The Boards Silence: Knickers in a Twist Edition

Bangersbc

I see there are many on here active right now who seem disenfranchised about our boards perceived lack of action following the alligations of spfl corruption.

However, before we jump the gun and start critisizing (or even threatening withdrawing financial support to our current administration - don't get me started on this bonkers one!) might I get you all to consider a couple of things?

1. Our board put a lot into putting their head above the parapet. I dont buy that we have just ducked back down after our complaints about a corrupt vote were "settled" by a corrupt vote.

2. Consider how long it took us to draw up the initial dossier. Cases like this take time to build up.

3. Reconstruction: our main ally in any legal proceedings is hearts. For us to be openly disruptive throughout this difficult process will win us no friends, allies or sympathy in or out of the game. After reconstruction inevitably fails, our hand will be much strengthened with those teams who voted with us for an investigation still backing the concept. The media smears us enough without us painting a target on our own back by leaving ourselves open to claims of selfish, bitter litigation.

4. Timing. What is done is done for now. Like it or not, officially a title will need stripped if it is judges to have been awarded unfairly. It matters little whether that is now it later. Launching our attack at the start of the new season may get more press but also shine the light on referees and get into Celtics heads at an opportune point. Remember how the media were used tactically after our win in December? Remembers the outrageously delayed citing from the hi s game announced after what 2 weeks coincidentally the night before our first game back? Timing can be key, and 2 can play at that game.

The board have been playing a great game recently. Let's not lose faith simply because right now we don't know what they are doing.

Guaranteed, THE very last thing it will be is nothing!

I see there are many on here active right now who seem disenfranchised about our boards perceived lack of action following the alligations of spfl corruption.

However, before we jump the gun and start critisizing (or even threatening withdrawing financial support to our current administration - don't get me started on this bonkers one!) might I get you all to consider a couple of things?

1. Our board put a lot into putting their head above the parapet. I dont buy that we have just ducked back down after our complaints about a corrupt vote were "settled" by a corrupt vote.

2. Consider how long it took us to draw up the initial dossier. Cases like this take time to build up.

3. Reconstruction: our main ally in any legal proceedings is hearts. For us to be openly disruptive throughout this difficult process will win us no friends, allies or sympathy in or out of the game. After reconstruction inevitably fails, our hand will be much strengthened with those teams who voted with us for an investigation still backing the concept. The media smears us enough without us painting a target on our own back by leaving ourselves open to claims of selfish, bitter litigation.

4. Timing. What is done is done for now. Like it or not, officially a title will need stripped if it is judges to have been awarded unfairly. It matters little whether that is now it later. Launching our attack at the start of the new season may get more press but also shine the light on referees and get into Celtics heads at an opportune point. Remember how the media were used tactically after our win in December? Remembers the outrageously delayed citing from the hi s game announced after what 2 weeks coincidentally the night before our first game back? Timing can be key, and 2 can play at that game.

The board have been playing a great game recently. Let's not lose faith simply because right now we don't know what they are doing.

This sort of stuff reminds me of those weirdo doomsday cults. Doomsday is coming, oh it's coming, it's just around the corner, you better believe it, right this is it now, doomsday is next week.

Next week comes and doomsday doesn't. It's coming soon, oh it's coming, it's just it's just around the corner, you better believe it.

We need allies to topple them, we shone a light on them and all the cockroaches came into play to save their cabal. Everyone now knows who they are. We were on our own, buy we managed to get almost a third of the club's to vote with us. Even the slant eyed Japanese had to break cover. The next SPFL board nominations will be a test to see if the other clubs still have an appetite for real change.

100% bang on. We’re playing the long game here and need to give our allies the chance to fight their corner. We can’t be the loudest kid in the class here. I’m sure Budge/Hearts think it’s doomed to failure anyway, but must try on behalf of their fans. When this fails to pass a joint legal fight will be launched. Hearts will lead this legal fight with Rangers supporting. Remember Hearts have been dealt the sh*ttier hand here and have been demoted...they stand to be financially diminished and ejected. No club should have benefitted or lost as a result of this pandemic, it was no ones fault it occurred, however as usual Lieswell/Celtic FC use the opportunity to engage their puppets and guarantee the possibility of £30million CL entry. Here’s hoping they fail in the qualifiers.

I agree completely with the OP. Look at the current state of things with the SPFL floundering around trying to get a 14 team top league in place without any interference or otherwise from us. Until reconstruction is settled or thrown out, there's no need for any action from us. If Hearts don't get what they want, they will surely be the first club to take action in which case we can keep our powder dry at present.
I'm still 100% confident that we'll take proper action when it's deemed appropriate

Although we can never know for sure, I’d guess you’re right. I’m sure there are reasons for our apparent inactivity and what you say is a reasonable explanation which more in faith I have suspected myself.

Agree with the OP. Timing is key. I obviously have no idea what the strategy is, but I'll be surprised if the cabal at the top of our game remains intact and in place this time next year.

disagree. This board has twice now gone in aggressively demanding investigations and suspensions only to be ignored both times before we disappear and move on.
That’s completely the wrong strategy to have and allows our enemies the upper hand when we raise future complaints.

The board can’t start off demanding suspensions and telling supporters they have legal opinion in their favour only to get slapped by the footballing authorities then go quiet on the matter. The Board either puts up or shuts up. The last we heard from them on this matter was a wishy washy line stating ‘the status quo can’t continue’.

We’ve gone from demanding suspensions to making wishful statements. We’ve had our arse handed to us by the footballing authorities and I blame the board for that.

Douglas Park really doesn’t strike me as a man to back down from a fight, same with Dave King.
I can only assume we took legal advice and were told that there wasn’t really much we could do, despite it looking so shady it’s ridiculous, it was in fact, legal.

Im sure we are simply adding to the already heavy dossier. The timing will be correct whenever that is.

An excellent post IMHO. I agree entirely.

OP is Bang on

You normally find that its people who get their daily high octane buzz or fix from social media ,we consume everything at 100mph these days ,we love short term high octane gratification...but it never lasts,its short term so we crave more and more ,i genuinely believe that people have this "condition" ,to them something no matter what is better than nothing just to get that short term buzz ,it tops up their tank

I hope you are right, OP.

Im not sure Hearts are quite on our side though, maybe as it suits them to be atm. Hearts will do what benefits them and if that means dropping all this for a place in the top flight or money or whatever then they will.

disagree. This board has twice now gone in aggressively demanding investigations and suspensions only to be ignored both times before we disappear and move on.
That’s completely the wrong strategy to have and allows our enemies the upper hand when we raise future complaints.

The board can’t start off demanding suspensions and telling supporters they have legal opinion in their favour only to get slapped by the footballing authorities then go quiet on the matter. The Board either puts up or shuts up. The last we heard from them on this matter was a wishy washy line stating ‘the status quo can’t continue’.

We’ve gone from demanding suspensions to making wishful statements. We’ve had our arse handed to us by the footballing authorities and I blame the board for that.
That may very well be true, IF we hear no more about it. The OP has suggested possible valid reasons why we haven’t progressed with legal action. We may be waiting for the Hearts situation to play out. We started out calling for suspensions and calling for an external investigation. We followed due process. We DID present a dossier of evidence why there should be one. We always knew the vote for the investigation would fail so I’m sure we haven’t put forward this case for the sole purpose of winning that vote. Legal action and presenting a case to win takes time and tactics. Part of those tactics may be to wait and see who will join us and the Hearts situation may be a reason for holding our fire for the moment. Frustrating though it is, there are plausible reasons for the apparent delay. Too early to get angry with the board quite yet, I think.

Pure bluster by us in our actions to date and now been put in our place. When the reconstruction debate has been resolved one way or another we must declare what we are intending if indeed anything to stop the ongoing guesswork.
If we are just going ti get on with the status quo for now then tell us

I. hope you are correct but I suspect reconstruction will be pushed through and that will satisfy Hearts , Partick and Stranraer leaving us isolated. I am not convinced we have a strong enough legal case without the support of the relegated clubs.

Douglas Park really doesn’t strike me as a man to back down from a fight, same with Dave King.
I can only assume we took legal advice and were told that there wasn’t really much we could do, despite it looking so shady it’s ridiculous, it was in fact, legal.

I really can’t see us doing nothing on this.Put it this way the SPFL are now living looking over their shoulder. I’d ideally like us to drop this when Celtic are being dragged through the courts in regards to the nonce allegations. The SPFL/tims alliance can’t fight on every front. The house of cards will be exposed and toppled. It’s one thing people lying in the press to cover others backs, it’s quite another the same people pergaring themselves in a court of law. The rats will scatter into the walls and will consume each other.

I actually thought that Partick's QC-analysed points would have been of better legal use for us than the Hearts complaints.

Sadly, Partick didn't seem to have the money nor appetite either for any court struggle.

Didn't mean that we couldn't have cherry-picked their best points mind.

Some of us said it at the time -- although it was great for us to be seen to be following every avenue to settle it all, we should have probably gone to court right away (if we had any intention of ever doing so).

Or, lacking that, made damned sure that EVERYBODY knew that we WOULD absolutely, defintely go to court.

Seems that the other clubs knew all along that we'd do nothing.
Which is also worrying in itself.

The players will be back to full time training soon no way are we launching legal action against the league in the middle of pre-season, this is over.

It was over the minute we voted for the league to be called 3 weeks after putting out a statement saying the exact opposite.

I think it was a shot across the bow to see if we could muster support and actually remove them.
It aint worked and i believe the club will now do nothing.

I've made my point pretty clear on how I feel about it all on numerous threads already.
The board certainly do not seem to give me the impression they will be taking it anywhere else, seems more a case of just moving forward to getting the new season up and running.
I hope I'm proved wrong, I think this time next week should be the time we know if the board really have the balls to back up the 'status quo cannot continue' and the 'we will not be found wanting' lines.

I see it as gong one of 3 ways .

1-Hearts reconstruction plans are pushed through with the help of Doncaster and co to do so to buy them off and ensure there's no legal action from them, we then come out and argue that if no club has had to be relegated with the decision to curtail the season then no club should have been allowed to be awarded a trophy thus highlighting that the governing bodies actions were only about ensuring they were declared champions by hook or crook asap..

2-Hearts reconstruction plans fail, they take the legal route and we back their stance that the only options should have been to curtail the season with no winner and no relegation or restart the season behind closed doors (despite not being a preferable option) when safe to do so just as we now see throughout Europe where leagues have resumed to come to a conclusion on the park.

3- that's it from the board, they made a bit of noise, released a few statements with loads of cliches but despite all that ultimately rolled over and were bitch slapped back into a box by the cabal at the top table and have now allowed the status quo to continue and were indeed found wanting.

I sincerely hope it's anything but the third option but I am not confident it'll be anything other than that unfortunately, the fact we seemingly backed the unanimous call that the season couldn't continue rather than dig our heels in as we knew what the next step was going to be certainly doesn't look great either.

We could have concrete evidence on voice and video recording that they took bribes, threatened clubs, and assited in covering up the mentally challenged child abuse.
All that together still wouldn't be enough to topple the corrupt governing body or the 19th Century Terrorist mafia which now runs Scottish football.
Football in this country is fucked, as are so many other parts of the countries infrastructure.

Usual drama queens out in force. Be patient this board will not let us down
Both Wilson and Robertson have told us to move on publicly. The club have remained absolutely silent on why they agreed the season can't be completed.

I'd love to know where the optimism that the 'board will not let us down' comes from because to many, they've been 'found wanting.'

We could have concrete evidence on voice and video recording that they took bribes, threatened clubs, and assited in covering up the mentally challenged child abuse.
All that together still wouldn't be enough to topple the corrupt governing body or the 19th Century Terrorist mafia which now runs Scottish football.
Football in this country is fucked, as are so many other parts of the countries infrastructure.
My feelings also.

They just dont give a %^*& what we have.

100% bang on. We’re playing the long game here and need to give our allies the chance to fight their corner. We can’t be the loudest kid in the class here. I’m sure Budge/Hearts think it’s doomed to failure anyway, but must try on behalf of their fans. When this fails to pass a joint legal fight will be launched. Hearts will lead this legal fight with Rangers supporting. Remember Hearts have been dealt the sh*ttier hand here and have been demoted...they stand to be financially diminished and ejected. No club should have benefitted or lost as a result of this pandemic, it was no ones fault it occurred, however as usual Lieswell/Celtic FC use the opportunity to engage their puppets and guarantee the possibility of £30million CL entry. Here’s hoping they fail in the qualifiers.

Could you please explain this 'playing the long game here' theory to the hard of thinking here.

A possible £30m in CL monies (your figures) puts them once again over the hills and far away. (Again, this war chest is down to their media fluffers)

So explain this long game stuff, cos I ain't getting it.

In the 10+ years I have posted on FF, I have come to realise that some posters do not want the board to take action, they just want the board to be publicly SEEN to be taking action.

For example, we may well be silently sorting the whole thing out but plenty will get their knickers in a twist because they aren't being told about it.

If we had secret plans to remove Doncaster and co why let him take point in negotiating TV deals and league sponsorship etc?

Seems incredible that we’d let him cut deals that will effect Rangers for years to come then after that is completed go to court to remove him.

We’ll get a couple of signings over the next few weeks then all will be forgotten till next season when we get screwed over again.

Last edited:

Totally agree and there was never a chance the board were going to reveal all, that's not our style it seems. I don't think this is done by a long way. They must be feeling the same outrage as the supporters.

Brilliant post Bbc very well said. I have said it's a long game we are playing and I have no doubt we will win. Your point about referees is a good one, I do believe we must now call out every shocking decision that goes against us now and keep the spotlight on the referees from now on, we must not back down.
The Board will be working behind the scenes and we must all get fully behind them to cleanse Scottish Football from the Catholic influence and the control that Paedo FC have. I have total faith in the board, they will be just as annoyed as us the fans are at the moment.

55 is coming, we know it and they know it, it's going to be glorious.
WATP

We should always back the club to the hilt, but how long can we put up with the blatant corruption ?
What happens if that ‘ entity’ win another 5 tainted titles in a row ? Or 10 or whatever. How long can we still sell nearly 50,000 season tickets before we en masse say that there is simply no more point in shelling out hundreds of quid for a sham competition that gets decided off the pitch instead of on it ?

Could you please explain this 'playing the long game here' theory to the hard of thinking here.

A possible £30m in CL monies (your figures) puts them once again over the hills and far away. (Again, this war chest is down to their media fluffers)

Legal cases take a long time, sometimes years...that is now our only course to pursue this.

Long game could mean anything from vindication that we have been done over to regime change at the SPFL/SFA.

In the 10+ years I have posted on FF, I have come to realise that some posters do not want the board to take action, they just want the board to be publicly SEEN to be taking action.

For example, we may well be silently sorting the whole thing out but plenty will get their knickers in a twist because they aren't being told about it.

In the 10+ years I’ve been on FF, I have come to realise that many posters naively seem to believe our board, from Craig Whyte to Stewart Robertson, are working towards some sort of masterplan.

There is always this narrative that we shouldn’t worry because the board are working away in the background and that us minions should stop criticising them as they know best etc. When the board finally release a statement those same posters come on and tell everyone ‘told you, this is the time etc’. However, when that statement is ignored and the board disappear, the same posters revert to telling everyone to stop criticising as the board knows best.

Would be very surprised if any of what you have posted comes true .very glad to be proved wrong.

This seems to be the new phrase we are playing a long game.

Back