The Board have reiterated that they back Pedro.

Public backing from the board isn't always what it seems though. How many times have we heard that and seen the manager booted shortly afterwards?

The next 4 or 5 games will decide his future for sure.

I know he wasn't sacked but we heard the same noises from the board in regards to Warburton.

I think he has until the Aberdeen games (asuming we dont have any disasters in the games prior to them), then even if he gets through them, if we are lagging behind 2nd place come the winter break then he will be gone then.

Basically he is on life support.

Depressing news if true.

We beat Kilmarnock, world beaters again until we lose another match to dross and then the cycle will continue in that manner.

The board for me, are no longer fit for purpose.

They don’t have the guts to admit they have made a right arse of this appointment and instead would rather see us stumble on whilst dropping points.

Last chance saloon then. Can't say the Board haven't been fair to him.

What irks is that last night Pedro admitted he has no idea how to create a winning mentality and has put the onus on the players. His players. It's inevitable how this will go and whilst only 6 points off, the season will be over by the time his last chance is utilised. We've written off seasons before and we'll do it again. I just hope the next man is the right appointment.

What irks is that last night Pedro admitted he has no idea how to create a winning mentality and has put the onus on the players. His players. It's inevitable how this will go and whilst only 6 points off, the season will be over by the time his last chance is utilised. We've written off seasons before and we'll do it again. I just hope the next man is the right appointment.

Agree, the board should not escape critiscm here but the one thing they have done is back him to do what he needed or identified that he needed.

My honest belief is Wednesday night could be the breaking point. He has came out with a very strong statement using the word "embarassed".

Rightly or wrongly in fan's opinions doesn't matter. The players will either react or he has lost them.

It's one or the other.

Depressing news if true.

We beat Kilmarnock, world beaters again until we lose another match to dross and then the cycle will continue in that manner.

The board for me, are no longer fit for purpose.

They don’t have the guts to admit they have made a right arse of this appointment and instead would rather see us stumble on whilst dropping points.

None of this does anything to suggest that the board are not fit for purpose. That is complete nonsense.

The worst that could be levelled at the board is that they possibly made a mistake appointing Pedro. The next 7 or 8 games will give us a much clearer idea of whether or not that is definitely the case.

I am deeply suspicious of those who try to whip up animosity towards a board that have anted up and put their money where their mouths are (along with the fans) to help rest us out of the hands of complete chancers, alleged criminals in some cases, and spivs. The motives of our current board are beyond reproach.

You might question their footballing judgement, but not their motives or intentions for the club.

Hopefully thats not the height of our ambition.

I'd would rather go for McInnes than the majority of the names mentioned. I think he's exactly what we need, someone with a good knowledge of Scottish football that will come in make us hard to beat and get us winning.

Let's face it he's the best Scottish manager currently managing just now.

Talk of sacking Pedro is just that. Talk.

We have no idea who to replace him with for a start. New manager is going to want to build his own squad. I doubt we have the money for that. New manager means yet another rebuilding project and when that looks like failing what do we do next ?

We need a period of stability and more patience than most Bears have.

For sure Windass needs to join KM and get nowhere near a starting slot. We are all bitterly disappointed with Sunday but it's time to move on.
A reasonable post at last. There are some amount of roasters on this thread.
Thank feck they are not running the club. We'd be changing managers every 6 months.

We're becoming a laughing stock now. The board backed Pedro in the summer and we're currently 6 points behind Aberdeen and been knocked out a cup by Motherwell. I'm wondering what is it that some are seeing that even remotely suggests that we can go on a run of good results.

What is more true is the board is completely split

However, until King decides he’s done then he stays & King backs him for now

It’s untrue to say he has backing of the board because he doesn’t

A quick defeat in next two games & he is gone - that’s the reality

If he does go, it is imperative that we employ a strict Manager with tactical nous, who knows what they are doing and who will give it to the press both barrels.

What is more true is the board is completely split

However, until King decides he’s done then he stays & King backs him for now

It’s untrue to say he has backing of the board because he doesn’t

A quick defeat in next two games & he is gone - that’s the reality
My thoughts as well, apart from king hoping he chucks it to save money. Personally, Pedro is an issue, but for me a bigger issue is the board who I frankly don’t rate one bit.

How many of these "many poor results" have been with his own team and that have not been the result of diabolical refereeing decisions?
Lord above ...what about his tactics ..motivational frailties ..media utterings and general demeanor ?...Based on my observations of the above he should have punted months ago.

If we win tomorrow and Saturday, I think we'll go on that run. If we fail to win either then there will be too much pressure on both PC and the board and one of them will give.

Based on what, exactly? Why now, all of a sudden, would this fabled "run" happen? We looked as poor as we have done all season at points on Sunday

I've been waiting on the "run" since getting pumped out by Progres. Christ, we should release a commemorative DVD if it does happen

So Derek McInnes wasn’t a contender when Mark Warburton left. Instead we went for an unknown in Pedro Caixinha - well known to some as Pedro Mendes is his agent.

Why would we, when the time comes, look to appoint someone who wasn’t good enough back then, now. Nothing has changed in terms of Derek McInnes managerial ability.

I don’t think we will go for McInnes when Caixinha eventually leaves.

It was last chance saloon after Progres. I don't know what you call this period now.

The board have massively messed up with his appointment and need to be answerable to the fans. I'd honestly give Murty the job on a temporary basis until we identify the right man.

Of course the board is split, any honest Bear is torn either in favour or not in favour.

Despite the hysteria following Sunday's gut punch, Pedro isn't yet clearly failing and nor is clearly succeeding. I'm about 60/40 in favour of him staying and it wouldn't be a surprise if the board was that way too.

Rational people can see that there were outside agencies at work - ffs even the Tranny Wagger picked up on it and has used it to their benefit.

So Derek McInnes wasn’t a contender when Mark Warburton left. Instead we went for an unknown in Pedro Caixinha - well known to some as Pedro Mendes is his agent.

Why would we, when the time comes, look to appoint someone who wasn’t good enough back then, now. Nothing has changed in terms of Derek McInnes managerial ability.

The board will be reluctant to pay Aberdeen over a million, but rest assured, after two failed left-field appointments, it'll be a British manager who knows the club. Walter being appointed after PLG springs to mind.

Alex McLeish until (at least) the end of the season is my bet, though McInnes wouldn't the end of the world...

Eck, Pardew, Pedro and Rowett were the four “outstanding candidates” as Robertson put it

An uninspiring list if you’ve ever seen one.

Regarding McInnes, he has a release clause and Aberdeen wouldn’t be able to stand in our way.

We have the money to pay the release.

The board will be reluctant to pay Aberdeen over a million, but rest assured, after two failed left-field appointments, it'll be a British manager who knows the club. Walter being appointed after PLG springs to mind.

Alex McLeish until (at least) the end of the season is my bet, though McInnes wouldn't the end of the world...

£1m for McInnes if the rumours are true - %^*& that.

McLeish. That will go down well. The mans last 4/5 jobs have been a disaster.

Based on what, exactly? Why now, all of a sudden, would this fabled "run" happen? We looked as poor as we have done all season at points on Sunday

I've been waiting on the "run" since getting pumped out by Progres. Christ, we should release a commemorative DVD if it does happen

Based on the level of performance the team is capable of. Inconsistency is the mark of a new team, and that's what we've seen. I think (opinion) we can put a run together and these fixtures are ideal. If it doesn't happen, his time will be up regardless.

As of this morning. Obviously, poor results can bring swift decisions but he is being backed to go on a run in the league.

No doubt the pressure is on but there will be no sacking off the back of the semi. Falling away in the league would be a different story but that's true of any Rangers manager.

I think that's the correct decision given League standings so let's back the man and his players.
As of this morning. Obviously, poor results can bring swift decisions but he is being backed to go on a run in the league.

No doubt the pressure is on but there will be no sacking off the back of the semi. Falling away in the league would be a different story but that's true of any Rangers manager.

I think that's the correct decision given League standings so let's back the man and his players.
Still no response. If it was attention you were after then congratulations.

At the end of the day the board are going to do what they think makes most sense in business terms. We gain nothing from sacking Pedro right now and I assume they will be sounding out their options while giving him his last roll of the dice to get things clicking.

An interim manager makes absolutely zero sense unless we've got someone lined up to come in very quickly. Compound that with the fact that we absolutely, 100% must get the next appointment right if Pedro goes and the right candidate might not be readily available at the moment. I'd rather we stick with Pedro until the best possible option becomes available instead of rushing him out the door and getting someone in quickly.

For what it's worth, I think we've got a good squad (the glaring weakness at left-wing aside) and it won't take much to get us winning the vast majority of games. If Pedro can't manage it surely it won't be too difficult to find someone who can.

And a new manager would dictate who played,who didn't and the tactics. You also might find players could be coached to improve them. It seems to work across the city.

The problem we face is quite simple.
The players currently at the club,with a few exceptions are not of the required quality.
That's true under Pedro and will still be true if Pedro goes.

I’m sorry but the board clearly need to listen to the concerns of the fans.

The league is still salvagable...with the correct man at the helm and that for me, is never Pedro.

Can you imagine the guff he'd be coming out with if he was allowed to speak at the AGM?
Not just that, but you’d also have Graeme Park, Stewart Robertson and Andrew Dickson sitting beside him and they’d have to justify what exactly went through their minds when they decided Pedro (the manager of the 4th best team in Qatar) was the best candidate to be the Rangers manager. Even after the Warburton fiasco they then decided to offer Pedro and his staff 3 year contracts. What planet were they living on?!

They should be held accountable at this next AGM and hopefully the board will be asked if Robertson and Dickson will be pocketing their huge bonuses again for the year even after this latest disaster.

£1m for McInnes if the rumours are true - %^*& that.

McLeish. That will go down well. The mans last 4/5 jobs have been a disaster.

It's not a great list of candidates outwith McInnes though is it? As I said, it'll be someone who gets the club and knows Scottish football. McLeish springs out because he's available, knows the club and has had success in the past (and failure, mind).

Tommy Wright could be a good appointment. Has St. Johnstone punching above their weight, two top 4 finishes in a row and the Scottish Cup in 2014. Yes he hasn't won the title but he had no right to do any of the above with the resources he did have. And that's what it's about, a manager getting the best out of the team of players he has. He'd get us second place for sure, any further I'm not convinced.

I think they’ll wait on him to walk.

There’s only so much grace that you can give to a Rangers manager who cannot win three games in a row.

The fans will dictate his future anyway, not the board.
I agree if the fans vote by not turning up he is gone for sure.

I’m sorry but the board clearly need to listen to the concerns of the fans.

The league is still salvagable...with the correct man at the helm and that for me, is never Pedro.

The last thing the board needs to do in this instance is listen to the concerns of the fans, we have no idea what the implications of getting rid of Pedro now are and even more importantly we have no idea if the 'correct man' is available now, or in January or in the summer.

As much as this club is hugely important to all of us, it's a business first and foremost. The best move for the business is the best move for the club.

No, you're absolutely right.

I have no idea what Pedro's contract exit costs would be, but I do have an idea what has been publicly disclosed in the press about McInnes' release clause (who seems to be the darling of FF as the chosen replacement). Add to that the salary of the new manager, the salaries of the new backroom team, the release costs of the old backroom team, the possible cost of players that a new manager would want to bring in, and the millions just rack up and up. However, I agree that I have absolutely no idea what is in Pedro's contract regarding dismissal.

I don't think I'm a million miles away with the other inevitable costs I've identified, though, do you?
Like you I have no idea. I am not including costs of new players as obviously there will be a budget in January anyway.

Precisely. Either I've made it up for internet points or I've been told it's the position. Or I'm Dave King.

Your call.
Going on the plethora of previous bs itk posts I'll wait for something a bit more concrete then if that's the case.

Back