The banter between our players

Theknight

Must admit I love seeing this on Instagram, I think it makes for great team bonding.

Yesterday we had Tav and Goldson giving it tight to Kamara for his Sainsbury bag, today Jordan Jones, Greg Doherty and Josh McPake were giving it to Jake Hastie for his complexion calling him Gareth Pale .

Add to that Barjonas Hastie McCrorie calling themselves the Love Island Crew and watching it together every night and it's good to see the players bonding together.

You need that bonding, it is absolutely essential. Souness used to encourage fights at training because he knew on a Saturday everyone would be up for it and covering each others backs, one for all and the the dark tan yin style.

Slagging a guys Sainsburys dhobi bag is a bit much though.:))

Want to see it on the park as well, last season Alfie was getting manhandled a few times most noticeable against the sheep and was left alone arguing with them .Want to see our players piling in fairly and backing up each other .

Want to see it on the park as well, last season Alfie was getting manhandled a few times most noticeable against the sheep and was left alone arguing with them .Want to see our players piling in fairly and backing up each other .
You mean like this?

rsz_2019-03-03t150759z_300668994_rc174d7cf0c0_rtrmadp_3_soccer-scotland-afc-rfc-420x228.jpg

The players looked well-bonded and happy to my eyes in Tenerife in January........

Good stuff, but points make prizes lads. This is the one, as someone once said.

Must admit I love seeing this on Instagram, I think it makes for great team bonding.

Yesterday we had Tav and Goldson giving it tight to Kamara for his Sainsbury bag, today Jordan Jones, Greg Doherty and Josh McPake were giving it to Jake Hastie for his complexion calling him Gareth Pale .

Add to that Barjonas Hastie McCrorie calling themselves the Love Island Crew and watching it together every night and it's good to see the players bonding together.

To be fair, if you notice around 02:15 in today's training video, Hastie is in a group with all black guys... Ojo, Kamara, Defoe, Goldson, Mebupe. He doesn't stand a chance! Wonder if that was deliberate. :D

Camaraderie is brilliant to see. They clearly enjoy being in each other’s company. Bonds are being built here that’s necessary if you’re gonna run through a brick wall for someone.

Wes Goldson and Kamara all went to New York together pretty much as soon as the league ended it’s good to see them all getting on

There was a couple of occasion's last year where big Joe Worrall would sprint up to protect Morelos, a guy on loan with no previous affiliation to our club helping his teammate who can't speak English...so surely has no personal/friendship bond with. Just a great team ethic to die for each other, will only get stronger with time and hopefully instilled across the age groups

You can see the bond in the team now. Everyone understands they can take the title this year and they will be up for it. It will be hard as the refereeing and compliance officer will be as big a hurdle as any team. Keep disciplined and play every game as a cup final. We need to start well,beat them at Ibrox and keep our consistency. Do that and 55 will be ours. No one likes us, we don’t care. Let’s Go!

You can see the bond in the team now. Everyone understands they can take the title this year and they will be up for it. It will be hard as the refereeing and compliance officer will be as big a hurdle as any team. Keep disciplined and play every game as a cup final. We need to start well,beat them at Ibrox and keep our consistency. Do that and 55 will be ours. No one likes us, we don’t care. Let’s Go!
I dont see Celtuc mounting a challenge this season. Wheels off by mid October

There was a couple of occasion's last year where big Joe Worrall would sprint up to protect Morelos, a guy on loan with no previous affiliation to our club helping his teammate who can't speak English...so surely has no personal/friendship bond with. Just a great team ethic to die for each other, will only get stronger with time and hopefully instilled across the age groups
I was just about to say the same thing, Worrall was often Alfies minder in those situations and would steer him away from getting himself in trouble. Arfield and Jack too.

Do enjoy seeing it. Remember when they let Windass use the club snapchat a few years back and he had Liam Kelly cracking two decade-old Chewin the Fat jokes?

No need to say the name now, no need to say the name.

I don’t have Instagram but the players are visibly closer on the pitch, whether that be celebrating a goal or backing each other up. Granted we need to be smarter with regards the latter but I’d much rather that than the utter shit houses we had become under previous regimes. Great to see :)

A united group of players on and off the park will deliver #55. I said it before and will again, Gerrards fighting spirit and will to win will be infectious throughout the club and the players are responding. Show the gaffer the right application, desire and fighting spirit and it all bodes well for a successful campaign.

Yes there were bumps along the way last season but we had a rookie gaffer who now, without any shadow of doubt, will deliver this coming season.

Back