The art of tackling

Galstonian Oranje

Official Ticketer
Has this been coached out of us?

We seem so reluctant to make a tackle or even compete for a ball.

Not just today, we seem to be second to most contests and allow ourselves to be bullied all over the park

Has this been coached out of us?

We seem so reluctant to make a tackle or even compete for a ball.

Not just today, we seem to be second to most contests and allow ourselves to be bullied all over the park
I said in the match thread, I don’t think it’s “tackling” as such. We win 50/50s. But we do lose far too challenges from balls down the middle where our player is the favourite to win it, but instead of acting decisively and clearing it they hesitate to look around or try to be “clever” with the ball.

Today’s goals are cases in point. 1st one: Katic simply attacks it with his head and it goes out for a thrown in a safe part of the pitch; instead he tries to play it, under pressure and on a poor pitch - and he doesn’t have the technique in any event . 2nd one: either Goldson or Katic just take command and clear our lines; instead they kind of leave it to each other, before panicking and making half hearted efforts that just get in the others way. Leads to the corner that leads to the goal.

I made a point about this midweek. Like watching someone dipping their toe into a bath to see how hot/cold the water is. Get that foot Fecked right in and find out ya shower of wee lassies!!

its cowardice and lack of desire to win

look at arfield's attempt to tackle that Braga player the other night that scored their first

just went through him as though he wasn't there

Back