The BBC Scotland shameful haters of Steven Gerrard

We should have manager of the year, player of the year, goal of the year and team of the year absolutely unchallenged.

We should also get the Xmas number 1 with the squad singing Live it Up.

Eff them all, no-one likes us. Do we care??

And so it goes on. These scumbags are really hurting. Now our penalty yesterday was outside the box !
" Top scorer Tavernier blotted his copybook by having a weak spot kick saved by Ross Laidlaw, although justice was probably done as Morelos looked to be fouled outside the area. "

Not going to click on that link, we should really just copy and paste these things.

Ultimately, if Martindale gets it then he gets it. No one at Ibrox should or would give a %^*&.

Starting a campaign to get manager of the year title away from Steven Gerrard .

I hope they are drowning in salty tears .

*. Did this not happen to Walter years ago and Billy Reid was given it in front of him !

Well firstly from what I hear Martindale was always the “manager” of Livvy and Holt was mostly just the front face due to Martindales shady past.

Secondly Martindale has had a good 7 or 8 games. Does that alone make him manager of the year as the ginger one is suggesting ? Absolutely not. They could lose today and their form could dip so it’s premature to proclaim him manager of the year after a few games.

There seems to thing with some members of the Scottish press especially with Rangers that no matter how well you are doing or the football that the team plays because you have a “big budget“ you should not win any monthly or yearly awards.

*. Did this not happen to Walter years ago and Billy Reid was given it in front of him !
It happened to Jock Wallace in the seventies . He won the treble I think the reserves go two trophies as well . They gave it to billy Mcneil at Aberdeen

Give it to him, honestly don't think the gaffer would give a flying f*** as most of his praise (outwith us) comes from England anyway.
and the gaffer will have a league title in his pocket so %^*& the bbc they will not be seeing any of that party

That's irrelevant. He's done the time and is clearly doing a good job at turning his life around. This isn't to do with Martindale. Besides, if we win the league, you can bet him and his family will be happy.
Its not irrelevant if he does not pass the fit and proper criteria he can't get the job

I hope they give him it. I really couldn't give 2 fences about who gets it.

Would be interesting to see what the bosses down South think of; no interview with the league winning boss (English legend) and their premier award given to a manager at Tony Macaronis. Would be some laugh to be at that meeting

Steven Gerrard is a manager who has put a project into place and then pursued it with graft, brains and determination.
He is the very epitome of a football manager doing it the right way.
He hasn't built a team he has rebuilt a football club, he has reawakened a heritage and re-affirmed the belief of an entire football community.

He isn't the manager of the year in Scotland, he is the manager of the last decade; this year is just the fruition of his seeding and the blooming of the garden he has planted and what a spectacle of flowering it is.

As for the BBC their time will come and it will not come soon enough.

You have to think if there are amoeba on Mars, their opinion would carry more weight with Gerrard than anything Michael Stewart spouts. The guy simply couldn't be less relevant.

He's a pathetic Troll and should be treated as such.

Tbf, my reading of that is the writer is saying (quite rightly imo) he's done a good job. It's the failed trialist that's touting him for manager of the year in front of The Gaffer.

Best thing is that the will only be able to put up pics and quotes from rangers triumphant season no interviews get that right up them the slimy reptiles of a company

"Shameful haters of Steven Gerrard" ??

A tad hyperbolic - to say the least. I don't read any hate towards Steven Gerrard in there.

I've read the article. Yes, the BBC are wankers and Stewart is an oxygen thief, but I'm not seeing what you're seeing.

"Shameful haters of Steven Gerrard" ??

A tad hyperbolic - to say the least. I don't read any hate towards Steven Gerrard in there.

I've read the article. Yes, the BBC are wankers and Stewart is an oxygen thief, but I'm not seeing what you're seeing.

What?

The merest suggestion that the jailbird could come anywhere near SG shows their utter disdain toward him

You dont see that?

What?

The merest suggestion that the jailbird could come anywhere near SG shows their utter disdain toward him

You dont see that?
I do not see any hatred in the article (shameful or otherwise) directed at Steven Gerrard.
If you can find it, then perhaps you can cut and paste the offending passage here.

Edit:

In fact, here is the only mention of Steven Gerrard:

"With Rangers showing no sign of letting up, it appears it would take something special to pip Ibrox boss Steven Gerrard to manager of year".

Yes, they've really gone to town on SG there!

Martindale does deserve praise, and honestly had he been in all year with the same record then he would be the favourite for manager of the year as Livingston would have been our closest challengers for the league, which would be worthy of an award, but he hasn’t, so he shouldn’t.

During our 9iar years, when the scum were barely at the races till the last couple of years, one of their players won the Player of The Year award almost every season . The envy and refusal to acknowledge anyone connected to Rangers is nothing new. Back in 1987 I remember David Holmes saying only 3 clubs congratulated us on our first Championship in 9 years, and I expect something similar this year. It's another indication things are getting back to normal!

Spot on, I hate how journalism has long moved on from reporting fact to just getting an audience by any means. Transfer rumours is another example, time and time again they’re proven to know sweet FA but are never brought to task for constantly publishing and selling lies under the guise of it being an expert opinion. The amount of times we see “Celtic and Rangers are battling for x’s signature” when it’s simply not true is ridiculous, but if you add the other side, you get double the viewership.
It's always been this way, it's just more blatant in the age of social media.

I said this to my old man yesterday they are so very predictable .

Lol, let them do it, it will only show them up for their stupid Rangers-hating agenda.

The manager who wins the league should be manager of the year
Don't neccessarily agree with that.

Eg if a manager got Hamilton finishing high up it would be remarkable and deserving on MOTY despite winning nothing. Being a top manager doesn't necessarily equate to trophies.

However Gerrard absolutely deserves it so far, our record speaks for ourselves and when we have our invincible season (Yes, I'm moving onto this train now. The 55 train has left the station..) realised come May, there'll be no question about who deserves it.

I was unfortunate enough to catch the crap about Martindale this afternoon on the radio. Bad boy turned good etc etc. I thought fair enough, then the bold boy himself came on. Fu_ck me, I would come across better with 15 pints in me. Once a Jakey, always a Jakey. A flash in the pan.

I haven’t read the article but the headline says contender.
If they are discussing if he would be classed as one of the top three managers I have no issue.
Anyone with more than one brain cell knows there can be only one winner.

I'm sure the rules as written by Hugh Keevins state that if you win the league then you are automatically Manager of the year.
There's also another rule he wrote that if a striker scores 30 goals he is player of the year which is why Fernando Ricksen had to share the Player of the year award with Hartson.
Strangely, Kris Boyd was never considered under this rule.

I do not see any hatred in the article (shameful or otherwise) directed at Steven Gerrard.
If you can find it, then perhaps you can cut and paste the offending passage here.

Edit:

In fact, here is the only mention of Steven Gerrard:

"With Rangers showing no sign of letting up, it appears it would take something special to pip Ibrox boss Steven Gerrard to manager of year".

Yes, they've really gone to town on SG there!

The WHOLE article displays it FFS.

Sometimes its whats NOT there you need to observe

Aye no bother. Unbeaten in Europe, coasting to the league title unbeaten. And the bbc vote goes to the livi assistant come manger.
No agenda here. Nothing to see.

Back