The atmosphere. When good its ridiculously good

Professor Yaffle

Official Ticketer
European games like last night and games v the scum the place is rocking and everyone loves it. It's amazing to be part of and the noise probably helped the team too.

Run of the mill league games its probably 90% the same folk, often on as much if not more swally and the place is like a library. The union bears do their bit but very few join in. Then folk go home and moan about the atmosphere despite loving it so much in the big games.

It's a strange one. When we score even v dross the place goes mental then nothing. It goes down to a few hundred in the corner singing.

There is no better sight and sound when the full stadium is involved and bouncing and the singing starts anywhere in the stadium like last night near the end.

Not sure what the answer is but it would be amazing if the fans showed their passion during most home games as away games seems not bad most of the time.

Its like we are different people watching some games compared to the likes of last night

Last edited:
European games like last night and games v the scum the place is rocking and everyone loves it. It's amazing to be part of and the noise probably helped the team too.

Run of the mill league games its probably 90% the same folk, often on as much if not more swally and the place is like a library. The union bears do their bit but very few join in. Then folk go home and moan about the atmosphere despite loving it so much in the big games.

It's a strange one. When we score even v dross the place goes mental then nothing. It goes down to a few hundred in the corner singing.

There is no better sight and sound when the full stadium is involved an bouncing and the singing starts anywhere in the stadium like last night near the end.

Not sure what the answer is but it would be amazing if the fans showed their passion during most home games as away gsmes seems not bad most of the time.

Its like we are different people watching some games compared to the likes of last night

I sit in the CF. The sight of The Broomie going full tilt with the Bouncy is something I've not seen for a long time. Fantastic to see. Those thinking it makes no difference to the team or opposition, you could actually see them wilting a little bit, particularly after the equaliser. They were completely rattled and our boys had the extra yard.

I sit in the CF. The sight of The Broomie going full tilt with the Bouncy is something I've not seen for a long time. Fantastic to see. Those thinking it makes no difference to the team or opposition, you could actually see them wilting a little bit, particularly after the equaliser. They were completely rattled and our boys had the extra yard.

To be fair, the Broomie is way ahead of the Copland for atmosphere.
Sad to say but it’s been like that for decades now, must have stopped after I moved location. :))

Sad to say but it’s been like that for decades now, must have stopped after I moved location. :))
In terms of atmosphere. The Main Stand, and the Govan are far better than the Copland Road stand.

Back in the formation of the new stadium in the late 70s the Copland was the main place to be for atmosphere

Hate to say it but atmosphere outside the UB was grim last night for a good chunk of the match. Understandable of course given how we were in the first half, but it’s a bit frustrating knowing the players have to life us and not the other way round. Thank God for the UB.

Because the games are shit and generally only one team has any intention of attacking.

The crowd reacts to what's happening on the park. Always has and always will.

There is no better sight and sound when the full stadium is involved an bouncing and the singing starts anywhere in the stadium like last night near the end.

Not sure what the answer is but it would be amazing if the fans showed their passion during most home games as away gsmes seems not bad most of the time.

Say it time and again, this team thrive off of us. Why we dont back them more at run of the mill games, the expectancy to win? I think we lost that right 8 years ago,time to get it back.
One thing it did show last night, this team do have balls after all .

Don’t get the safe standing bullshit. I don’t see how standing up will cause more people to sing and create the atmosphere. Half the battle is having a challenge on the park and in the away end. Typically there’s no challenge on the park and about 50 fans in the away end.

Don't mention the fact the support is better on European nights.

FF accepted wisdom is that its drunken neds who go on European nights and get the club into trouble.

All that singing and making a racket often doesn't go down well with the tired, cynical, soor faced people for whom attending Ibrox is a chore to be endured.

The atmosphere at Ibrox is pure emotion and ebbs and flows with what's happening on the pitch.

As a result we get unbelievable spinetingling highs when the entire ground is rocking, but we also get lows unfortunately.

It's not unique to Ibrox, but we do have more than our fair share of moaners who are simply never happy.

We'd a Liverpool and a Swindon Town fan sitting behind us last night and they were both on their feet, like the rest of us, going mental in the last 20 minutes.

It was the first time either of them had ever been to Ibrox.

Both said they'd never experienced an atmosphere anything like it.

Hate to say it but atmosphere outside the UB was grim last night for a good chunk of the match. Understandable of course given how we were in the first half, but it’s a bit frustrating knowing the players have to life us and not the other way round. Thank God for the UB.
Got to disagree my friend. I was in Copland last night and whilst there were groans at our sloppy play there was never a time when I felt fans gave in. May not have sung for 90mins but loads of encouragement given to players.

We'd a Liverpool and a Swindon Town fan sitting behind us last night and they were both on their feet, like the rest of us, going mental in the last 20 minutes.

It was the first time either of them had ever been to Ibrox.

Both said they'd never experienced an atmosphere anything like it.

We had a fan on here questioning how a youtuber and his dad got tickets, now a Liverpool and Swindon fan with ticket.
Just goes to show if you want one you’ll get one, therefore stop moaning and try harder. ;)

We had a fan on here questioning how a youtuber and his dad got tickets, now a Liverpool and Swindon fan with ticket.
Just goes to show if you want one you’ll get one, therefore stop moaning and try harder. ;)

There was a public sale of around 10k worth of tickets not taken up by season ticket holders mate.

We have one of the best and one of the worst supports I've ever heard.
The positive noise that comes from our support is phenomenal.
The negative noise from our support is also phenomenal.

16 mins in last night and the crowd were on the players backs and continued to be on their backs till we scored. Including booing at the halftime whistle.

I have never heard a support be so negative towards their team as ours.

It never used to be like this that is for sure. Yes, you got and will always have the odd moaning git but now the majority of the crowd are at it.

The players must struggle with this.

There is no better sight and sound when the full stadium is involved and bouncing and the singing starts anywhere in the stadium like last night near the end.

Not sure what the answer is but it would be amazing if the fans showed their passion during most home games as away games seems not bad most of the time.

Still can't speak PP, my voice is shot mate. Atmosphere was superb last night and everyone stayed and played a big part in it. I really wish it could be like that during every game.

Big Euro nights at Ibrox are brilliant when we get right behind the team and I honestly think we played a huge part on getting the result, 2 nil down to win the way we did was fantastic.

Btw Hagi is the man.

Personally, I think it’s down to playing the same teams between 3-7 times a season, teams who come not to play football but spoil it.
Regardless of last nights result we actually saw a football match. Thank goodness!
Compere the turgid event Vs Aberdoom a couple of weeks ago. Would get the game stopped.
The TV coverage does not clearly show the crap spoiling tactics and time wasting. Even live TV games.
The keeper starts his cycle of faffing the camera's cut to a different view and it becomes less obvious.

I have always believed the onus is on the players to get the support going. If you dont believe that then just look at last night. The team stepped up and Ibrox was rocking. One feeds the other. I doubt them Braga players have ever seen the like. I thought the support stuck with the team really well especially after the first 60 mins. The last half hour was magnificent. The support and the team came together and it was truly awesome.

Still can't speak PP, my voice is shot mate. Atmosphere was superb last night and everyone stayed and played a big part in it. I really wish it could be like that during every game.

Big Euro nights at Ibrox are brilliant when we get right behind the team and I honestly think we played a huge part on getting the result, 2 nil down to win the way we did was fantastic.

Btw Hagi is the man.

Both Owen Hargreaves and Martin Keown pretty much said exactly the same as you mate.

They thought the support carried the team over the line.

No Eastern European ultra pish, just proper football fans reacting to what's actually happening on the park.

When our support are in that mood then there's nobody to touch us.

Both Owen Hargreaves and Martin Keown pretty much said exactly the same as you mate.

They thought the support carried the team over the line.

No Eastern European ultra pish, just proper football fans reacting to what's actually happening on the park.

When our support are in that mood then there's nobody to touch us.

Twelfth man for sure mate. What a night.

Aye no complaints there mate. I've sat there since the late 80's and it used to be really good. Pretty quiet these days and a LOT of moaning, although my section did stand for the full game last night which was decent.

We have one of the best and one of the worst supports I've ever heard.
The positive noise that comes from our support is phenomenal.
The negative noise from our support is also phenomenal.

16 mins in last night and the crowd were on the players backs and continued to be on their backs till we scored. Including booing at the halftime whistle.

I have never heard a support be so negative towards their team as ours.

It never used to be like this that is for sure. Yes, you got and will always have the odd moaning git but now the majority of the crowd are at it.

The players must struggle with this.
I've been going to Ibrox for around 50 years and every game I can recall where we were loosing at HT guaranteed booing as did probably draws.
I've long held the opinion that many of our 'fans' either don't really understand football or only 'watch' results. Or perhaps just inebriated?
A couple of months ago last nights HT score would have seen less booing but some grumbles however being poor over the last weeks then the boo & bitch crowd were more than primed.

If your a H&H subscriber then listen to todays update please.

Personally I never boo the blue and never leave until the last whistle.

What a picture, deflated by the famous Ibrox atmosphere
13-CA00-CB-5836-4145-B6-AD-2-CB109-D3-EAB6.jpg

Great post PP.

I don’t think bears realise the potential we have to influence the result.

Last night as soon as our first went in we lifted our players & their players shat it.

We must support the team more like we did last night & we will get our reward.

I’m usually critical of Ibrox & the atmosphere, even when folk pretend its always rocking in big games.

But last night was really, really good. Thanks to the Broomy, they kept going even when we were getting beat. The other 3 stands joined in after the first goal right until the very end.

I have always believed the onus is on the players to get the support going. If you dont believe that then just look at last night. The team stepped up and Ibrox was rocking. One feeds the other. I doubt them Braga players have ever seen the like. I thought the support stuck with the team really well especially after the first 60 mins. The last half hour was magnificent. The support and the team came together and it was truly awesome.
Spot on.
The support has a huge part to play but only the players can beat the other team. The crowd did stick with the team last night but it needed Hagi to step up to the plate and deliver to bring the partnership together then it took off and one inspired the other.
I think that's the way it should be. I wouldn't want to have that monotonous foreign Ultra din right through every game.
Domestically, as posted by others, it's going to be much of the same as present because of the total lack of attempt by most visiting teams to even try and play open football.

It’s one extreme to the other at Ibrox. From tens of thousands moaning, groaning and screaming needless abuse at our own players and generally creating a horrible atmosphere, to breaking out in a deafening rendition of Derry’s Walls that’d make the hair’s on the back of your neck stand up

Y`know what. I go to watch the game. I`ve done 50 years of singing and leave it mostly to the others now. As the OP says, I`m singing when really up for the game. But singing is not my priority and won`t apologise for it.
No stadium in this country has their fans 'at it' for the whole game. It`s never been like that in all my time going.

It’s one extreme to the other at Ibrox. From tens of thousands moaning, groaning and screaming needless abuse at our own players and generally creating a horrible atmosphere, to breaking out in a deafening rendition of Derry’s Walls that’d make the hair’s on the back of your neck stand up

If it was a league game folk behind you would have been moaning telling your neck hairs to sit back down.

Back