The Bristol Bar

Didn't know that.
Isn't it a coincidence that they built the old bus station next to the Station Bar, and the river flows along Clyde street.:)
I remember being an apprentice and had moved to Craigend, used to take the bus 45 mins to get along Cumbernauld Road/Alexandra Parade, a total of about one mile, if it wasn't raining I would get off the bus and walk into town. The construction of the M8 was a godsend

I've got my work's night out same night as the OP in West Brewery at the East End of the Green.

Starts at 4pm. Few of us were gonna fck off at 7pm once the free drink finishes plus to watch the game. Was thinking the very same as the OP or The Auctioneers. I would even go into Town and get Subway to The Louden.

I'd patch that.

it's shite.

Without Doubt, Born Raised and Educated there, Dennistoub is to the East of the City Centre, So named after John Dennistoun MP, who made his trade in the Cotton Industry,
Dennistoun Estate Bordered on the west By Eastercraigs, South. Duke Street, North Alexandra Parade and East, Cumbernauld Road
Could give you a whole list of the local History. but is definitely North of the River Clyde
Altiora Peto

Altiora Etiam Petamus

Long before we bought The Louden in Duke Street, I tried to buy the premises that became Fat Cats, I wanted to do an upmarket Venue with Leather Chesterfields, based on the Gentleman's Club where Phileas Fogg made his famous bet.
I thought then and even more convinced now it would have been a major success. A lot of good people in these days stayed in Dennistoun, most of whom I was friendly with.

Never understood it anyway....................................................... ( of course I did )

Not being a latin scholar - I could be wrong -
But I think it might be -
Altiora Peto = I seek higher things
Altiora Etiam Petamus = Let us all seek higher things

WFPs loyal - but please don't ask me to sing it

Not being a latin scholar - I could be wrong -
But I think it might be -
Altiora Peto = I seek higher things
Altiora Etiam Petamus = Let us all seek higher things

WFPs loyal - but please don't ask me to sing it
I never sung it in Assembly never mind now, what year did you leave

Although it still seems 'like yesterday' or other similar cliches - it was way back in 1972

What about you ? Was it '74 ?
No offence meant by the way -
I left in 1971, 15 years old and straight into an apprenticeship. You might have been in my year, Where did you stay? There are a few Whitehill lads on here.
Spark to trade

n
Isn't the main artery east from the city centre Duke St? Duke St is slap bang in the middle of the east end.

Ally Parade/Royston Rd is north east (Riddrie/Ruchazie etc), Gallowgate/London Road for the south east ( Tollcross/Carmyle etc).
Alexandra Parade is in Dennistoun, quite posh in it's day

I left in 1971, 15 years old and straight into an apprenticeship. You might have been in my year, Where did you stay? There are a few Whitehill lads on here.
Spark to trade

I lived in Riddrie - but my family moved there from Garthland Drive -
Although I lived in Riddrie - I went to Carntyne primary - no idea why
I had a 'hard-core' of friends who went to Ally Parade, Thompson St & Haghill primaries -

We must have 'shared' teachers -
from memory - (I've surprised myself) there was -
'Minnie' Guthrie, Cameron, Bain, Sneddon - English teachers
Methven, Plant, Brooks (ba$tard) Hetherington - Science teachers
Black & Cessford - PE
MacGregor, Williams, Stark - Maths
Rodgers, McKillop, Parsonage - Art
Hood RE
Bobo - French (can't think of his real name)

Do you remember who the HM was when you left ?
Munday took over from Mòrrison at some stage - cant remember when

I lived in Riddrie - but my family moved there from Garthland Drive -
Although I lived in Riddrie - I went to Carntyne primary - no idea why
I had a 'hard-core' of friends who went to Ally Parade, Thompson St & Haghill primaries -

We must have 'shared' teachers -
from memory - (I've surprised myself) there was -
'Minnie' Guthrie, Cameron, Bain, Sneddon - English teachers
Methven, Plant, Brooks (ba$tard) Hetherington - Science teachers
Black & Cessford - PE
MacGregor, Williams, Stark - Maths
Rodgers, McKillop, Parsonage - Art
Hood RE
Bobo - French (can't think of his real name)

Do you remember who the HM was when you left ?
Munday took over from Mòrrison at some stage - cant remember when
Mundy was the HT, Apart from Parsonage and Rogers and a young student teacher June Raeside, I never got on with any of them.
I was a Thomson Street boy

Mundy was the HT, Apart from Parsonage and Rogers and a young student teacher June Raeside, I never got on with any of them.
I was a Thomson Street boy
I remember Raeside now - Maths wasn't she ? She was one of the better ones -
Brooks chemistry teacher - was by far the worst as far as I'm concerned

I'd a few mates that went to Thomson St. primary - they lived in Annbank, Bellfield, Duke & Whitevale Streets

I remember Raeside now - Maths wasn't she ? She was one of the better ones -
Brooks chemistry teacher - was by far the worst as far as I'm concerned

I'd a few mates that went to Thomson St. primary - they lived in Annbank, Bellfield, Duke & Whitevale Streets
I'm sure I would know them, that was my paper run, always wondered where June ended up, I was told she came from Brand Street. Went to School Camp with us, very nice person
Brook was a bully and an arsehole. had loads of run-in with him and another clown Winpenny, Even then I had a great belief in myself.

My father in law went to school with big Harry I think it was known as Lightburn Secondary then
We had to use a school that was destined for the poets until Cranhill was finished.
That school was St Gregory's but named Lightburn for us prods.
Changed days then as that wouldn't happen now.

Back