"The" Baku

I sit near Empire, so I've got my gear for Thursday night looked out.

My ribs will be safe :D

Xwjq54z.jpg

I was on the same page as Empire when it first started to get sung and found it ridiculous and infuriating. Now I think it has turned into a bit of a thing to sing it as it is so daft. Some folk will get wound up and mates will find it funny to sing 'The Baku' as banter with them . It actually all adds to the buzz around the song and our current Euro adventure so all to the better really.

I like it, love the way it's taken off. Empire is right though, by inserting the 'the' we look (sound) like illiterates. It fits perfectly well just singing 'to Baku, we're on our way'.

It doesn't really annoy me.

I'm just embarrassed that our support are looking like idiots, that's all.

I may be picking this up totally wrong here, but the way you've worded that looks like you're calling me an idiot for having a bit of banter with another poster.

If it's not a passive aggressive smarmy internet type comment then that's fair enough, I have indeed picked it up wrong.

If it is, however, then it's the behaviour of a wanker who takes shit far too seriously.

I may be picking this up totally wrong here, but the way you've worded that looks like you're calling me an idiot for having a bit of banter with another poster.

If it's not a passive aggressive smarmy internet type comment then that's fair enough, I have indeed picked it up wrong.

If it is, however, then it's the behaviour of a wanker who takes shit far too seriously.

Ooooft :eek:

If it wasn't for the final being in Baku, I doubt many would have even heard of the place or known where it was. The extra "the" is there to make the song scan better.

This isn't uncommon, I'm sure many of you know the football song "we're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen", at Portsmouth, they sing "And it's Portsmouth City" despite the fact the club never has been known as Portsmouth City

Hope this doesn't cause anyone any issues for anyone , there's a big heefer sits next to me always stuffing his kisser with sweeties and chocolate. At half time I burst into song for him, he's started to sing it himself now.

He's on his way, he's on his way.
To the pie queue, he's on his way!

What will he get there I don't know
How will he pay it, I don't care.

All I know is he is on his way
Haw, it was you that started it, along with wee arrow people

I like it, love the way it's taken off. Empire is right though, by inserting the 'the' we look (sound) like illiterates. It fits perfectly well just singing 'to Baku, we're on our way'.

I thought that's what we all were singing! Until I read this thread.

And also because it hadn't occurred to me that anyone would stick 'the' in where it has no business being.

I used go to THE dancing as a nipper. :)

We're on our waaaayyy, we're in our way, to the Baku :D

Were on our way
We’re on our way
To The Baku
We’re on our way

My son has dug me in the ribs since we started singing it

I told him to calm down

In ma heed its the Baku

Why do I sing it I don’t know
All I know I sing The Baku
That’s right you get wired right into the Baku

The Baku are Japanese supernatural beings that devour dreams and nightmares. According to legend, they were created by the spare pieces that were left over when the gods finished creating all other animals. They have a long history in Japanese folklore and art, and more recently have appeared in Japanese anime and manga :D
Too much time on your hands mate, on another note I’m the one replying ffs!!!lol

The Big Azerbaijan Kapital Urwi
And now, the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
My friend, I'll say it clear
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
I've lived a life that's full
I've traveled each and every highway
And more, much more than this
We did it Urwi

For all the rangers posters calling fellow bears, thick, stupid and illiterate ( just a selection on here) finish these lyrics to a famous gers song...As I was walking up.....

Yes, but getting away from that particular song, you wouldn't say 'as I was walking up the Copland Road in the Glasgow'. Would you?

Back