The Athletic

Thewandofpedro

Does anyone subscribe to this?

I see they are doing a half price offer and wondered if anyone subscribing thought it was/wasn’t worth it.

Yeah mate, it's absolutely worth the money. I check it once a week to read through 4/5 stories at a time, the writing is quality. The rangers stuff is all by a good bear, totally worth the money.

The article detailing Alfie is probably the stand out article, also one with Defoe analysing his goals is superb.

What’s the coverage like of other sports?

Club Rugby, Pro Cycling?

my other two sports I follow

It’s pretty good value at half price.

Football coverage is great. Rangers have a dedicated writer as do most top English sides.

The US sports coverage though is something else. If you are into baseball, nfl, nba etc there is an absurd amount of quality content

A mate who was a subscriber gave me a code for 1 month free trial. Jordans' Rangers articles are all excellent, well written and researched, and go into loads of detail. He seems to have good contacts/access within the club. They offer proper analysis rather than the rubbish sensationalist click bait the MSM offer up.

At the end of the trial, I didn't subscribe straight away but then got offered a half price offer subscription (£30 instead of £60) and went for it.

I would say it's well worth it for the Rangers articles alone, however if you also have interest in other clubs, the Premiership, Bundesliga, Serie A and La Liga then I find those articles excellent too. You come away from every article having learned something.

Another small point is they offer the Totally Football Show and Zonal Marking podcasts without any adverts. I listened to those before anyway but always had to fast forward the ads so its a small bonus.

Jordon told the truth about some idiots that nearly got the club into trouble is what you really mean.
Not nearly, the rights and wrongs of it are another matter but we had an away fan ban from UEFA and then decided on a self imposed ban for travelling support for a 2nd game. Fair play to him for reporting it and I'm sure even then it was more balanced than the Records opinion

A mate who was a subscriber gave me a code for 1 month free trial. Jordans' Rangers articles are all excellent, well written and researched, and go into loads of detail. He seems to have good contacts/access within the club. They offer proper analysis rather than the rubbish sensationalist click bait the MSM offer up.

At the end of the trial, I didn't subscribe straight away but then got offered a half price offer subscription (£30 instead of £60) and went for it.

I would say it's well worth it for the Rangers articles alone, however if you also have interest in other clubs, the Premiership, Bundesliga, Serie A and La Liga then I find those articles excellent too. You come away from every article having learned something.

Another small point is they offer the Totally Football Show and Zonal Marking podcasts without any adverts. I listened to those before anyway but always had to fast forward the ads so its a small bonus.

I really like the Zonal Marking pod but I'm convinced Michael Cox secretly wants to tell Ali Maxwell to fúck off every time he starts his cheesy patter.

I see they are doing a half price offer and wondered if anyone subscribing thought it was/wasn’t worth it.
I have just subscribed there, and read the latest article and it is properly researched and very interesting, cost me 2.99 per month instead of a fiver.

Paid 24 quid for my first year but reasonably happy paying 60 to renew given the breadth and quality of the writing. Noticeably different to anything you will read in the papers.

It's exceptional value imo.

I paid £24 or whatever it was for first year, I'd happily pay £60 odd and not feel hard done by.

Jordan's articles on Rangers are always high quality and the writing elsewhere is also brilliant. A welcome change to some of the drivel you see.

I think Jordan is a talented man and very fair.

I subscribed last year to the Athletic, its football coverage is better than the MSM. My son uses it more now for its NFL coverage.

There was an article in a recent issue of Private Eye saying that it was struggling in the States due to low subscription numbers.

Great value lots of very good content over and above excellent coverage of Rangers. I have had a subscription for coming up for a year and it's been worth every bit of it. Good well written intelligent articles.

What’s the coverage like of other sports?

Club Rugby, Pro Cycling?

my other two sports I follow

Not seen either mate. It is a US company so their coverage of all US sports including college games is vast. Aside the US sports, and football they cover Boxing, Motor Sports, Mixed Martial Arts, and Golf.

It is worth it for the football alone.

Not seen either mate. It is a US company so their coverage of all US sports including college games is vast. Aside the US sports, and football they cover Boxing, Motor Sports, Mixed Martial Arts, and Golf.

It is worth it for the football alone.
Cheers thanks for the reply

The writing is great and being able to personalise the teams across multiple sports (I follow the NFL as well) you want to hear about is great. There was a link on here for a 6 month trial for £3 which I took up and been well worth it.

Subscribed for half price but by the looks of things I’m in the minority. 60 quid is too much for what you get top of other fan media. The writing is top quality but for me factoring it in with all the other subscription based media it’s one too far.

It’s excellent. Subscribe for Jordan Campbell alone but plenty of good writers on it. Worlds away from the wretched slop served Up by Scottish football journos.

Jordon told the truth about some idiots that nearly got the club into trouble is what you really mean.

He could have caused us to have a game played behind closed doors.
I heard it, you heard it. If he is a Rangers supporter he should have shut the %^*& up and spoke to the club on the quite.
He highlighted the idiots and that was wrong.

He could have caused us to have a game played behind closed doors.
I heard it, you heard it. If he is a Rangers supporter he should have shut the %^*& up and spoke to the club on the quite.
He highlighted the idiots and that was wrong.
We need zero tolerance for sectarian songs, not a “shut up and keep it hush” approach that many slaughter Celtic for.

Moronic is an understatement. But he tweeted it as it was being sung.
I’m sorry, but he shouldn’t have done that . He played to the gallery .

I see where you’re coming from but I don’t think there was any intention in getting Rangers in trouble. Many Rangers fans are frustrated at the idiotic songbook at times and he was sharing that frustration as a fan.

If memory serves there was a video posted on social media and he was commenting on that after the game.

Back