The Barca third top

Why are they playing City in a friendly tonight?
Charity fundraiser.

Former Barcelona goalkeeper and coach Juan Carlos Unzué was diagnosed with ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) two years ago. This match will help fund research at the Luzón Foundation.

Unzué is a former teammate of Guardiola and was part of the coaching staff under the Manchester City manager during his time in charge at Barcelona where Guardiola won 14 trophies over four years.

Charity fundraiser.

Former Barcelona goalkeeper and coach Juan Carlos Unzué was diagnosed with ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) two years ago. This match will help fund research at the Luzón Foundation.

Unzué is a former teammate of Guardiola and was part of the coaching staff under the Manchester City manager during his time in charge at Barcelona where Guardiola won 14 trophies over four years.
Fair enough, but timing just seemed strange.

image.png

Bit of a throwback to this.
Seriously???

Seriously???

Don't really get the difficulty here tbh. Reason I said it was a throwback to that is because as far as I know it's the first time they've used they colours on a kit since that one. Seeing the new strip automatically made me think of that.

Another poster said the kit was white but since then it's been clarified as being silver.

Don't read too much into it pal.

image.png

Bit of a throwback to this.
Looking at the replies you have got I must need my eyes tested too. This was the first kit I thought of when I seen the new one.

New one looks silver to me with blue and red on it, don't remember them having a kit like that since this classic, probably about 1998/1999 time.

Looks like a big crucifix
Guessing it's a reference to St George (or Sant Jordi in Catalan) who is the patron saint of Catalunya.

Always thought it was cool that Johan Cruyff called his son Jordi. At the time Catalan names were banned by Franco's government, but as his birth was registered in the Netherlands they couldn't do anything about it.

Did Inter not end up having a lot of issues the other season for having a cross on their strip? This might go down the same way.

The St George's Cross is the coat of arms of Milan, which is why it was used for Inter's centenary season.

Similarly, the St George's Cross is part of the city of Barcelona's arms and FC Barcelona have merely modified it to represent the club colours.

It's a better Barca away shirt than previous efforts (the yellow fade to orange horror for example), I like it.

Back