The atmosphere.

Combination of plenty of factors but none that should detract from the fact they have a phenomenal support so sang all game - gers tried to start but really didn't get going at all given racket from them. I'd say it was an even split in terms of numbers but they were so visible with the flags, scarves etc.

A lot of European teams with the Ultra's chanting incessantly for 90 minutes regardless of result put British teams to shame if we're being honest and talking about sheer loudness.

I'm not saying Ibrox has not been a fortress and had electric atmosphere's or that we don't have a great travelling support because we do, European Ultra's are just more organised and chant louder.

We should encourage a larger singing section and help organise it as a club and support IMO.

Would be very interesting to know if the kiosks were open and water was on in the German end?

Sounds to me like this stuff was deliberate to try and nullify the Rangers support as a motivation for the players.

The Germans seemed to go on for the whole game, they had a Tifo allowed in and flares, and yet Rangers fans get battery packs and sun cream taken away.

UEFA won’t see Rangers as glamorous winner in the same way they would see Frankfurt, perhaps some skulduggery was involved here?

A lot of European teams with the Ultra's chanting incessantly for 90 minutes regardless of result put British teams to shame if we're being honest and talking about sheer loudness.

I'm not saying Ibrox has not been a fortress and had electric atmosphere's or that we don't have a great travelling support because we do, European Ultra's are just more organised and chant louder.

We should encourage a larger singing section and help organise it as a club and support IMO.
Half the battle is songs that are slow etc with rangers, too many words where as they all just shout 2-4 words or the name of their club.

Also I got a battery pack taken off me, yet they got in with a drum? Aye nae bother.

Drums were cleared by UEFA days leading up to the game for both sides.

Decision to take items previously agreed on with UEFA/security we’re made by the police. Disappointing but hardly surprising.

It could definitely have been better but the entire stadium was dead on its feet, most Frankfurt fans we walked back through the city alongside were every bit as subdued as us despite having just won the trophy.

There was nothing in the game, but we didn't lay a glove on them from the stands. Can remember looking around the stadium just prior to kick off and realising nearly three quarters of it were royal blue, but you wouldn't have thought it. Frankfurt were organised, vocal and incessant - we were none of those things. It is what it is, but if I have any regrets, is the thought that an Ibroxesque atmosphere could have given the players the 2% needed to get over the line.

Quite possibly the result of drinking all day and then suffering dehydration from the lack of water and juice available in the farce of a stadium. Brown envelopes must have changed hands for EUFA to sanction that venue.

So me and my son and mates who go everywhere and were there last night with tickets from the club are ‘people’ with money! Have a look at yourself!!
No one is denying a small element of our hardcore was there last night. A 50/50 split between hardcore support and the fat cats in which was already a small allocation was never going to go down well.

The lack of fluids are rubbish as it is didn’t seem to effect the Germans at all.

If Rangers done what Frankfurt done with the allocation it would of been WW3 on here, it was bad enough having to listen to people moan and brag about how much money they’ve spent on merchandise or shares etc and weren’t getting brief.

Until Rangers embrace fan culture and stop rejecting it, you will get nights like last time repeating itself on occasions like that.

There’s famous threads on here after every European home game about ‘euro neds’ and they get absolutely slaughtered on here, give me them any day of the week.

The tickets were extremely badly distributed.

All the Union Bears should have been given priority to tickets and should have been sat together.

There was nobody to lead the singing.

Frankfurt obviously put thought into how their tickets were distributed, but with Rangers it was essentially a free for all.

Totally agree with this.

As far as the players go I think too many of them ran their final against Red Bull, and Tav amongst others had one of his worst games, but redeemed himself as a Captain should by stepping up and slotting hone the first penalty. The players get a pass.
But the Rangers fans in that stadium were a vacuum. It was the worst atmosphere I’ve heard from a Rangers support for an important game in years, never mind a European final. Embarrassing.
I have a theory about this......maybe its because it was quite a few of them at their first games whilst the people who have attended Ibrox weekly and support the team were not given tickets

doesnt help when its 36 degrees in the stadium and the idiots run out of juice and water an hour before kick off, fans were poor but absolutely drained.
This, also why did they manage to get in with flags and flares and we were getting told to throw fuckin portable chargers in the bins. Police were desperate for us to react so they could wade in. Our previous form in particular Manchester was used to treat us differently last night.

That really is the main point.

The UB are integral to the atmosphere at every Rangers game these days.

They should all have been given a section.

Robertson just doesn't get it.
They were all at the front row of the top tier. All had matching blue t shirts on.

So me and my son and mates who go everywhere and were there last night with tickets from the club are ‘people’ with money! Have a look at yourself!!
Ignore them,mate.
Talking a lot of shite sitting in their living rooms.
They get their opinions on last nights support online.

”The singing wasn’t loud enough on my TV” :mad:

Being out in 35C heat all day then still sitting at a just under 30C at kick off takes it toll. Our fans were ok at times, but the Frankfurt fans had a bit more energy. We had bursts where our section was signing but it is what is it and we can’t change it now.

Excess beer was not the issue but probably more to do with the no water in the stadium. I got to the stadium kiosk for 8pm and they had no water left. Managed a cola and a 0% beer then I heard they had sold out of soft drinks shortly after.

We were also herded in like cattle on way to stadium then made to wait by the police for some time - 30/40 minutes perhaps in intense heat. You can only keep energy levels for so long in that heat then if you factor in the lack of water in stadium it’s not surprising at times the crowd was a bit flat.

This is bollocks. I paid good money for a ticket but was singing my heart out in F11 to no avail. Of course if ST holders had first dibs I would have of course missed out (gave it up as no longer viable to travel up from London every second week), but not everyone who isn't a ST holder a prawn sandwich eater.
It was more aimed at the Glasgow based fans who turn up to Ibrox twice a season for the old firm game mate. Can’t be helped if you’re staying away of course.

Ignore them,mate.
Talking a lot of shite sitting in their living rooms.
They get their opinions on last nights support online.

”The singing wasn’t loud enough on my TV” :mad:
I find this an extremely weird comment considering the boys that go week in, week out have openly said they are happy they’ll never have to see the majority of that Rangers support again.

I find this an extremely weird comment considering the boys that go week in, week out have openly said they are happy they’ll never have to see the majority of that Rangers support again.
Suppose it depends where you were standing.
We were behind the goals with our group who go everywhere and the support in the immediate vicinity to us was decent.
Were you there?
Do you go everywhere?

This, also why did they manage to get in with flags and flares and we were getting told to throw fuckin portable chargers in the bins. Police were desperate for us to react so they could wade in. Our previous form in particular Manchester was used to treat us differently last night.
They also had that massive grim reaper tifo.

We had nothing. Could we not even have rolled out the matador one again?

We as a support expect every single player to leave everything out on the pitch, so why do we feel as fans we shouldn’t be doing the same in the stands?

If you’re not coming away from last night absolutely gubbed with a sore throat then what did you do to get behind the team in a European final? Imo, not enough.

I don’t buy the whole ‘it was too hot’, ‘we were nervous’, ‘there was too many armchair fans’ arguments. Fact of the matter is Frankfurt gave everything and at times we’re very impressive and had all they factors to contend with too.

In a European run where our atmosphere has been widely praised and respected around the continent, we simply didn’t turn up last night to back the players the way we should have done and the way we have done in previous rounds to get us over the line.

“Ibrox expects that every man will do his duty” - that doesn’t just go for the players.

No Surrender.
Can maybe understand people not going for it the full 90/120 min but joining in 1 song in a 30min period was pathetic

Best thing the club could’ve done would’ve been round up the 4000 mygers tickets centrally in upper and lower to ensure like minded were together

UB carried things last night

Have to agree, the fans had obviously been drinking all day and had nothing left.
Everyone was exhausted with tnt heat it was oppressive

I had about 6 beers before the game it was a very long day in that heat

With an hours walk in 40 degrees to get to the stadium

Water sold out at the stadium very quickly

The fans had nothing left at the end I went home straight to bed

Rangers fans have been a credit to the club this season producing the best two atmospheres of my lifetime Celtic semi and liezpig

That’s what happens when you let “fans” who can afford £1500 for a ticket but haven’t been to Ibrox all season into the game
How many rangers end tickets were being sold on for that?

If any official rangers end were then the sellers are scum. This thread is about the north stand and the corner which was official rangers

I think there were loads of fans there who don't normally go to games who either paid over the odds for a ticket or stumbled upon one in the UEFA ballots, it was such a bizarre atmosphere.

Suppose it depends where you were standing.
We were behind the goals with our group who go everywhere and the support in the immediate vicinity to us was decent.
Were you there?
Do you go everywhere?
Had to give it all up in December due to birth of my daughter. I would of been there if was still on the scene.

I fly up from London for our home games and have 2 season tickets. I spent 12 hours travelling to Seville yesterday by car, plane and train. I spent over a grand on a ticket, I was surrounded by Germans in the neutral area next to their fans, it was 40 fucking degrees, they took suncream from me, the section I was in had no water….

And I’m being called a disgrace by people who watched it in their fucking house? :))
Not sure why you've took it personally, no one has called you a disgrace, but in general our fans were vocally very poor last night.

Seen Goldson at the start of extra time trying to get us up for it, our away end at Leipzig was 10x better.

Last edited:
Just back from day trip and Yes I totally agree, after the game the same thing was discussed, how quiet our support was. The thought was that too many were so under the weather from drinking and singing from days before hand, they were done. In the neutral zone most of us were trying to give it all, however fair to the Frankfurt fans they out done us, behind the goal was quiet

Granted it wasn't good the lack of water. My head was pounding at times but it was a European final so there was no way i wasnt leaving the ground with a voice left.

I wasn't in the stadium last night - I was at the other stadium watching on the screens.

However part of me is glad I didn't get a ticket and having to endure Frankfurt fans humiliate us in the atmosphere , noise and support stakes.

That should NEVER have been allowed to happen.

We pat ourselves on the back for some of the atmospheres we create but last night was truly awful.

There was 2 people I know at their first ever Rangers game last night.
I know three guys who live in the south east of England (all originally from Glasgow), who never go to Ibrox, ever, and all landed tickets. They went over and met up with a larger group of folk, all of whom were going to the match - about 12 in total - who were coming from various parts of the UK, and all had tickets for the match

Not one single person from that group ever goes to Ibrox. This wont be an isolated incident either - the fact none of them know the words to the fucking songs probably plays a part.

I dont think anyone on here is slating true bears whose commitment can't be faulted. The core issue is the allocation of briefs to cunts who don't ordinarily attend matches.

The atmosphere from the Rangers end last night sounded fucking horrific on TV. Various factors in play here but cunts who don't go to Ibrox or part time bears is one of the issues. If I'd been offered a ticket for last night I would have taken it and given it to a ST holder - why? Because I support from afar and don't fucking deserve to be there.

Even another small point but it further demonstrates the difference between Frankfurts end and ours

To a man, frankfurt fans all decked themselves in white and it was some sight looking over and seeing a full block of them, with their fans dotted about

UB/BC put a request out for people to wear blue - not even a rangers top, genuinely just a blue T-shirt - yet we can’t even pull that off. That’s not me having a go at people, ultimately you can choose what you want to wear, I’m making the point that their mentality towards fan culture/supporting the team/acting as a unit is completely different to us

I know three guys who live in the south east of England (all originally from Glasgow), who never go to Ibrox, ever, and all landed tickets. They went over and met up with a larger group of folk, all of whom were going to the match - about 12 in total - who were coming from various parts of the UK, and all had tickets for the match

Not one single person from that group ever goes to Ibrox. This wont be an isolated incident either - the fact none of them know the words to the fucking songs probably plays a part.

I dont think anyone on here is slating true bears whose commitment can't be faulted. The core issue is the allocation of briefs to cunts who don't ordinarily attend matches.

The atmosphere from the Rangers end last night sounded fucking horrific on TV. Various factors in play here but cunts who don't go to Ibrox or part time bears is one of the issues. If I'd been offered a ticket for last night I would have taken it and given it to a ST holder - why? Because I support from afar and don't fucking deserve to be there.
Same story here. I've saw on Facebook 4 people who were at the game who never go to our games but were there for the final last night.

Too many who went for a bevvy with the football as an afterthought and just as many who were there because they have the disposable income to pay touts or have sufficient connections to get tickets. A lot of actual fans who follow us home and away were priced out.

The performance was poor but the team clearly feed off the atmosphere we create at Ibrox. Better atmosphere, usually better performances.

Last edited:
I wasn't in the stadium last night - I was at the other stadium watching on the screens.

However part of me is glad I didn't get a ticket and having to endure Frankfurt fans humiliate us in the atmosphere , noise and support stakes.

That should NEVER have been allowed to happen.

We pat ourselves on the back for some of the atmospheres we create but last night was truly awful.

This is getting hysterical - “humiliated” and you’re glad you weren’t able to attend a European Final…!?

As far as the players go I think too many of them ran their final against Red Bull, and Tav amongst others had one of his worst games, but redeemed himself as a Captain should by stepping up and slotting hone the first penalty. The players get a pass.
But the Rangers fans in that stadium were a vacuum. It was the worst atmosphere I’ve heard from a Rangers support for an important game in years, never mind a European final. Embarrassing.
I've deliberately waited until this afternoon to comment on this, as emotions were very raw at the end last night.

I thought our fans in the stadium were piss poor overall. To be out-sung by a Frankfurt support half the size was an utter embarrassment.

There were periods in the game where the fans were doing next to nothing to get behind the team. It should have been non stop wall of noise for 120 mins.

There will be people on here who were in the stadium last night saying "You've no right to criticise, you weren't there, you'd didn't experience the heat sitting in yer living room blah blah blah".

Bottom line, the folk who were there last night need to ask what THEY brought to the game last night.

What was it the Germans did that we didn't?

Overall, a sad indictment of what could have contributed to getting us over the line.

Back