The Betfred Scottish League Cup Final

punt punt punt ...all the livi do is play for 2nd ball .....let's do it Rangers .another alfie needs to be careful they will boot fcuk of him

Saintees v Livvy just sounds so twee, handbags at twenty paces type of thing.

Keep this type of 'nickname' away from commentaries please.

Bartley marking rooney outwide is where the game was lost for livi. Midfield was all saints due to that.

Ahh right, you heard that from the commentator as well bigging him up for an award ? Maybe not out of the running for manager of the year (2021) but I guess out of the running for manager of the season. :))
No never watched any of it. Just that the media have been in over drive because he win a few games and got to a cup final after winning a couple of games in charge. Hopefully the love in for him will now stop

i posted on someones facebook that i was getting dementia just by watchin it, no wonder scottish football is in such a state when they actually defend it, which is what he did.....worst game of football ive subjected my eyes to, it was simply horrific and terrifying for the future of our game

Suppose it’s all about opinions but I wouldn’t be keeping an eye on anyone that played in that game not one player is good enough for our bench or even squad.

Game was horrific with absolutely no quality.
Watched the last 30, it was as poor a game as I've watched for some time. No skill, no quality. Punt, header, header, header and another punt.

4 games without a win now, we play them on Wednesday then they go to Fir Park. Theyre lucky St Mirren have to play us and Dundee Utd have to play Celtc or bottom 6 would be a possibility if they lose those 2 games.
They will make top 6 and are comfortable enough . Today was the last big game of their season. Unless Livingston lose all 4 games they have left before the split which seems unlikely . 1 point gets them top 6

That was the classic example for hoofball. Dont recall a single moment of open passing play. Shocking advert for our game really.

Just about everything that's wrong with Scottish football on display there in one game.
They went through the whole talentless repertoire of, poor pass - contact - fall over - roll about - foul - repeat ad nauseum.
Unsubtle clogging, rugby tackles, shirt pulling, barging, obstruction and timewasting. To cap it off, a hopeless whistle happy referee who never got to grips with any of it.

Livingston just play the high ball and hope to collect the second ball. Like quite a few other teams in our league. They break up opposition possession by persistent niggling and fouling, usually ignored by many of our refs. Today was an example of two teams playing that way. It’s brutal to watch but their support don’t really care.

It is difficult to play passes through the midfield on their pitch, due to the quickness of the bounce coming off the plastic. Livingston just clear their lines and look for the second ball and any breaks.
They can't, don't change their style regardless of the surface

Livingston just play the high ball and hope to collect the second ball. Like quite a few other teams in our league. They break up opposition possession by persistent niggling and fouling, usually ignored by many of our refs. Today was an example of two teams playing that way. It’s brutal to watch but their support don’t really care.

Spot on

Saints player admitted that post game, they were concentrated on winning the 2nd ball

Excellent survey, Sir.

They will make top 6 and are comfortable enough . Today was the last big game of their season. Unless Livingston lose all 4 games they have left before the split which seems unlikely . 1 point gets them top 6
Theyve got Hibs to play as well who will be pushing for 3rd and Hamilton fighting for survival. I dont think its unrealistic that they could lose their 4 games before the split.

If Utd win their 2 games and Livingston lose 3 games heavily then the GD could be close as well so 1 point might not be enough.

Theyve got Hibs to play as well who will be pushing for 3rd and Hamilton fighting for survival. I dont think its unrealistic that they could lose their 4 games before the split.

If Utd win their 2 games and Livingston lose 3 games heavily then the GD could be close as well so 1 point might not be enough.
Perhaps but I reckon they just manage to scrap by . I hope they don’t so it rules out having to go back to that ground a 3rd time to get the 19/19 home and away. But I think the gap they currently have will just be enough

Watched the last 30, it was as poor a game as I've watched for some time. No skill, no quality. Punt, header, header, header and another punt.
Same. My eyes were bleeding. How often do the diddy clubs use OF spending power as a reason for not playing good football and hunkering down? What’s the excuse for this abomination? One thing they have to do is encourage football. First steo in that is referees getting rid of the hackers. You’d see silkier football in a Royal Marines v Paratroopers cup match.

So St Johnstone now officially the second most successful team in Scotland since our demise! Shows we still have plenty of work to do yet after the League is won.

Aberdeen fan I knew when Rangers were put into the bottom division said it was good news for Scottish football because Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs would get regular European football and more tv money so they'd be challenging Celtic.

That worked out well.

I thought Don Robertson was just another Rangers hater but watching the League Cup final I believe there is more to him than that, he's also a feckin' sh!t referee !!!

BTW just seen Calum Davidson at the end of the match giving David Martindale a hug, is that not a breach of Covid protocols ?
Martindale slipping a baggy in Calums pocket for later.

Party time, St Johnstone! Big party. Don’t stint on the celebrations.

Party right through Wednesday, please. ;)
Same Same Livingston, it is a great achievement to reach a national cup final on very limited resources with a brand new manger, it was hard work getting there, take a bow and rest on your laurels. :))

I'm joking of course, With Steven Gerrard it is about what we do, it's the Liverpool way ( just watched Souness on the Robbie Fowler podcast )

To Michael Stewart who regularly harps on about sticking to government guidelines during COVID.
Was it an essential journey for 4 people to travel to Glasgow and give their opinions on a football match ?

Back