The best thing about scotland is?

The scenery until houses started sprouting up everywhere take my dogs out where I stay 2 minutes that was you in the country not now posh £400000 houses with stamps for gardens see these home owners with them saying it's s beautiful walk my response you want to have walk here when there where no houses. The same folk moan about all the wildlife seem to forget they where there before you.
The attitude of the country has changed folk to much in a hurry driving like in the dodge ums the tolerance between folk is next to nothing and the P.C people can't smack your child, can't eat meat, can't say that and so on.
My youngest is 12 it doesn't give me hope for her and grandkids if I have any

It isn’t Syria
b4NT44T.jpg

Apart from the Gers and in no particular orderthe best water,whisky,fresh air,scenery,inventions,architecture,cities,lochs and history.
Yes we also have faults none more so than many of our civic leaders and politicians,however we have it in our own hands to change this via the ballot box which leads on to the most important thing we have,freedom of choice.

Nailed it

Doom and gloom mob are welcome to leave if Scotland is so shite. Scotland is a brilliant wee country.
Why do you think so many do leave, if it such a wonderful wee country? I left 20 years ago and only ever come back to see my old maw and Rangers. Otherwise I would never set foot in the country ever again.

It once was a wonderful wee country but now it is a hate-filled cesspit, where the indigenous Protestant population is targeted and is being ruled over by a bigoted/racist catholic and nationalist minority.

Get this straight, the SNP is not Scotland. Nor is the BBC. So many turning their back on their own country rather than fighting for it. Spineless or what? I can see our Ulster brethren referring to NI as a shit hole because SF have a big say in their country or because they have a large number of unwashed in their midst. Aye right they would. Some on here should grow a pair and stop acting like wee lassies.

Well said.

Why do you think so many do leave, if it such a wonderful wee country? I left 20 years ago and only ever come back to see my old maw and Rangers. Otherwise I would never set foot in the country ever again.

It once was a wonderful wee country but now it is a hate-filled cesspit, where the indigenous Protestant population is targeted and is being ruled over by a bigoted/racist catholic and nationalist minority.

.... the neighbours?

Loads of people leave for a variety of reasons. I'd say a lot more leave for work, better opportunities in life as opposed to because the SNP are in power or immigration (oddly enough you immigrated to another country) or the SFA, the fact that Peter Lawwell rules the world.

Loads of people leave for a variety of reasons. I'd say a lot more leave for work, better opportunities in life as opposed to because the SNP are in power or immigration (oddly enough you immigrated to another country) or the SFA, the fact that Peter Lawwell rules the world.
If it was such a wonderful wee country though, would it not have the better opportunities itself? People do leave for many reasons and it most certainly is no longer the nice place to live that it once was. The country is fatally divided and rotten to the core, with nepotism and corruption to the fore.

Scenery, history, sense of humour (none other like it anywhere else), fresh air........I could go on (and they’re all things to be proud of). But what lets it down for me is the inferiority complex we have, especially in relation to all things England. Also this nonsense that seems to be the fashion of the big bad British Empire that Scotland had nothing to do with.

And the SNP who are happy to drag the Education and Justice Systems to the gutter and the county as a whole.

Really?. After seeing what’s happening with the uk trying to leave a Union we’ve been in for decades and seeing the total clusterfeck that’s become your “friends” think it would be a good idea to separate from the rest of the uk?. A union which we have been a part of for centuries. Sorry but absolutely batshit crazy.
I agree with you totally, unfortunately they are becoming disillusioned with the current political mess. I keep trying to point out the dangers of nationalism, and SNP are simply a dangerous, anti-english party.

If it was such a wonderful wee country though, would it not have the better opportunities itself? People do leave for many reasons and it most certainly is no longer the nice place to live that it once was. The country is fatally divided and rotten to the core, with nepotism and corruption to the fore.

It depends what you class as opportunity. People do come to Scotland for better opportunity of work/training and a higher standard of living and freedom than a host of other countries in the world.

Yes the country has been divided since that stupid indyref in 2014 and hasn't recovered. There are still a load of good things about Scotland, but a lot that could be better. Like most countries in the world.

I've said it before, if an alien was to read on here the way folk go on you'd think that Scotland was like San Angeles in Demolition man where the Protestants live in sewers eating rat burgers and the Catholics dine in Taco Bell. It's hysteria!

Scotland is a fantastic country and what makes it so for me and my family is the people.Warm welcoming and just on the right side of being crazy .Be grateful guys compared to some in this world we are rich.

Glasgow. Why?
Lines like "Those who dislike Scotland betray our history as much as those who dislike Britain. And both betray the unionist cause." made me think of someone who isn't familiar with the hard truths of today's Scotland. Others on this thread have spoken of their love for the land and I can understand that but you strangely chose to attack those who knew Scotland as a once decent country and are disgusted by its descent into a hate-riven, under-performing Brigadoon fantasy-land governed by and for embarrassing, delusional, psychotic phukwits.
But, your environment is similar to my own so all I'll say is your statement above is without foundation.
Care to build a case for it?

Lines like "Those who dislike Scotland betray our history as much as those who dislike Britain. And both betray the unionist cause." made me think of someone who isn't familiar with the hard truths of today's Scotland. Others on this thread have spoken of their love for the land and I can understand that but you strangely chose to attack those who knew Scotland as a once decent country and are disgusted by its descent into a hate-riven, under-performing Brigadoon fantasy-land governed by and for embarrassing, delusional, psychotic phukwits.
But, your environment is similar to my own so all I'll say is your statement above is without foundation.
Care to build a case for it?

The hard truths of today’s Scotland and Britain is that there are a lot of socioeconomic and cultural issues that make folk feel downtrodden. Cynical politicians can all too easily exploit this to offer simple answers to complex problems. Nationalists of all stripes love this. And they love to play up false divisions, especially amongst those who don’t stop to think. I’ve lived in a variety of places in Scotland and in the U.K. I’ve felt at home in all including in England. I recognise that Scotland is part of a larger union and that I have more in common with my neighbours than with anyone else.

But, just as separatists like to hate the ‘other,’ unionists claiming to hate Scotland seem to me to be massively missing the point. Being a unionist is about being British, not English. Scotland is part of that union. You can’t be a unionist in my mind and claim to hate Scotland as you are then hating a big part of the union. And, from a political viewpoint, unionists claiming that they just want to be English and hate Scotland plays into the division that separatists want to spread. That is their politics, not ours.

Although it can be easy to perceive everything through the narrow lens of separatist politics, Scotland is not really all that much about that. Our club is under threat from a small cabal but even that has little to do with the nation picture. For all that i’m sure many politicians dislike us, very few of any stripe have actually hurt us. And the one very prominent guy who does doesn’t mean that all are tarred.

I love the nations of my birth. Scotland and Britain. And Europe for that matter. Scotland’s people are friendly and witty, Glaswegians in particular. Our country is beautiful, especially the west coast. Our festivals are renowned worldwide. There is a fair argument that Auld Lang Syne is the best known song in the world. We are liked internationally. Tell anyone you are Scottish and it usually raises a smile and a chat. Our food and drink can be amazing in the right places and discovering those places is a lot of fun. Our history is storied and, though many parts of those stories are in opposition to England, much of recent history is the greatness we have achieved together as well. Equally, I love the quirks of Cornwall, the resilience of the English north and fact that London would be one of the only cities that could be considered a capital of the planet. If you don’t like what Scotland is today then fine. But don’t glory in it. Instead mourn the loss of what you loved and fight to get it back

Being a unionist is about being British, not English. Scotland is part of that union. You can’t be a unionist in my mind and claim to hate Scotland as you are then hating a big part of the union. And, from a political viewpoint, unionists claiming that they just want to be English and hate Scotland plays into the division that separatists want to spread.
Fair response, SA, excluding the above. Still suspect you're a nat.

Quite interesting that those that think it's marvellous immediately look to those that don't agree and question their opinion.

Which reminds me of Sturgeon and the like.

Respect that some may not share your view. No need for you're "I know best" Patronising bollocks.

See those who are saying 'the people'? How do you square that with the elected government and the representatives sent to Westminster? Doesn't that prove there are more hard of thinking, gullible phukwits here than not?

Roads for motorcycling. Hear lots of people on YouTube say they think it's of the best countries for it in the world, and I wouldn't argue.

Outstanding country and weirdly friendly. You have to keep up with the selfdepreciation and humour, especially Glasgow.

The music scene, art, history, the buildings, the deep rooted football culture and not forgetting our Asian friends supplying the food.

There is still so much of Scotland I want to see but the current climate of absolute fuckwits is making me hate the country more each passing day.
Kills me to say that as well but that’s what these scum have done

Wee Nikla, magnificent Education, superb Health Service, first Class Police Scotland, a new much fairer tax system, and the biggest success story, the new bridge over the Fourth, that almost works. What's not to love about Scotland.

Historically it's an incredible country that's punched massively above its weight in terms of scientific, technological, social and artistic contributions to the world.

Now, it's a bitter, lazy hole of a place run by charlatans and crooks. The justice system is utterly destroyed, lives are ruined over tweets or bad songs, whilst cold-blooded murders are treated with kid gloves.

Back