The board members

I feel at the moment the management appointment will cause uproar they're waiting till the agm is out of the way before the make the appointment and stick their fingers in their ears

Does anyone have an actual clue to what’s going on with our manager search? From Pedro going on about leakes all the time to it being watertight!

McInnes has clearly never been considered, which I am glad about, as I don’t rate him. What were the board thinking appointing Pedro FFS! In a era of lots of lows it been a long time since I’ve felt this low!

It’s only watertight if there is something to leak....maybe we are just an empty vessel with a hole in the bottom...

The Silence is brutal, so much fir transparency
unless something big is working away in the background that we cant be told about just yet then the board are in for a rough ride on Thursday.

What do you want them to say?

They're not going to admit in public that they either can't afford their top targets or haven't had any interest from anybody of the required ability.

What can the club offer a genuinely good manager at this point in time?

5 weeks, back to back defeats against bottom teams and probably another to Aberdeen.
An AGM were people will ask about the pies and Rini Gattusi rather than why have the board been so fooking hopeless and can’t appoint a decent manager.

It isn’t what the club needs but the board’s inactivity and its ineptitude is going to force away large numbers of the support away.

They're not going to admit in public that they either can't afford their top targets or haven't had any interest from anybody of the required ability.

We are like the exact opposite of the Man United job post Ferguson....in some ways this is the best possible time to take over- you can only look good in comparison to what has gone before?

One of the problems when the board don't say anything, people fill it with their opinions both positive and negative.

So in light of that, my speculation is that i think we'll get an answer on the management front this week, especially on the back of two bad results, the AGM on Thursday and King back in the country.

They've fucking failed us.

Chucked the season in the bin by end of October!!

Spend a small fortune following my team home and away, im fucking scunnered with it.

I hope the fans absolutely roast the board at the AGM on Thursday.

This isn’t good enough. When the board got control, king spoke very strongly about transparency for the supporters. This has not been the case at all.
I really hope they are made aware of this and how bitterly angry the fans are with them now.

Totally scunnered!!!!

I’d expect a traynor statement at some point today
Can't see it to be honest,even if he did it'd be some mealy mouthed claptrap anyhow. As a poster above says,I think it'll be the usual silence till the AGM,get that out the way then totally underwhelm us with whoever gets the managers job...sadly.

I hate to say this but if they genuinely could afford to get a replacement in then Pedro should not have been punted. Surely it’s not a case of finances but the decision makers making sure they are in agreement first. Oh that and someone actually wanting to take on this shower of feckless pricks to manage.

We’ve had 2 sentences from the Board since Pedro went. 2 sentences.

Should we not have Robertson doing an interview and giving a proper update? Maybe even mention a timeline as to what we expect or reasons for chucking the season in October. I shelled out almost a thousand pounds not long ago and I’ve seen us win once. They should be ashamed. This appointment better be good.

I want them to update the support on how close we are to an appointment, silence is not an option, as for what we can offer, we are one of the biggest clubs in the UK hence the reason why we have had over 150 applications, the AGM should be interesting.

We’ve had 2 sentences from the Board since Pedro went. 2 sentences.

Should we not have Robertson doing an interview and giving a proper update? Maybe even mention a timeline as to what we expect or reasons for chucking the season in October. I shelled out almost a thousand pounds not long ago and I’ve seen us win once. They should be ashamed. This appointment better be good.
Robertson is useless mate.
He should be the first out of the door.

I fear that either the board cannot agree on a new manager or we can't afford the ones we wanted to consider.

I wonder if the board hoped Murty would do enough to get them to the AGM and get Res 11 passed and try to get new money in before appointing a new manager.

Sadly we are well past that point and something needs to be done now. The board need to sort this mess, and quickly.

I hope the fans absolutely roast the board at the AGM on Thursday.

This isn’t good enough. When the board got control, king spoke very strongly about transparency for the supporters. This has not been the case at all.
I really hope they are made aware of this and how bitterly angry the fans are with them now.

Totally scunnered!!!!

The fans won't roast the board . The AGM always, always ends up with people filling the time with questions about the most unimportant things - almost as if it's staged sometimes to avoid the real issues .

The board will be applauded in to their seats- I guarantee it.

The board backed Pedro with between 8-10 million and therefore they can't be blamed for putting money in to the club. However, they have had some monumental f uck ups which is now coming back to bite them.
Pedros appointment , taking there time recruiting a new manager is now unraveling all the good will of the past three years.

The idea the board are winging it until the AGM in the hope res.11 passes doesn’t wash with me - the heat they’re going to take turning up on Thursday without a manager in place is going to be intense, and the alternative notion that they’ve been waiting until then to unveil him sounds like a cheap publicity stunt (sacrificed six points just so they can pull a rabbit out a hat?!).

The likely scenario is as it's always been - that the board can’t reach a consensus on who the new manager is going to be, possibly due to financial complications behind the scenes.

I think events have overtaken them sadly. They're now facing the reality of no appropriate CVs arriving, no cash for top targets, losing Del Mc, and being knocked back by other targets...they're stuck imho.

Rangers Observer will probably publish an article telling the fans we’ve forgotten that the board got rid of the Ashley today.

I want them to update the support on how close we are to an appointment, silence is not an option, as for what we can offer, we are one of the biggest clubs in the UK hence the reason why we have had over 150 applications, the AGM should be interesting.

Over 150 applications yet we still don’t have a manager. It takes a couple days to sieve through applications and make a shortlist and it’s been weeks either sumcunt is telling porkies or we’re totally fuckin inept at dealing with the situation, both are a fuckin joke regardless.

As discussed this should have been dealt with during the international break now we’re even worse off and the fans are starting to turn. How a club don’t have a shortlist of managers before sacking one is beyond me everyone and their granny could see how the appointment of Pedro was going yet no one thought we should maybe think ahead here lads just incase. The board need to step the fućk up pronto!

Over 150 applications yet we still don’t have a manager. It takes a couple days to sieve through applications and make a shortlist and it’s been weeks either sumcunt is telling porkies or we’re totally fuckin inept at dealing with the situation, both are a fuckin joke regardless.

As discussed this should have been dealt with during the international break now we’re even worse off and the fans are starting to turn. How a club don’t have a shortlist of managers before sacking one is beyond me everyone and their granny could see how the appointment of Pedro was going yet no one thought we should maybe think ahead here lads just incase. The board need to step the fućk up pronto!
Couldn't agree more, a shambles and getting worse daily.

I hope the shareholders at the AGM let the board members know they are not happy and questions need answered and certain people need replaced as they are obviously incompetent at doing there jobs. We are a total shambles.

Robertson is useless mate.
He should be the first out of the door.
With you on that big time. He is in charge of the day to day running of the club and it is shambolic. As Managing Director his head should roll, and roll quickly and as far away as possible.

We need winners, not good guys. I couldn’t care how horrible or hated our board were, so long as they delivered results.

Nobody knows whats going on ,the board have hung Murty out to dry and they are away in hiding ,not a peep,nothing .

I’ve a feeling when it comes to the season ticket pitch for next season more than a few bears might think twice ,fu ck knows how this AGM is going to go ,they have left it so long that it HAS to be a decent appointment,if is not then the board are in for a very bumpy ride .

I agree, iv defended the board when iv felt necessary but they've made an arse of this season.

The thing is they actually backed Pedro in the summer but thats turned out to be the problem.

They picked the wrong man & we're stuck with his rejects. I'm still convinced a big part of hiring Pedro was to tap into the Mexican market & get international players cheaper, a risk that hasn't payed off.

The AGM couldn't of come at a worse time for the board, their going to get roasted.

I’ve backed them and defended them when I felt they received excessive criticism.

However, they really owe all season ticket holders an apology for taking their money and effectively throwing the season.
I said this months ago on here and got slaughtered. The goodwill has run out now. It's not just the football (The Most Important Factor) The whole club is a shambles. My local junior team is run better. Sadly, I think we are in this mes for a number of seasons, unless £££M is invested. Who's going to invest in this country and game?

I have very rarely booed a Rangers team off the field but found myself doing so last night. The anger from the fans towards the players and directors is now becoming more vociferous every game. I take no satisfaction for my actions but neither will I apologise. Scunnered spending money and time following to be let down repeatedly.
Back for more on Wednesday night.

I said the same on another thread a few days ago and got slated. Basically it’s becoming obvious that we are skint and rudderless. Yes we are grateful for what the board have done in the past but under any other circumstances we would be hounding them out the door. Yet another season over befor Xmas.

BF says pretty much the same and gets hounded. However he is correct . The board are taking us for mugs

Like the OP,I've defended them many a time and could at least see what they were trying to do-even with Pedro.

For us not to have a manager a month down the line with little to no communication as to why is simply not acceptable.Unless Antonio f.ucking Conte is at the Ibrox staircase tomorrow they deserve all that's coming their way imo now.

We have a Board who have the best interest of the Club at heart. Whether this makes them competent is another question.
I think I'm right in saying that most, quite rightly don't take any money out of the Club.
However Robertson will be on a good wage and has shown nothing that he actually earns it.

The board don’t know how to run a football club. All good guys, but sadly they don’t have a clue.
It's starting to become apparent, that they're as out of their depth, as the players and the previous three managers have been. Quite simply, this club is not fit for purpose at playing, managerial or boardroom level. That's not an easy thing to type.

We have a Board who have the best interest of the Club at heart. Whether this makes them competent is another question.
I think I'm right in saying that most, quite rightly don't take any money out of the Club.
However Robertson will be on a good wage and has shown nothing that he actually earns it.
Really...?

I’ve backed them and defended them when I felt they received excessive criticism.

However, they really owe all season ticket holders an apology for taking their money and effectively throwing the season.

They are too busy building effing bridges

You will find that people in power like they are,are too proud to do so.

Back