The Bristol Bar

theryesider

We play Hibs on 20th December thinking of watching it it in the Bristol as an Xmas night out , as train station right next to it for everyone getting home.
Probably about a dozen of us, will it be rammed packed and will I need my gringo gang credentials for safe passage :cool:
A couple of the west end boys slightly nervous coming into Northern territory.:D

We play Hibs on 20th December thinking of watching it it in the Bristol as an Xmas night out , as train station right next to it for everyone getting home.
Probably about a dozen of us, will it be rammed packed and will I need my gringo gang credentials for safe passage :cool:
A couple of the west end boys slightly nervous coming into Northern territory.:D
What is this language you speak? Is it gibberish?

Eastend is best end... great bar

I wish I worked for a company who's staff have their Christmas night out in the Bristol.

I've got my work's night out same night as the OP in West Brewery at the East End of the Green.

Starts at 4pm. Few of us were gonna fck off at 7pm once the free drink finishes plus to watch the game. Was thinking the very same as the OP or The Auctioneers. I would even go into Town and get Subway to The Louden.

Its Northern territory if you come from Geordie/Macçam/ Boro land - Where I imagine the OP is from?

zBNoV7K.gif

Are you taking Alex Moir with you?

I am at most 10 mins away in sunny Barmulloch from the Bristol, if Duke street is the east end what is Shettleston, the Far East?
Semantics aside, will talk them into it, if too busy the Louden or AllyBar decent alternatives.

I am at most 10 mins away in sunny Barmulloch from the Bristol, if Duke street is the east end what is Shettleston, the Far East?
l

The city is split in two by the Clyde, so the op is right that is in the North, it is also East of the city

Don’t encourage him: There is no Northside region in Glasgow. I doubt anyone has ever described Duke Street as being in the north of the city. Lol.

Shout about the Gringo and the Young Haghill Powery will be kickin yer baws.

I've got my work's night out same night as the OP in West Brewery at the East End of the Green.

Starts at 4pm. Few of us were gonna fck off at 7pm once the free drink finishes plus to watch the game. Was thinking the very same as the OP or The Auctioneers. I would even go into Town and get Subway to The Louden.
You’re less than a 5 minute walk from Bridgeton and a couple of bars on London Road

It’s just along from my work and I’ve never been on a game night. Might watch Feyenoord away there

Robert if the bristol bar is north east glasgow then your a tim. Its east end, end of. Unless they have moved from Duke Street to Balornock.

glasgow-with-labels.jpg
I was born there, it is the East end but Geographically it is North of the Clyde.
A non-Glaswegian looking it up would come to the conclusion it is in the NE.
I was brought up 3 closes down from The Bristol and was one of the Founder members of the Bristol RSC
A lot of us came from there and stood on the North East Corner

Semantics aside, will talk them into it, if too busy the Louden or AllyBar decent alternatives.
think the loudon on duke st is closed now mate,so ally bar maybe your fallback if bristol too busy, possibility the ycv hall may be open though

I was born there, it is the East end but Geographically it is North of the Clyde.
A non-Glaswegian looking it up would come to the conclusion it is in the NE.
I was brought up 3 closes down from The Bristol and was one of the Founder members of the Bristol RSC
A lot of us came from there and stood on the North East Corner
i was born in the east end too, The clyde separates the south of glasgow from the west side, the east end and the city centre. The North of glasgow does not border the South as you would think. But hey I understand your logic, all be it wrong, ha ha

On first read - I thought Goucho ( not gringo) - & I also thought nah that's too far west - it's Powery there - isn't it ?
- but then again RCT might claim it's theirs & it's a touch south for the Monks

i was born in the east end too, The clyde separates the south of glasgow from the west side, the east end and the city centre. The North of glasgow does not border the South as you would think. But hey I understand your logic, all be it wrong, ha ha
Actually I'm not wrong, as you would expect

Actually I'm not wrong, as you would expect

I would never associate Duke Street with north Glasgow and it’s a bit odd that an East Ender like yourself is muddying the water on this one.

For example Rangers always go to the east end to play Celtic it’s never described as Rangers going across the Clyde to the North of the city.

Back