The Best Goal We Have Scored Against Hearts

Trevor Steven scored a cracker where he controlled the ball on his chest and caught it on the volley as it dropped, right into the top bin at the Broomloan end. Around about 89/90 maybe?

By no means the best goal against them but Hateley scored my favourite ever header against them.
Headed it harder than some pros could kick it.

Andy Penman scored a fantastic free kick against Hearts at Ibrox back in 1968.
Old yin and myself were right behing the goal. Broomloan end.
Andy bent the ball round the wall and into the corner of the goal.
Hearts keeper Jim Cruickshank never moved.

I do feel a wee bit sorry for Durie - a hat trick, but the game gets known as the Laudrup final (rightfully so, but....)
Didn't Gascoigne play more in a holding role in that game? I don't know if I remember that correctly, but I'm sure he wasn't so attacking in that game.

Already mentioned, the Bobby Russell 20 yard volley in a 4-0 win in 1981.

Davie Cooper scored amazing solo goals in successive games against them in 1986, already mentioned too.

I do recall Gazza taking a ball wide near the Tynecastle main stand touch line going on a run and bending it into the bottom corner. Was a helluva run, move and finish.

Would love to see it again.

Hately and McCoist in total harmony.

Match shown ‘as live’ on BSB at 10pm with Tyler / Gray commentating

Bizarrely first goal that came to my mind was also the Emerson one that he didnt score. Good to see it as one of the first replies

No sign of it online or RTV description from rangers website

That miss, however, just delayed the pain for Hearts and Rangers were 3-0 up in the 71st minute after great skill from the club’s new Brazilian midfielder, Emerson.

The former Middlesbrough star unleashed a superb half volley from the edge of the box, after Arteta’s corner was cleared and although Moilanen did brilliantly to tip it onto the bar, Arveladze was left with a tap in.

Last edited:

The first goal by Laudrup. Any excuse to watch the 5-1 highlights again. Laudrups finest game in a blue jersey.

Never has a guy who scored a hat trick been so far away from being named MoM than the 'Laudrup' final. It was pure pleasure watching him that day

God at his very best.

Didn't Gascoigne play more in a holding role in that game? I don't know if I remember that correctly, but I'm sure he wasn't so attacking in that game.
Not so much a holding role - we pretty much bypassed the midfield in that game with 5 at the back going direct to Laudrup & Durie. Fergie & McCall were along side Gazza, but I think our tactics and the fact he was knackered from the season were a factor. Fergie came off at HT, and the other subs were Bo Andersen & Petric, so he played the 90 when he probably shouldn't.

Back