The Candyman has spoken

Far from the worst player during the journey and one who at a different time could have played his part in a winning team himself albeit probably as a squad player coming off the bench here and there. Tells you enough about him that Gerrard never just bombed him out when he arrived. Thank you for the part you played Daniel and you’ll always be welcome back at Ibrox.

He was always a first choice player for me, his work ethic alone earned him a starting place.
We should have kept him.

Reactions: TQ3
His goal against Marseilles in pre season before he left was a thing of beauty.

The man was a grafter. He gave fantastic energy and would definitely have been in with a shout of making it in Gerrard’s team.

I thought he raised his game for us at that point.

Just wish he stayed. Great wed player.

Always put in a great shift, but we’ve upgraded so much in the position with a guy like Hagi now he would have only been a squad player at best had he stayed.

I would've liked him to have been here to be part of the celebrations. He was one of the few who left who actually fought for the cause, gave everything he could. He just lacked that bit of quality that was needed but he would've been a good squad member as he had enough quality to make an impact.

I was sorry to see him go and thought we missed him at times shortly after his departure

He played his part and always gave everything.

As our team and formation progressed, he was replaced by a better quality of player that were more comfortable playing narrower behind the striker.

Nice words from him though and wish him all the best for the future.

I was a big candeias fan, thought he was underrated in his time.
Also got the most pathetic red card I’ve ever seen in my life. Halliday and Alfie both had utterly pathetic ones but red carded for blowing a kiss was a new low for Scottish refs

Gave his all. that is all you can ask of any footballer.

I wish him well for the future, he will always be welcome back at Ibrox.

Always one of my favourites, never hid and always gave 100%. Think he got a bit old for us at the end, but a crucial part of the last 5 seasons that ultimately won us the title this week.

He played his part and he’ll always be welcome back to Ibrox in future to take in the games.

One of the foreign players who “got it”.

I hope he got the game time he wanted, because he would have played loads for us last season,imo, and been a great squad player to bring on in tight games.
His link up with Tav was superb, and his back heel for Alfredo was a thing of beauty.

I liked him - he always put in a shift
Am I right in saying he wanted to leave ? & not us that ditched him ?
For some reason that's the way I remember it -

Anyway - as covered in most posts above - I still remember him fondly - especially his back heel to Alfie & will welcome him back as a fan anytime he wishes to visit
& I wish him all the best & good luck in the future

Bizarre the fan club he had on here. Good trier but nowhere near good enough. Not even 1/10th of the player Hagi is, or Aribo, or anyone who has played in his position since he left.

Used to do my head in how people would make out he was an essential pick to "cover for Tav". I think that theory has been blown away this season.

Still, a nice message from him.

He and Tav together were formidable. He covered a tremendous amount of ground forming a strong defensive unit with Tav.

His goal against Marseilles in pre season before he left was a thing of beauty.

The man was a grafter. He gave fantastic energy and would definitely have been in with a shout of making it in Gerrard’s team.
Haha, off in a tangent here but I took the kids to the Marseille and Ajax friendlies, more so as they wanted to see de Jong etc. The kids are like “all the players I’ve heard of are crap against us” and “they don’t play like that on the telly”. They were crap, but still don’t think the kids understand live viewing is completely different from lovely Sky angles lmao.

Bizarre the fan club he had on here. Good trier but nowhere near good enough. Not even 1/10th of the player Hagi is, or Aribo, or anyone who has played in his position since he left.

Used to do my head in how people would make out he was an essential pick to "cover for Tav". I think that theory has been blown away this season.

Still, a nice message from him.

Sorry mate but the 'fan club' patter is the worst patter ever.

We are all Rangers fans. We should all want every Rangers player to do well. Well I say all but clearly there are people that love to dig players out, whether it is deserved or not.

Katic is another player, who when fans back him up, they get the 'Katic fan club' patter thrown at them.

Most fans want to get behind players and support them. If you think it is bizarre that people are fans of players that play for us and want them to do well, then maybe it is you that is bizarre.

He and Tav together were formidable. He covered a tremendous amount of ground forming a strong defensive unit with Tav.

They were not formidable. We never got close to winning anything with him in the team.

Sorry mate but the 'fan club' patter is the worst patter ever.

We are all Rangers fans. We should all want every Rangers player to do well. Well I say all but clearly there are people that love to dig players out, whether it is deserved or not.

Katic is another player, who when fans back him up, they get the 'Katic fan club' patter thrown at them.

Most fans want to get behind players and support them. If you think it is bizarre that people are fans of players that play for us and want them to do well, then maybe it is you that is bizarre.

I want every Rangers player to do well. But I dunno, for me it was very clear that Candeais was a very average player who worked hard for the team and was cut a huge amount of slack because of his work rate.

Look at the tims with Laxalt. You know he's shite, I know he's shite. But he's a trier and from the poets point of view, he was their best player at a certain point this season. God knows why they were bigging him up, but if I had to guess it was similar to that why Rangers fans did the same with Candeias, Scottish Fans love players that 'pure run aboot' and give 100% and charge into tackles.

Me, personally, I like players with a bit more up there, aka Hagi or Aribo. They have the Footballing ability and they also wouldn't be here if they were lazy. That's the kind of footballer that I appreciate personally, but each to their own.

Always loved his celebration with the gaffer at Pittodrie after Defoe’s goal in the 4-2 game in 2019.
giphy.gif

Back