The Athletic

BigSteve

I remember last year discounted rates were going about for this.

Are there any now?

And is the general consensus still that it's worth the purchase?

Are there any now?

I thought I would use it alot but I don't really it's better than buying newspapers but that's it

Are there any now?

Various codes kicking around, best googling to get better one. Tifo podcast on Spotify/Athleyic has a code

Are there any now?

I’ve still really enjoyed it and during the lockdown a lot of articles have moved into long reads and insight articles rather than just reactions to recent games etc

heres a free 30 day guest pass you can use to trial it.

It’s quite good but I’ve not really used it since I have stopped commuting and since football has stopped.

Went to cancel it on the app and they extended by subscription by three months

Are there any now?

it’s not worth it if you just want the Rangers content, as great as it is there are usually only 2/3 articles per week, if you like long reads on football in general though it's great and it’s especially great if you like US sports as there are plenty of articles on those.

Its alright. I got the half price deal but not sure its worth more than that, especially while theres no sign of any sports restarting.

Got my second 90 days free code so signed up again their coverage of american football is very good as are the Rangers articles not sure its worth the subscription though

Depends on what your looking for, if it's just rangers articles then only a few a week, but overall British and European coverage is decent and well researched and written. I like NFL so I really appreciate the coverage of it, especially as you can select your team and get articles highlighted on them in particular.

I have a 30 day trial code if you want it.

IMO, the cost is good value as you get proper football writing, no clickbait, nonsense or tabloid crap.

I'm a subscriber and I think it is worth it (although with no sport on at the moment, its maybe not the right time to start a subscription).

That said, I read two articles earlier this morning, one on the options for England's national goalkeeper and another on the competition to be Brazil's no. 9. Really good quality stuff.

It's not been great for Rangers news since the lockdown. Which isn't surprising really as most reports are by one guy and all match reports or player stories.
As said above it has still been good for the American Football. Been getting links to every Buffalo article emailed to me which has been good.

Are the MSM running scared of The Athletic?

"That little exchange, I would proffer, reveals more about the relationship between two of Argentina’s greatest strikers than any number of heatmaps, thinkpieces or 8,000-word interviews with their cousins on the Athletic."

As above I've barely used it since the football and my commute stopped. But before I was using it a lot for the EPL and golf in particular as well as the pieces on us. Would have definitely said I was getting my money's worth.

Got it half price and renewal isn't until October so will see what the situation is then.

I’ve still really enjoyed it and during the lockdown a lot of articles have moved into long reads and insight articles rather than just reactions to recent games etc

heres a free 30 day guest pass you can use to trial it.

Cheers for this.

I've just signed up and it's articles are really informative. I've just read two crackers. Jesper Blomqvist and Bridcutt articles.

Is it worth £60 a year? Probably.

I've been a member for about three/four months and I believe it is well worth it.

Depends on how much you want to consume though and the time you have I guess.

I'll definitely be continuing my subscription.

To give a flavour the last few articles I read were about David Bentley's career, the Man Utd intruder guy Karl Power, Ronaldinho versus Real Madrid in 2005, tactical analysis of Alphonso Davies of Bayern Munich and a story about a match fixing game in 1915 between Liverpool and Man United!

That's without even considering Jordan Campbell's brilliant coverage of Rangers.

Cheers for this.

I've just signed up and it's articles are really informative. I've just read two crackers. Jesper Blomqvist and Bridcutt articles.

Is it worth £60 a year? Probably.

no worries. I think probably a bit expensive at £60 but I’d be confident you’d find an offer available for money off etc towards the end of the trial mate.

Back