The Boards Silence: Knickers in a Twist Edition

In the 10+ years I have posted on FF, I have come to realise that some posters do not want the board to take action, they just want the board to be publicly SEEN to be taking action.

For example, we may well be silently sorting the whole thing out but plenty will get their knickers in a twist because they aren't being told about it.
The key word here mate is may. Let's face it you may be guessing you may be right.

Would it be too much to get our PR team to get trusted podders / social media Bears to disseminate a message:

A) We’re on it p and we’re not letting this lie.

B) It’s done, Doncaster’s getting his / Peter’s way.

I might be in the minority, but it’s pretty important to me that Rangers fight fire with fire at every turn from now, and the includes challenging the legitimacy of Doncaster’s hideous null & void ( make CeItic league champions ) facade.

That being said, I still have faith in Douglas Park, I hope it’s not misplaced.

Seems very straightforward to me. We aren't making progress on this without the support of the other clubs. We've made a small dent but that's it.

We've all seen the Rangers legal advice and the Thistle stuff and read what Hearts case is. Not one of those clubs has chosen to take the case to Court. That suggests to me that, quite simply, the chances of success are not as favourable as many on here believe. The Rangers advice, for example, said we had a 'reasonably good' chance. Believe me, I've read many Barristers letters and that is not a description that fills you with confidence. A 'good chance' would be better or a 'very good chance' better again. 'Reasonably good' is at the weak end of the scale.

Stewart Robertson pretty much told us last night we need to move on or words to that effect.

I'm a huge supporter of our board and they deserve huge praise for what they have done over the last 4 years. They are on a hiding to nothing here though, we have a fan base desperate for trophy's yet we are up against a team who have double our wage budget and a big squad with quality in depth. On top of that said club also pretty much runs the game up here right down to the shady 'compliance officer' system which is open to abuse.

Sorry but what we have witnessed for the last few months is a shit stain on the integrity of our game. The board said 'we would not be found wanting' 'the status quo cannot hold' and a few other wee sound bites.

Is it too much to ask a few weeks after the resolution 'we knew would fail' for an update either way? A simple short and to the point statement calling out the mess the game is in and the fact that the SPFL worked back from Celtic being crowned champions? Even a simple 'the club will now be focusing on the new season for the moment would at least be honest and put to bed any notion that we are working on something in private.

You really must be able to see that many many Bears are furious we appear to just be shrugging our shoulders and saying 'oh well we tried our best, give us money for season tickets and a new strip'

We need a line drawn under it one way or another.

Seems very straightforward to me. We aren't making progress on this without the support of the other clubs. We've made a small dent but that's it.

We've all seen the Rangers legal advice and the Thistle stuff and read what Hearts case is. Not one of those clubs has chosen to take the case to Court. That suggests to me that, quite simply, the chances of success are not as favourable as many on here believe. The Rangers advice, for example, said we had a 'reasonably good' chance. Believe me, I've read many Barristers letters and that is not a description that fills you with confidence. A 'good chance' would be better or a 'very good chance' better again. 'Reasonably good' is at the weak end of the scale.

VB, you’ve posted some good stuff on this subject, do you think there is any scope for Rangers to pursue SPFL ltd / it’s directors / staff, via the civil courts?

In the 10+ years I’ve been on FF, I have come to realise that many posters naively seem to believe our board, from Craig Whyte to Stewart Robertson, are working towards some sort of masterplan.

There is always this narrative that we shouldn’t worry because the board are working away in the background and that us minions should stop criticising them as they know best etc. When the board finally release a statement those same posters come on and tell everyone ‘told you, this is the time etc’. However, when that statement is ignored and the board disappear, the same posters revert to telling everyone to stop criticising as the board knows best.

I don't where to start or try and articulate what I feel here.

I'm probably known as a critic of Murray, but I had the biggest hard on when he banned the filth from Ibrox back in April 1994.

I loved the club's statement in the wake of the Embra scum and their riots at Hampden the day after the SC final. But it turned out to be empty rhetoric.

As Mark Dingwall and I have discussed over the years. If the board ran the club properly, spoke up and defended us at every turn, we would never have had the need for a fanzine in the first place. A fanzine being a footballing Skegness. You know, the last resort.

The whole vision and culture at the club needs to change.
We need to set the narrative.
We need to take on and dismantle our haters and detractors.
We need to tell our support what rhags to buy (Which is NONE)
We need to inform the support not to vote Rangers hating scum into power.

It can be done if the will is there.

I have a seven y/o grandson right into us. I sincerely hope and don't want him to be, fifty years odd down the line as, burnt out as his grumps.

We stand for something.

Our club stands for something wonderful.

Tell that story till we die.

We don’t have to win .

Going to court allows us to explore everything that has transpired and put the likes of Doncaster on the spot and force him to answer the questions we want asked .

the mere threat of court action can force resignations or rethinks from the SPFL .

They’ve called our bluff and so far it looks like we have been found wanting .

I don't where to start or try and articulate what I feel here.

I'm probably known as a critic of Murray, but I had the biggest hard on when he banned the filth from Ibrox back in April 1994.

I loved the club's statement in the wake of the Embra scum and their riots at Hampden the day after the SC final. But it turned out to be empty rhetoric.

As Mark Dingwall and I have discussed over the years. If the board ran the club properly, spoke up and defended us at every turn, we would never have had the need for a fanzine in the first place. A fanzine being a footballing Skegness. You know, the last resort.

The whole vision and culture at the club needs to change.
We need to set the narrative.
We need to take on and dismantle our haters and detractors.
We need to tell our support what rhags to buy (Which is NONE)
We need to inform the support not to vote Rangers hating scum into power.

It can be done if the will is there.

I have a seven y/o grandson right into us. I sincerely hope and don't want him to be, fifty years odd down the line as, burnt out as his grumps.

We stand for something.

Our club stands for something wonderful.

Tell that story till we die.
Stay Strong Grumps (from a fellow Grandpa;))

Regards point number 4, do you really think the media will allow themselves to be used "tactically" to our advantage?

Haha. No. But they won't be in a position NOT to report it. Just look at Tom English of all people in the last farce. Corruption at the top is a juicy story... And there are journalists with enough integrity to try and shine a light on it. Not many... But perhaps enough.

Regardless there will be a media storm that our staff/players will be fully prepared for that might knock others off their game.

Could you please explain this 'playing the long game here' theory to the hard of thinking here.

A possible £30m in CL monies (your figures) puts them once again over the hills and far away. (Again, this war chest is down to their media fluffers)

So explain this long game stuff, cos I ain't getting it.

Ask a centre back to shoot from his own half without any build up, you ain't gonna score.

You need to get into the right position and at the right time or you will look stupid.

The board shouldn't have done what they did if they ever believed we needed support from other clubs to get anywhere. We are loathed by 50% of the other teams in Scotland, and disliked by the rest. The ones who 'supported' us in our hard stance were being fucked over, it had nothing to do with fairness or integrity.

To therefore start the process of calling for suspensions, talking about legal improprieties, etc. without the plan to take it further on our own was utterly ridiculous.

So unless the board are still planning to take it further alone, it has been a complete waste of time and another false dawn. If they are, then I will be one of the happiest on here. Currently I'm pessimistic in the extreme.

VB, you’ve posted some good stuff on this subject, do you think there is any scope for Rangers to pursue SPFL ltd / it’s directors / staff, via the civil courts?

I'm no legal expert - though I worked alongside a Barrister for 4 years or so many moons ago. I have an understanding of how carefully they choose each and every word in their advice.

As we've seen from the published Rangers and Thistle legal advice there is a case to be answered. Its not that simple though. Its an expensive process, especially if you lose, and then there's the added fallout from the public humiliation of losing - if that's what happens. Put simply, my belief is that the legal advice, particularly in Rangers case, pointed to no better than a 50/50 chance of success. Its easy for us on here to say that's a worthwhile gamble but we aren't the ones with the chequebook out. Furthermore, with Hearts and Thistle (and Stranraer), being the clubs with a direct and provable disadvantage as a result of what's gone on I'd say they have the stronger case. If Hearts don't get reconstruction - or compensation - then Budge may well consider it worth the gamble. I suspect, though, that we won't be seeing any of the SPFL Executive in a Courtroom any time soon though.:(

In the 10+ years I’ve been on FF, I have come to realise that many posters naively seem to believe our board, from Craig Whyte to Stewart Robertson, are working towards some sort of masterplan.

There is always this narrative that we shouldn’t worry because the board are working away in the background and that us minions should stop criticising them as they know best etc. When the board finally release a statement those same posters come on and tell everyone ‘told you, this is the time etc’. However, when that statement is ignored and the board disappear, the same posters revert to telling everyone to stop criticising as the board knows best.

You might have been feeling that for 10 years. But since the board has seen more changes than a game of boggle in that time, let's give the brand new one some time eh?

The board shouldn't have done what they did if they ever believed we needed support from other clubs to get anywhere. We are loathed by 50% of the other teams in Scotland, and disliked by the rest. The ones who 'supported' us in our hard stance were being fucked over, it had nothing to do with fairness or integrity.

To therefore start the process of calling for suspensions, talking about legal improprieties, etc. without the plan to take it further on our own was utterly ridiculous.

So unless the board are still planning to take it further alone, it has been a complete waste of time and another false dawn. If they are, then I will be one of the happiest on here. Currently I'm pessimistic in the extreme.

Entirely agree with this, as I've said before, a blind man could see that we were never winning a vote for an Independent investigation.

We ain’t going any further with this and people who think we’re going legal are going to be bitterly disappointed.
Correct but at least we tried.I have been hard on the previous board but I think there comes a time when we need to focus on surviving this and also on the park. I don’t think going legal guarantees a win but it definitely guarantees less cash and a huge side show.

I'm no legal expert - though I worked alongside a Barrister for 4 years or so many moons ago. I have an understanding of how carefully they choose each and every word in their advice.

As we've seen from the published Rangers and Thistle legal advice there is a case to be answered. Its not that simple though. Its an expensive process, especially if you lose, and then there's the added fallout from the public humiliation of losing - if that's what happens. Put simply, my belief is that the legal advice, particularly in Rangers case, pointed to no better than a 50/50 chance of success. Its easy for us on here to say that's a worthwhile gamble but we aren't the ones with the chequebook out. Furthermore, with Hearts and Thistle (and Stranraer), being the clubs with a direct and provable disadvantage as a result of what's gone on I'd say they have the stronger case. If Hearts don't get reconstruction - or compensation - then Budge may well consider it worth the gamble. I suspect, though, that we won't be seeing any of the SPFL Executive in a Courtroom any time soon though.:(

I will disagree strongly with your post .

law is split into two distinct fields in Scotland - criminal and civil .

In layman’s terms criminal law looks at proof “beyond reasonable doubt” . Civil action looks at “balance of probabilities” which is set lower than criminal trials . 50/50 is favourable . But lawyers don’t have sliding scales . They will try their best by a client and failing that will go to trial .

If we lose we have recourse to the inner house of the court of session and then the UK Supreme Court if necessary .

we don’t need to wait on hearts , thistle etc to raise our own action if we feel the actions of the SPFL have affected us or they have acted inappropriately . We can raise an action on our own .

yes , costs can be expensive . But so can independent investigations and we were willing to pay for one .

civil actions are better as we can ask questions and they must answer so we could get answers to things like bullying , Dundee’s vote , null and void etc

If we were ever going to take the SPFL to court , now is the time

I will disagree strongly with your post .

law is split into two distinct fields in Scotland - criminal and civil .

In layman’s terms criminal law looks at proof “beyond reasonable doubt” . Civil action looks at “balance of probabilities” which is set lower than criminal trials . 50/50 is favourable . But lawyers don’t have sliding scales . They will try their best by a client and failing that will go to trial .

If we lose we have recourse to the inner house of the court of session and then the UK Supreme Court if necessary .

we don’t need to wait on hearts , thistle etc to raise our own action if we feel the actions of the SPFL have affected us or they have acted inappropriately . We can roast an action on our own .

yes , costs can be expensive . But so can independent investigations and we were willing to pay for one .

civil actions are better as we can ask questions and they must answer so we could get answers to things like bullying , Dundee’s vote , null and void etc

If we were ever going to take the SPFL to court , now is the time

There's nothing in your post I wasn't already aware of mate.

We aren't going to Court. I know it, you know it and everybody else knows it. Our next move will be a vote of No Confidence as we start to see Scottish football fall apart before our eyes between now and the New Year.

To be honest I’m at the stage now where come back to me when we actually achieve something politically.

Twice we’ve called for McLennan’s head now and he’s still there. As far as I can see Doncaster and McKenzie are also still there, so for all our efforts we’ve actually achieved nothing.

Sure it was always going to take time, but I can’t help but feel we’ve just been put back in our box until the next time we make some noise and get nothing done.

As I said wake me up when we have something tangible to show for our effort, as right now it looks like once again we’ve been slapped down.

To be honest I’m at the stage now where come back to me when we actually achieve something politically.

Twice we’ve called for McLennan’s head now and he’s still there. As far as I can see Doncaster and McKenzie are also still there, so for all our efforts we’ve actually achieved nothing.

Sure it was always going to take time, but I can’t help but feel we’ve just been put back in our box until the next time we make some noise and get nothing done.

As I said wake me up when we have something tangible to show for our effort, as right now it looks like once again we’ve been slapped down.
There's nothing in your post I wasn't already aware of mate.

We aren't going to Court. I know it, you know it and everybody else knows it. Our next move will be a vote of No Confidence as we start to see Scottish football fall apart before our eyes between now and the New Year.

As far as I'm aware, two-thirds of Scottish Clubs are okay with Scottish Football falling apart.

That's the myopia we have to contend with.

We need to take the filth and their cohorts on relentlessly.

That'll be a first.

You might have been feeling that for 10 years. But since the board has seen more changes than a game of boggle in that time, let's give the brand new one some time eh?

The people running the club have been in place for 4 years. I’d hardly call that ‘brand new’.

So we've had advice that we have a " reasonable chance" which as another poster said equates to about a 50/50 chance. Well correct me if m wrong but that to me is the best odds we've had in the last 10yrs or so, so why didn't we take it?

If we have said we could have funded an Independent inquiry then that's money that could be used towards court costs and as reported yesterday about plans for Ed house and the sale of part of the Albion, then I would've preferred the money from the sale of that to go to court costs and take these shysters that are killing our game, down.

I'm of the mind there is no point in next season at all if the status quo remains. What's the point of even spending money this season on new players regardless of quality when we all know they will never be allowed to express themselves properly on the Scottish game and at the same time the team they play for are reffed and policed differently to every other team by the present sfa/spfl Scumtic cabal.

I'm totally scunnered with it now.
Are we now Scumtics bitches as well as all the rest? sure feels like it.

I agree completely with the OP. Look at the current state of things with the SPFL floundering around trying to get a 14 team top league in place without any interference or otherwise from us. Until reconstruction is settled or thrown out, there's no need for any action from us. If Hearts don't get what they want, they will surely be the first club to take action in which case we can keep our powder dry at present.
I'm still 100% confident that we'll take proper action when it's deemed appropriate
Will there not be some irony if Hearts take legal action when they have just unearthed the Messiah who is supposedly the saviour of Scottish Football.
Maybe irony wasnt the description I was looking for?

Im of the belief our board deal with their business professionaly and in the correct manner.

Unlike some we dont come out whinnng every 5 minutess but will realeae information as is meccesary.

Given the expense litigation costs these days would anyone go to court with the advice from a QC that your case has a Reasonable chance.
I wouldn't want Rangers to waste money on that and as I've said elsewhere we have the backing of NO ONE.

disagree. This board has twice now gone in aggressively demanding investigations and suspensions only to be ignored both times before we disappear and move on.
That’s completely the wrong strategy to have and allows our enemies the upper hand when we raise future complaints.

The board can’t start off demanding suspensions and telling supporters they have legal opinion in their favour only to get slapped by the footballing authorities then go quiet on the matter. The Board either puts up or shuts up. The last we heard from them on this matter was a wishy washy line stating ‘the status quo can’t continue’.

We’ve gone from demanding suspensions to making wishful statements. We’ve had our arse handed to us by the footballing authorities and I blame the board for that.
All This 100%! No need add more really. I wished it all was so wrong, but none of whats expressed here is.

Given the expense litigation costs these days would anyone go to court with the advice from a QC that your case has a Reasonable chance.

people do , everyday .

there are no guarantees with court action , but its not just about winning in our case . Its about asking questions of people like doncaster , Nelms etc .

Regarding all the "No chance of winning the league, it's pointless even trying", did people think that after having beaten them at their place. What was it, one point behind, with a game in hand, something like that.

Things fell apart after the winter break, losing to other teams. However I don't remember all the talk of no chance of winning the league at the start of January.

I see there are many on here active right now who seem disenfranchised about our boards perceived lack of action following the alligations of spfl corruption.

However, before we jump the gun and start critisizing (or even threatening withdrawing financial support to our current administration - don't get me started on this bonkers one!) might I get you all to consider a couple of things?

1. Our board put a lot into putting their head above the parapet. I dont buy that we have just ducked back down after our complaints about a corrupt vote were "settled" by a corrupt vote.

2. Consider how long it took us to draw up the initial dossier. Cases like this take time to build up.

3. Reconstruction: our main ally in any legal proceedings is hearts. For us to be openly disruptive throughout this difficult process will win us no friends, allies or sympathy in or out of the game. After reconstruction inevitably fails, our hand will be much strengthened with those teams who voted with us for an investigation still backing the concept. The media smears us enough without us painting a target on our own back by leaving ourselves open to claims of selfish, bitter litigation.

4. Timing. What is done is done for now. Like it or not, officially a title will need stripped if it is judges to have been awarded unfairly. It matters little whether that is now it later. Launching our attack at the start of the new season may get more press but also shine the light on referees and get into Celtics heads at an opportune point. Remember how the media were used tactically after our win in December? Remembers the outrageously delayed citing from the hi s game announced after what 2 weeks coincidentally the night before our first game back? Timing can be key, and 2 can play at that game.

The board have been playing a great game recently. Let's not lose faith simply because right now we don't know what they are doing.

Guaranteed, THE very last thing it will be is nothing!

I hope you're Stewart Robertson's gopher. I really do :D

Douglas Park really doesn’t strike me as a man to back down from a fight, same with Dave King.
I can only assume we took legal advice and were told that there wasn’t really much we could do, despite it looking so shady it’s ridiculous, it was in fact, legal.
Just because there was no illegality, does not mean there was no dismissable behaviour.

Could you please explain this 'playing the long game here' theory to the hard of thinking here.

A possible £30m in CL monies (your figures) puts them once again over the hills and far away. (Again, this war chest is down to their media fluffers)

So explain this long game stuff, cos I ain't getting it.

we cannot be reactive to everything that’s going on. We know they are corrupt, we know we have allies in this. Remember this was never about rangers alone...it was the clubs. We’re giving others time to speak and then returning to it when we are surer of the results. The SPFL are bricking it, that’s why they are trying to pressure for reconstruction. When it returns to only us vs the SPFL then it will be time to go legal. Corruption found...title can be stripped. Imagine them thinking they are going for 10 in a row to find their (*) ninth title gone in persuit of the 10th. Timplotion

Regarding all the "No chance of winning the league, it's pointless even trying", did people think that after having beaten them at their place. What was it, one point behind, with a game in hand, something like that.

Things fell apart after the winter break, losing to other teams. However I don't remember all the talk of no chance of winning the league at the start of January.

they conspired to cheat us out the league cup

they conspired to try to see us lose the December celtic* game and then sent off Alfie in the 95th minute of 4 minute of injury time

we have seen other dubious decisions go against us

They hand celtic* the league title , lawwell congratulates the SPFL on their work

The SPFL start bumming up the new season by talking about 10 in a row

the rangers haters remain in place having bent and broke their own rules and bullied teams into their way of thinking

at some point rangers are going to have to take a stand

we cannot be reactive to everything that’s going on. We know they are corrupt, we know we have allies in this. Remember this was never about Rangers alone...it was the clubs. We’re giving others time to speak and then returning to it when we are surer of the results. The SPFL are bricking it, that’s why they are trying to pressure for reconstruction. When it returns to only us vs the SPFL then it will be time to go legal. Corruption found...title can be stripped. Imagine them thinking they are going for 10 in a row to find their (*) ninth title gone in persuit of the 10th. Timplotion

lawwell and Doncaster back slapping each other and the SPFL talking about 10 in a row does not Smack of “bricking it” , quite the opposite imo

we do not require other teams to raise a civil case

they conspired to cheat us out the league cup

they conspired to try to see us lose the December celtic* game and then sent off Alfie in the 95th minute of 4 minute of injury time

we have seen other dubious decisions go against us

They hand celtic* the league title , lawwell congratulates the SPFL on their work

The SPFL start bumming up the new season by talking about 10 in a row

the Rangers haters remain in place having bent and broke their own rules and bullied teams into their way of thinking

at some point Rangers are going to have to take a stand

I know what you are saying and i'm not saying I disagree with you.

However I remember a lot of talk in early January that the league was going to be won, reaching the 55 etc.

The league cup had happened before that, the celtic game had happened before that, the sending off had happened before that.

I see there are many on here active right now who seem disenfranchised about our boards perceived lack of action following the alligations of spfl corruption.

However, before we jump the gun and start critisizing (or even threatening withdrawing financial support to our current administration - don't get me started on this bonkers one!) might I get you all to consider a couple of things?

1. Our board put a lot into putting their head above the parapet. I dont buy that we have just ducked back down after our complaints about a corrupt vote were "settled" by a corrupt vote.

2. Consider how long it took us to draw up the initial dossier. Cases like this take time to build up.

3. Reconstruction: our main ally in any legal proceedings is hearts. For us to be openly disruptive throughout this difficult process will win us no friends, allies or sympathy in or out of the game. After reconstruction inevitably fails, our hand will be much strengthened with those teams who voted with us for an investigation still backing the concept. The media smears us enough without us painting a target on our own back by leaving ourselves open to claims of selfish, bitter litigation.

4. Timing. What is done is done for now. Like it or not, officially a title will need stripped if it is judges to have been awarded unfairly. It matters little whether that is now it later. Launching our attack at the start of the new season may get more press but also shine the light on referees and get into Celtics heads at an opportune point. Remember how the media were used tactically after our win in December? Remembers the outrageously delayed citing from the hi s game announced after what 2 weeks coincidentally the night before our first game back? Timing can be key, and 2 can play at that game.

The board have been playing a great game recently. Let's not lose faith simply because right now we don't know what they are doing.

Guaranteed, THE very last thing it will be is nothing!
You raise really good and valid points. However, I can’t understand why we didn’t go to the ECAS the day after the initial SPFL vote. To be honest im as much concerned by them being gifted the title as I am with governance. There’s only so much we can achieve with that, especially with Liewell on the board now. You need a complete revision of the entire set up before we’ll get meaningful change. Getting ‘null and void’ would have opened the door to us getting CL football on account of the coefficient. It might not have come to pass but given the financial implications surely it was worth a shot. Any victory in a Scottish court would only ever see a re-vote which is likely to have a similar outcome, so I could understand if the club didn’t feel it was worth the cost. However, to ignore ECAS baffles me, and makes me fear we are more concerned about how we look, rather than stopping them get a £20M windfall to strengthen.

Sorry OP but the drama queens will always be drama queens.

There is also a whiff around some posts a desire to create a division between the board and the fans.

There is a lot of great positive work going on that we should be focusing on.

This has been an unwelcome and unforeseen distraction.

Not saying we just forget about this but we were never going to win this one.

What we have though is the ear of a number of clubs whom we previously thought would go against us no matter what - including Hearts and Aberdeen.

There are now genuine questions, information and doubts out there about the governance of the spfl and media folks are asking questions.

I get the impression some on here want to to see Scottish football dead and if that meant us going along with it then so be it.

I know what you are saying and i'm not saying I disagree with you.

However I remember a lot of talk in early January that the league was going to be won, reaching the 55 etc.

The league cup had happened before that, the celtic game had happened before that, the sending off had happened before that.

which , imo , played a huge part in our mental collapse post December .

Alfie went off the boil and maybe a league cup win would’ve given a group of trophyless players fresh impetus .

If we don’t confront this corruption we better get used to playing second fiddle in a Celtic hegemony

We can’t just let this slide - no matter the cost. This is a question of pride. If we back down on this, I believe that Doncaster and his ilk will be there for the long term.

Last edited:
Don’t see how any of this can go any further from our club’s point of view. Ultimately the dossier was weak. Would take a massive concerted effort by the majority of SPFL member clubs to topple the regime. That ship has sailed when we failed to get backing for the investigation.

I've not read many of the responses in this thread - it is important to me, but I've got responsibilities/commitments and insufficient time - so apols if someone else has posted same response.....

"How many times does it have to be said!? -

We had to raise a Members Motion calling for an Independent Enquiry (even though we knew it wouldn't win) because 'our case' would never have got to court as we 'had not taken Recourse available to us'.

The logical, and I imagine necessary, step after that would be to write to the SFA requesting that they intervene 'before we take legal action'. We don't know if that secondary action has been taken, and whilst it would have been nice if we had written an Open Letter, it would not have been the right method, so it would have been a private letter. We can only speculate on the SFA's response, if indeed there was any, as I think the club would not think it appropriate to inform fans publicly.

The people running the club have been in place for 4 years. I’d hardly call that ‘brand new’.

Aye. And it's not like they have had anything to do in that time. No internal issues that might have had to be sorted out first or anything. Or a retail deal that could only be described as having the club by the balls? No, you're right. Incompetent bafoons have been wasting their time and letting us down in the process!

Both Wilson and Robertson have told us to move on publicly. The club have remained absolutely silent on why they agreed the season can't be completed.

I'd love to know where the optimism that the 'board will not let us down' comes from because to many, they've been 'found wanting.'
Having listened to Wilson this morning I fear you are right. Which makes it even more sickening the club didn’t act immediately. I feel suckered into believing we had a strategy when it was nothing more than hollow words as usual. I think we maybe need to face the cold hard fact that Rangers, both club and fans, no longer have the bottle for a fight. This is extremely sad because I can remember a time when we stood shoulder to shoulder and no one dared mess with us on or off the park.

I've not read many of the responses in this thread - it is important to me, but I've got responsibilities/commitments and insufficient time - so apols if someone else has posted same response.....

"How many times does it have to be said!? -

We had to raise a Members Motion calling for an Independent Enquiry (even though we knew it wouldn't win) because 'our case' would never have got to court as we 'had not taken Recourse available to us'.

The logical, and I imagine necessary, step after that would be to write to the SFA requesting that they intervene 'before we take legal action'. We don't know if that secondary action has been taken, and whilst it would have been nice if we had written an Open Letter, it would not have been the right method, so it would have been a private letter. We can only speculate on the SFA's response, if indeed there was any, as I think the club would not think it appropriate to inform fans publicly.

If you read my post you'd see that I was clear that I'll be happy if the club are pushing this on alone. But I'm far from convinced that they are, and that's the problem. Sure, we could just wait and see and tell ourselves that they're working on it all behind the scenes. But once you've lived through what we have, trust in the face of silence goes out the window. I am not saying I am expecting an open letter to the SFA, or court action to be started tomorrow. What I *am* saying, is that without any indication from the club to the contrary, it looks like we've backed down. And if that's the case, then it was a waste of everyone's time starting it in the first place.

Back