadk.jpg

I’ve raised this several times with the club. Terribly under advertised !. But it’s a smashing restaurant and very reasonably priced and in the best location of them all

Not been in a long time. An ex gf organised lunch there for me for my 18th birthday, maître d asked why we were there in conversation and gave me a cigar in a Rangers box as it was an occasion, which is still up in my folks house.

Not sure if they done it all the time, but I was well chuffed and the food was good too.

I use it fairly regularly for lunch and the service and food is always top drawer and good value. Very rarely busy though.....horribly under-utilised.

Never been what's the opening times,Not in Glasgow apart from going to games over an hour drive but might make a effort for something special.

I was in there in March absolutely brilliant the meal, service, reasonable prices and the view of the stadium was well worth it - will certainly be doing this again and will encourage others to give it a try.

Was the first place I ever got melon, in the form of melon balls, with prawn cocktail.

Absolutely stunning food.

Now all my prawn cocktails have melon.

Thanks Rangers :)

just looked it up, i last went here in 2005. Cannot remember what we won that year but it was towards the end of the season, me and the (at the time) fiancee went. I posted a review on the old board.
here it is

I went in to the restaurant with my fiancée last night and thought I would share my thoughts.

The evening got off to a poor start when we entered the building as instead of a smartly dressed doorman/woman , we were confronted by two rock steady guys complete with hi – vis jackets! They turned out to be polite enough and directed us to the lift etc.

When you enter the actual restaurant you are greeted at the door by the head waitress (you would!) who directs you to your table. We were lucky enough to have a private box exactly on the half way line. What a view! It is a bit spooky looking out and seeing a completely empty stadium but it is still smart, the fiancée was well impressed. There is even a switch which controls the volume of the crowd outside!

We were quickly tended to by our waitress who was very polite and took our drink order. Most of the popular bottled beers are served with Carling on tap (NO STELLA-Bugger). The wine list ranges from £10.00 to £32.00 . I am not a wine person myself but this seemed like a fair enough range.

Both of us had chicken liver pate with melba toast to start. It was well presented and tasted as good as it looked.

After another drink we both ordered the 8oz steak. The menu did not specify the accompaniments (?) but it turns out that you get chips onion rings a grilled tomatoe with a green leaf of some sort in the middle and a mushroom that looks like it was on steroids! It was huge. I do not recall the name of the sauce but the whole meal was excellent.

After a couple more drinks I went to pay the bill. As I chatted to the waitress she told me that wed/thurs is very quiet but you need to book well in advance for fri/sat .

As we headed to door a smartly dressed guy wished us good night and held the door for us.

It was a cracking wee night to end a superb week for this bear and I would advise you to go along if possible.
You maybe should go back since it was 13 years ago ha ha

I used to entertain clients there all the time and was never let down, the whole experience is first class from the service, the food and of course the views.
The club really should promote this restaurant more as it's a great facility that's grossly under utilised.
It's perfect for any Bears looking for casual dining or a special occasion.

My ex booked it for my birthday few years ago.

Lovely summer night looking onto the pitch, great food & service.

here it is

Bla bla bla bla.

Did you get your Nat King. That’s what the bears want to know :D

Just back from here, fabulous food, great service, great value & great view

horrendously under-used

Give it a go bears - you'll love it

Agree, the wife, my stepson and i visited here last August and thoroughly enjoyed the experience, great food, service and obviously the amazing view.

Been in a few times always been good.. nice if you can get a booth overlooking the pitch...

Been to a few hospitality matches over the years,but booked it for lunch a few weeks ago to celebrate a family member's milestone birthday.
Managed to get the booth directly opposite the door you come in.Superb value,Four two course meals with x2 soft drinks each,bill came to £80.

Its excellent. Even a non fitba mate of mine comes with us, just for the experience and food.

The fact you can help yourself to steak pie at the carvery is magic

Got married at Ibrox and been back to the restaurant several times. Can't fault the food, service and if you book a booth it's tremendous.

All the info...

https://rangers.co.uk/club/Ibrox/restaurant/opening-hours-contact-us/

It is a great place,lovely food,good service and prices,book a table overlooking the pitch...brilliant for
family occasions.

We always book in advance with plenty of time to be assured of getting a booth .Big demand at times . Missed out once when left it too late .

Last edited:
Just booked in for Fathers Day lunch, unfortunately no tables left overlooking the pitch.

However, can only endorse what everyone else has commented on above, great food, great service. Would definetely recommend.

Back