The Athletic - report on last night's comedy gold at Torbett Towers

Stop being so sensitive ffs.

Since Rangers were Rangers, in that context, reads to me like since Rangers were consistently winning and competing for major honours!

Hi lads,

Jordan here who covers Rangers for The Athletic.

A few mates flagged this thread up to me, so thought I'd jump in to explain.

It wasn't Kieran, the Celtic writer, who wrote the phrase as it wasn't his article. The editorial team down in London are really good and put out a brief couple of hundred words to introduce each story in the morning email. They were trying to refer to when Rangers were a dominant force but obviously didn't take into account how it would be read up here.

I've let them know about it. Apologies for that.

Hopefully those of you who have signed up are enjoying it otherwise.

Cheers!

A few people seem in a rush to be offended at anything. I personally read that comment as a positive. We've been a shadow of ourselves for the last few years, and Stevie G has made us Rangers again.
Me too,I never read it as a dig,more an observation that its the Rangers of pre 2012 rather than the one cobbled together after getting shafted.

I am reliably informed that said piece - and reference - was not written by some demented Yahoo and was in fact part of the morning editorial.

As such - and believe me the matter has been flagged - I believe we can let this slide for the moment.

A few people seem in a rush to be offended at anything. I personally read that comment as a positive. We've been a shadow of ourselves for the last few years, and Stevie G has made us Rangers again.
Same here,that was my take on it.

I’ve really enjoyed the Athletic so far and I highly doubt they’d be giving it Full Sevco. It’s just not their style in any of the dozens of articles I’ve read.

They have just put up an article about last nights hilarities that doesn't mention Rangers at all - It is very critical of Brown, Lennon and the recruitment over at the piggery.

Can someone copy in the text of the article about FCM's kitman being a mad Gerrard fan? I'm reluctant to sign up for anything with the word 'journalists' in the description.

Hi lads,

It wasn't Kieran, the Celtic writer, who wrote the phrase as it wasn't his article. The editorial team down in London are really good and put out a brief couple of hundred words to introduce each story in the morning email. They were trying to refer to when Rangers were a dominant force but obviously didn't take into account how it would be read up here.

Cheers!

Keep it up Jordan, your articles have been a breath of fresh air and the Athletic on the whole I have found to be exactly what has been missing in the press in this country.

Your articles on Rangers alone is worth the £30 for the year, then on top of that there is so much other football content and for anyone interested in American sports its all there too.

Can someone copy in the text of the article about FCM's kitman being a mad Gerrard fan? I'm reluctant to sign up for anything with the word 'journalists' in the description.

It's a fantastic wee article that really made me smile whilst reading it. Not just for the story, but that our manager has this impact on people around the world and how lucky we are to have him. The (small) selection of stuff I've read so far is miles above the absolute garbage the red tops serve here, and they should be very worried. I'm definitely subscribing.

Hi lads,

Cheers!
Thanks for posting. As I said in an earlier post on this thread I signed up last week and think The Athletic is brilliant Hope it is a success!

Back