The best goal we have scored at Parkhead v celtic?

Its mental how I read through remembering these goals.

I can honestly remember the moment they all went in where I was who I was with ect... Brings back some great times

Hopefully we get a a couple next Sunday

Last edited:
Of all the goals we have scored at the piggery, what one would you pick as the best goal you've seen?

Here are 3 possible. Great memories, hopefully something similar a week on Saturday.

Any better?

2 out of 3 ain't bad. i would replace Gazza's with Albertz goal in the 1998 semi final. However any goal there is to be celebrated.

First time I d saw us win there 1980 Alex Miller in the last min. As another poster said bedlam followed

Gios free kick in the 5-1 defeat never gets the recognition because of the fact we got humped

Smashing free kick all the same

Big Ugo smashing an overhead kick past Boruc

This one is tainted by what happened after, but Novo's that put us 2-1 up in the 2007/8 season was a belter and caused utter chaos in our end.

Cracking strike from the wee man but as you say largely forgotten about in the grand scheme thing of things. Still annoys me to this day we couldn't hold on for the point as they were never catching us otherwise.

Alex Millers was great because Wee Bud took the piss out of Peace Protest.
However my favourite was a goal from Wee Bud who was put clean through and shot past the advancing goalie. This happened at the Gers end and it was the first game we played there with the new full roof cover. Wee Bud ran right past the goal and right up to the fans. He stood on the terracing wall at the front with us all going mental.
Other than the fact they are thick Micks I never could understand why we got ful cover and their end had about a third covered.
The noise from our end was amazing. My memory ain't what it was but I think we won 4-2 and Bud's was the last goal.

You can get some grainy colour footage of this game on youtube mate.

Type in "Celtic 2 Rangers 4 1968" and hey presto.

Watched it many a time, as my dear late grandpa and my uncle, who still sits beside me and my dad, were both there that day.

Interesting to see in the footage that Bears must have close on half the jungle.

Pedro Mendes for me. Was in the piggery that day and my old man said "goal" as soon as Davis rolled it to him.

Mendes was probably the best but my favourite was Colin Jackson's headed winner in 1974. My second game v them and first win!

Paul Gascoigne's goal is iconic for me. We were all that guy with the checked shirt that day.....:D

Albertz in the cup, late 90's is another one that springs to mind.

Yes my favourite! Always remember the replay of the goal, a mentally challenged jumping up and down because they just scored a minute earlier, the camera goes off him as De Boer puts it in the net. Always wanted to see hes reaction!

Was confused why the commentor shouted De Boer cause the camera almost missed caused we responded so quick haha!

Why pick one?

Every goal we score against them is a belter.

Give us a few to remember a week on Sunday please lads.

Just asked my old man, as he's been at all the games mentioned and he went for Alex Miller's just ahead of Albertz.

He said when we beat them the day Miller scored in 1980 it was our 1st win at the piggery since 1974.

Amazing to think, especially as we won 2 trebles during that period too.
I'm with your dad on that one. That was one if the greatest days of my life as a Rangers supporter, seeing us win there after so long and what it meant to my uncle who I used to go with back then.
I was 15 then and been to many of these games, but every goal I've seen scored at that pit is a classic for me.

Never really seen a great goal for us there, but I'll go with Jig's header in 2010 as we were totally outplayed. Just shows the importance of keeping belief during a match. It was a strange performance as we had been in form up to this match.

Rangers (4-4-2): McGregor; Broadfoot, Weir, Wilson, Papac; Lafferty, Davis, McCulloch, Whittaker; Novo (Edu, 13), Boyd. Substitutes not used: Alexander, Smith, Fleck, Little, Ness, Wylde.

Albertz in 1998 is the number 1.

Other favourites are:
McCoist diving header in the same game.
McCoist putting Bonner on his arse three times in as many seconds.
Mo Johnston’s lob.
Jig’s bullet header.

Alex Millers was great because Wee Bud took the piss out of Peace Protest.
However my favourite was a goal from Wee Bud who was put clean through and shot past the advancing goalie. This happened at the Gers end and it was the first game we played there with the new full roof cover. Wee Bud ran right past the goal and right up to the fans. He stood on the terracing wall at the front with us all going mental.
Other than the fact they are thick Micks I never could understand why we got ful cover and their end had about a third covered.
The noise from our end was amazing. My memory ain't what it was but I think we won 4-2 and Bud's was the last goal.

September weekend 1968.
One of my first games at the piggery, I was 10.
Just seems like yesterday.:eek:

Never really seen a great goal for us there, but I'll go with Jig's header in 2010 as we were totally outplayed. Just shows the importance of keeping belief during a match. It was a strange performance as we had been in form up to this match.

Rangers (4-4-2): McGregor; Broadfoot, Weir, Wilson, Papac; Lafferty, Davis, McCulloch, Whittaker; Novo (Edu, 13), Boyd. Substitutes not used: Alexander, Smith, Fleck, Little, Ness, Wylde.

Remember the game well. It was absolutely Baltic and I’m sure we had just had terrible snow the week building up to the game.

McGregor made an outstanding last minute save too.

Also, looking at that squad you’ve given there... doesn’t exactly look as strong as I had remembered us being back then. The yahoos were woeful.

Back