The best and the worst since 2012

ecossebear

As I’m bored and reading through the recent posts on how far we have come, I thought I would start a post as to who we think have been the 5 best players, and the 5 worst since 2012. Not necessarily the most talented but who lived up to expectations and who didn’t (i.e. there could be an argument for McCulloch or Little due to how they performed in the lower leagues).

For me, the best: Tavernier, Morelos, Halliday, Waghorn, Goldson. Worst: Black, Pena, Sadiq, Simmonson, Cribari

Can’t believe we’ve finally reached the closing season of what has been a crazy and ultimately hellish decade in our history.

From the sheer joy and elation of Rugby Park in 2011 we have scaled depths none of us thought ever imaginable.

I was living overseas for the overwhelming majority of the last 8 years and was only back between 2015-17, so thankfully was slightly detached from experiencing just how bad it was.

For the 5 worst player:

Kyle
Agyriou
Perry
Pena
Senderos

Best : Tavernier, Arfield, Mcgregor, Jack, Morelos

Worst : Faure, Moshni, Kyle, Sandaza, Pena

I’ve probably missed a fair few in the worst. Could be there all day.

Trying to pick a worst was difficult! Could have been any of McCoists signings, the New Castle 5, even Grezda!

It was also hard trying to pick a best - I had thought of Arfield, Greggs, Wes, Jack, Davis

Can’t believe we’ve finally reached the closing season of what has been a crazy and ultimately hellish decade in our history.

From the sheer joy and elation of Rugby Park in 2011 we have scaled depths none of us thought ever imaginable.

I was living overseas for the overwhelming majority of the last 8 years and was only back between 2015-17, so thankfully was slightly detached from experiencing just how bad it was.

For the 5 worst player:

Kyle
Agyriou
Perry
Pena
Senderos
It’s been a rollercoaster for sure. But as much as we never saw it getting so bad, there were times towards the end of McCoists time I could not imagine us in group stages of Europe and signing £4m internationals this decade.

Massively underwhelming. Considering the outlay at the time, he should have absolutely mauled the bottom leagues but got injured the second a stud touched something that wasn't grass.

Suppose he is one that came with a good reputation having played really well at hearts scored good goals for them as well. He scored in Europa League vs Liverpool. But was shite at us but should’ve been able to destroy the league

Worst Perry, Cribari, Sandaza, Kyle, Black, Stella, Faure, Cole, Simonsen, Daly, Parleta, Mohsni, Smith, Zalikus, Newcastle 5. Probably missed somebody %^*& me, I’m away for a drink

Best: Tav, Arfield, Morelos, Goldson & Jack
Worst: Kiernan, Martin, Sadiq, Grezda & Lafferty

Harry Forrester worth a mention. Hated the fact that he had so much talent but just could not be fucked putting the work in.

Not going to fully engage with this, as the disappointing five part of it is just utterly depressing.

However, I'm only here to add that I'm utterly amazed Nicky Law has escaped the worst 5 so far.

An absolute charlatan, never in my 40-odd years of watching Rangers have I seen a guy who actively tried to avoid having the ball as much as this guy. The various postmen, famer's laddies and part-time students whom he would have faced must have rubbed their hands in glee at the thought of getting stuck in about such a coward.

In summary: no, I don't like him.

I can't say I ever saw Forrester as a talented waster, he was a bit shit - his core skills were even pretty dross

Here’s my worst five:
Russell Martin
Phillips Senderos
Ian Black
Emulsion Cribari
Carlos Pena

Lot of names I could have included in the worst 5 but tried to stick to either people who had zero footballing ability or who put absolutely zero effort in.

Massively underwhelming. Considering the outlay at the time, he should have absolutely mauled the bottom leagues but got injured the second a stud touched something that wasn't grass.

And the ironical thing was that the guy who could not play on a plastic pitch ended up signing for Hamilton Accies.

I saw that big Moshni got a mention from a few people. I think he was a better centre half for us than that dud Senderos.

Look at all those garbage players

Wonder how much time was wasted by posters in here defending some of them!! I remember an awful lot of people arguing that “there was a player in there” on most of them!!

Not going to fully engage with this, as the disappointing five part of it is just utterly depressing.

However, I'm only here to add that I'm utterly amazed Nicky Law has escaped the worst 5 so far.

An absolute charlatan, never in my 40-odd years of watching Rangers have I seen a guy who actively tried to avoid having the ball as much as this guy. The various postmen, famer's laddies and part-time students whom he would have faced must have rubbed their hands in glee at the thought of getting stuck in about such a coward.

In summary: no, I don't like him.
He was pish but was our second and then tip scoring in his first two seasons.

My main memory is him scoring a last minute equaliser against hearts. Made a get it up you sign to the fans before we went and chucked it and lost in the last minute anyway. Prick

I keep remembering more o_O Stella, Nemane, Dalcio, Faure, Robinson, Senderos, Foster, Smith, Daly. Looking back I think Gerrard has an 80% success rate (not including this years yet), Pedro a 20%, Warbs a 40% and McCoist a 0%!

Cribari. Brazilian and played Serie A.
We got his blind twin that never kicked a ball let alone tackled an opponent.

Best: Tav, Alfie, Arfield, Kent, Defoe

Worst: Black, Kyle, Sandaza, Argyriou, and I'm saying Cammy Bell purely for that fucking shambles at Fir Park which is the shittest thing I've ever seen a professional footballer do. I still don't know what the f*ck he was doing. It still gets me angry.

Best: Tavernier, Morelos, Goldson, McGregor, Kamara or Arfield (Cant decide yet)
Worst: Black, Pena, O’Halloran, Sandaza, Senderos

Back