The Boards Silence: Knickers in a Twist Edition

I've not read many of the responses in this thread - it is important to me, but I've got responsibilities/commitments and insufficient time - so apols if someone else has posted same response.....

"How many times does it have to be said!? -

We had to raise a Members Motion calling for an Independent Enquiry (even though we knew it wouldn't win) because 'our case' would never have got to court as we 'had not taken Recourse available to us'.

The logical, and I imagine necessary, step after that would be to write to the SFA requesting that they intervene 'before we take legal action'. We don't know if that secondary action has been taken, and whilst it would have been nice if we had written an Open Letter, it would not have been the right method, so it would have been a private letter. We can only speculate on the SFA's response, if indeed there was any, as I think the club would not think it appropriate to inform fans publicly.

In that time frame the SFA have officially dropped the whole Res12 thing . They announced it in the middle of celtics* title “ win “ .

was that our price to let the whole issue drop ?

So we've had advice that we have a " reasonable chance" which as another poster said equates to about a 50/50 chance. Well correct me if m wrong but that to me is the best odds we've had in the last 10yrs or so, so why didn't we take it?

If we have said we could have funded an Independent inquiry then that's money that could be used towards court costs and as reported yesterday about plans for Ed house and the sale of part of the Albion, then I would've preferred the money from the sale of that to go to court costs and take these shysters that are killing our game, down.

I'm of the mind there is no point in next season at all if the status quo remains. What's the point of even spending money this season on new players regardless of quality when we all know they will never be allowed to express themselves properly on the Scottish game and at the same time the team they play for are reffed and policed differently to every other team by the present sfa/spfl Scumtic cabal.

I'm totally scunnered with it now.
Are we now Scumtics bitches as well as all the rest? sure feels like it.
Exactly my feelings unfortunately

The board could have simply said congratulations Celtic on being awarded the title by committee. That would have been a start and enraged the Smelltic hoardes, but as usual the board say nothing, Liewell continually has a pop at Rangers, still the board say nothing. They hate us, wanted us dead, are paranoid about us, still the board say nothing. The dignified silence just doesnt cut it anymore.

The Board have put down a marker and the corrupt SPFL know it’s there. I assume it’s just a question of time before the next step, and hopefully with some support from other clubs.

Yeah - slipped my (grandpa) mind, too many balls in the air (no pun)

I’m just gutted we appear to have quietly chucked it .

the board have worked miracles in a short space of time and looked as if we were going to finally address the negative PR we get and the open hostility directed our way .

It would be a sickener if we have chucked it as we had them on the ropes not so long ago

Aye. And it's not like they have had anything to do in that time. No internal issues that might have had to be sorted out first or anything. Or a retail deal that could only be described as having the club by the balls? No, you're right. Incompetent bafoons have been wasting their time and letting us down in the process!

You’re the only one mentioning incompetent bafoons. The board has undoubtedly done a lot of good things. I’ve be forever grateful to Dave King and the three bears. They’re up there with the greatest people ever to be involved with our club.

However, the board have handled this episode incorrectly. I don’t think the board fully appreciate how hated we are by the rest of Scottish football and Scottish society. They naively seem to think we can ‘build bridges’. This thought process is wrong. The only way we’ll win is if we go the full distance and bury these bastards via the legal system and/or financially starve them.

The people running our club have done well in many aspects, but they’re not above criticism.

I see there are many on here active right now who seem disenfranchised about our boards perceived lack of action following the alligations of spfl corruption.

However, before we jump the gun and start critisizing (or even threatening withdrawing financial support to our current administration - don't get me started on this bonkers one!) might I get you all to consider a couple of things?

1. Our board put a lot into putting their head above the parapet. I dont buy that we have just ducked back down after our complaints about a corrupt vote were "settled" by a corrupt vote.

2. Consider how long it took us to draw up the initial dossier. Cases like this take time to build up.

3. Reconstruction: our main ally in any legal proceedings is hearts. For us to be openly disruptive throughout this difficult process will win us no friends, allies or sympathy in or out of the game. After reconstruction inevitably fails, our hand will be much strengthened with those teams who voted with us for an investigation still backing the concept. The media smears us enough without us painting a target on our own back by leaving ourselves open to claims of selfish, bitter litigation.

4. Timing. What is done is done for now. Like it or not, officially a title will need stripped if it is judges to have been awarded unfairly. It matters little whether that is now it later. Launching our attack at the start of the new season may get more press but also shine the light on referees and get into Celtics heads at an opportune point. Remember how the media were used tactically after our win in December? Remembers the outrageously delayed citing from the hi s game announced after what 2 weeks coincidentally the night before our first game back? Timing can be key, and 2 can play at that game.

The board have been playing a great game recently. Let's not lose faith simply because right now we don't know what they are doing.

Guaranteed, THE very last thing it will be is nothing!

I have been saying for a while that I would like to see followfollow have a subscription fee. Even just a token gesture or a tier system like heart and hand. I know and you know, we all know that Celtic fans are obsessed with the biggest and greatest club in the land and come on here to either, goad, belittle, detract or get info. This is where most of the negativity has come from in the past fortnight IMHO. The timposters are a different breed and thank the Jesus Christ almighty. Lets have them pay for the privelage to continue their obsession.

The Board have put down a marker and the corrupt SPFL know it’s there. I assume it’s just a question of time before the next step, and hopefully with some support from other clubs.

I don’t believe that .

we left a marker as you say and already lawwell have praised the SPFL on their work and the SPFL have started the 10 in a row guff to promote next season .

that , to me , suggests they’re not the slightest bit intimidated and instead are displaying their sense of security by indirectly rubbing our noses in it .

if ever a set of circumstances warranted a civil action by ourselves it was the whole vote .

if we allow the SPFL to do as they please to award celtic* a title I don’t imagine they’ll be too afraid to f.uck us over in the future

I have been saying for a while that I would like to see followfollow have a subscription fee. Even just a token gesture or a tier system like heart and hand. I know and you know, we all know that Celtic fans are obsessed with the biggest and greatest club in the land and come on here to either, goad, belittle, detract or get info. This is where most of the negativity has come from in the past fortnight IMHO. The timposters are a different breed and thank the Jesus Christ almighty. Lets have them pay for the privelage to continue their obsession.

Not everyone who disagrees with you is a mentally challenged .

if you suspect a timposter , report them to admin .

You can understand why people are asking questions of the board, so far we've been told that Doncaster & mclellan couldn't continue in the job & we may be looking at going down a legal route if need be, they are still there & seem to be not too fussed about our allegations, we were told Rangers wont be bullied into silence & the status quo couldn't continue, since lawwall appeared we seem to have gone awfully quiet & seem to be moving onto next season, it's looking yet again we've been marched upto the top of the hill & yet again we are going to be marched down again

It’s important this site be free and open to all Rangers fans. I believe that’s Mark’s philosophy, which I agree with. Closed doors encourages hierarchies and cliques. Look at the how people with low post counts are often treated as it is. Just because people don’t agree it doesn’t make them mentally challengeds. I don’t mean this as an insult mate, but there are plenty of other Rangers sites you can join if you want a curtain wall. Besides, a couple of quid a month isn’t going to stop obsessed poets.

Personally I’ve never understood the mentality of pretending you’re a supporter of another club? What would be the point? Even back in the day on Rivals when we used to go onto the dark side to bait them, I never pretended to be one of them. My fcuked up sense of Karma wouldn’t allow it.

The Club can take legal action on the Dundee vote. The courts agree. The SPFL have another vote and it's likely the same result. Is that worth it?

Lawell has pissed all over us .
Publicly thanking the guy that we wanted gone.
Says absolutely f@ck all for months but gets to to have the last "rousing " word
There're laughing at us ffs.
Hearts will not be relegated and everyone else will fall in line.
Building bridges is the way forward apparently.
Let's rely on others to do the right thing, yeah ok.
It's down to us.
Start by calling out one and go for the throat.
Make no mistake this is a fight to the death and we need to stop believing that the Marquess of Queensberry rules apply.

This sort of stuff reminds me of those weirdo doomsday cults. Doomsday is coming, oh it's coming, it's just around the corner, you better believe it, right this is it now, doomsday is next week.

Next week comes and doomsday doesn't. It's coming soon, oh it's coming, it's just it's just around the corner, you better believe it.
If we had secret plans to remove Doncaster and co why let him take point in negotiating TV deals and league sponsorship etc?

Seems incredible that we’d let him cut deals that will effect Rangers for years to come then after that is completed go to court to remove him.

We’ll get a couple of signings over the next few weeks then all will be forgotten till next season when we get screwed over again.
No it won’t, this ain’t over.

The SPFL board took legal advice and were told they couldn't end the season according to their own rule book, so they came up with the sham vote. This passed so what can Rangers do ? No division voted it down. You can bet they made it legal to suit the bheasts.
With the odd exception, no team (forget the moonhowling fans) favours Celtic as they are only interested in themselves. The bheasts were awarded the league because they dropped 11 fewer points than us in 10 matches and didn't lose a cup tie to the bottom of the league.
We lost this league on the park (and beat them despite Clancy) because we lost to bottom of the league Hearts, lost to 2nd bottom Hamilton, lost to a collapsing Killie and drew with Aberdeen and St Johnstone. 11 points dropped to bottom 6 clubs. Single goal victories v Ross Co. ,St Mirren,Livi and Hibs put us in this position.

Would it be too much to get our PR team to get trusted podders / social media Bears to disseminate a message:

A) We’re on it p and we’re not letting this lie.

B) It’s done, Doncaster’s getting his / Peter’s way.

I might be in the minority, but it’s pretty important to me that Rangers fight fire with fire at every turn from now, and the includes challenging the legitimacy of Doncaster’s hideous null & void ( make CeItic league champions ) facade.

That being said, I still have faith in Douglas Park, I hope it’s not misplaced.
Good idea. For what its worth I don’t think you are in the minority...well hopefully your not as we need to take the fight to the SPFL or we have accepted defeat for years to come, both on and off the park. Anyone accepts anything less than this are deluded.

He knows better than anyone on this forum.

This is still very much an ongoing situation.

Our board said that the status quo couldn't continue and they meant it.
That's great MU, I'm fully behind the board and I always thought the Club would be busy behind the scenes. It's a deathly silence at the moment from everyone and that normally means something is going on. The cabal will be wondering what is coming next and they will be worried.

Some bears just want a statement every 5 minutes you see how unconvincing the other clubs statements are ...?

Thanks for that, it's great news.

A lot of people say things as if they were an absolute fact, when in reality it is just their opinion, or what they hope to be the case.

It's good to hear things from people who actually do have a proper insight.

The SPFL board took legal advice and were told they couldn't end the season according to their own rule book, so they came up with the sham vote. This passed so what can Rangers do ? No division voted it down. You can bet they made it legal to suit the bheasts.
With the odd exception, no team (forget the moonhowling fans) favours Celtic as they are only interested in themselves. The bheasts were awarded the league because they dropped 11 fewer points than us in 10 matches and didn't lose a cup tie to the bottom of the league.
We lost this league on the park (and beat them despite Clancy) because we lost to bottom of the league Hearts, lost to 2nd bottom Hamilton, lost to a collapsing Killie and drew with Aberdeen and St Johnstone. 11 points dropped to bottom 6 clubs. Single goal victories v Ross Co. ,St Mirren,Livi and Hibs put us in this position.

The behaviour of SPFL board members can be examined . The behaviour of that board during the vote and that fact Dundee found themselves in a strong position can be examined .

the fact that rangers put forward a proposal that would have seen no financial penalties to clubs was rejected in favour of a plan that sees all clubs suffer a loss is worthy of a civil claim in itself .

going to a civil court in this instance isn’t about winning . We get to ask questions of Doncaster and co that is far more intimidating that an arranged interview with dick Gordon .

if we are clever in our strategy we can examine anti rangers bias despite no making an issue of it .

if we are wary of Rangers fc getting an unfair hearing we can pursue an appeal with the interior house at the court of session and then the UK Supreme Court .

we were willing to pay for an independent inquiry , why not court action ?

So do we see a result this year, next year, any year? It is pathetic.

This is not a personal dig, but after getting fc_uked over yet again (even though we have gained the support of basically a third of the clubs) the support are entitled to ask questions of, and action from the club.

If there is reconstruction, and Dundee are promoted, Start with them. Do not allow their directors into our boardroom. Stick them in the corner with their other 150 fans.

Ban the three amigos in the SPFL from Ibrox.

Ban Liewell and Co from the boardroom also.

You must realise we, as a support, are now at an end with dignified silence and inaction. Empty rhetoric, makes us the laughing stock.

So whether your pal sups tea with King or Parks, I simply don't give a toss. I want, like untold thousands of us do, want action.

Are the board hoping to break the status quo this year or break it around season ticket renewal time next year? Or have we just to put our total faith in the board & just say nothing on the matter again?

Not the point though is it?
Thread is about are Rangers going to do what they suggested they were going to do.

Back