The Captains Arm Band Made Holt a New Player

Twosignals

I thought last nights performance from Holt, to be fair along with the rest of the team was the best he’s ever played for us. Put me in mind of Gaza’s comment about Stuart McColl, as dog shit, Holt was every place, tackling, picking up, laying off. It’s a long while since watching a game, where team work, confidence has been shown on the pitch. P.S. to the Scum reading we might not win anything this season but if we keep this going it’s fair to say we’re back.

He was playing like a man possessed last night. Holt certainly has his limitations as a player but his attitude and desire to always give 100% is excellent. I think he will drop out in time with Docherty coming in and Jack, Dorrans and McCrorie still to come back but he is a very good asset to our squad.

I thought he had a great game. I also think he's been excellent since he came back into the team and he grew into that armband last night. Good job stepping up as captain.

Just wish our fans would appreciate some of our players a little more. Seems there is too much putting down of players and their ability at times.

I think he’s the kind you can’t do without
Attitude, energy, desire, fight
If he had a better range of passing he’d be at a higher level than spl imo

He's doing exactly what a model pro should - delivering the performances and giving the manager a headache when everyone is fit. Fantastic attitude and great from our perspective - this is the kind of headache we're happy to see for a long time.

Great energy and attitude last night from Holty,covered every blade of grass and was great to see that attitude from the him and the players.

WATP

He's played like that since Murty came back in.

He's a boy who knows if his performance levels drop he's out the team.

I agree mate and that's the way it should be.

We've just made 2 great signings in Docherty and Cummings and they're going to find it seriously hard to force their way into this team, and that's before the injured players return.

Exactly the way we want it.

At long last we have some real competition for places. Holt is playing his heart out knowing that anything but his A game will see him relegated to the bench. I think he will struggle to make the team in the unlikely event we ever have all players fit.

At long last we have some real competition for places. Holt is playing his heart out knowing that anything but his A game will see him relegated to the bench. I think he will struggle to make the team in the unlikely event we ever have all players fit.
That’s the thing though - if a player is only 90% fit then with more depth to the squad we can afford leave him out of a match - rather than risk further injury or a poor performance.

When people make threads about players who were absolute bargains, he will be near the top.

60k for him and yet some SPL teams want 10 times that for players who have not been proven!

He was playing like a man possessed last night. Holt certainly has his limitations as a player but his attitude and desire to always give 100% is excellent. I think he will drop out in time with Docherty coming in and Jack, Dorrans and McCrorie still to come back but he is a very good asset to our squad.

Funnily enough that's something I always said about Vignal.

Hopefully that's something he can continue to filter is through the youth and into the first team squad.

Love the wee man he’s fearless and gets stuck right in. Written off time and time again yet comes back with a vengence. Don’t know if he’s a starter if everyone is fit but definitely one to keep and won’t let us down. Well done Holt!

He knows his place will be under threat with the signing of Docherty and it'll bring out the best in him as a result. The squad now has healthy competition in most areas and players need to perform to keep their starting place in the 11 which will benefit us greatly.

He's a great wee player full of running and always makes himself available for a pass.
Tends to fall away a little at times during the season and lacks a bit of muscle, on his game he's perpetual motion and must be a wee c.unt :) at times for the opposition as he gives then no peace at all.

He gets in faces certainly a place for him at Rangers.

Holt was outstanding last night, best performance I’ve seen from him

Holt has been incredibly consistent for us, but he was immense last night.

Every team needs players like Holt, the ones who do all the unglamourous stuff running themselves into the ground.

If Tav and Wes hadn't been so utterly unbelievable last night, I think Holt would have deserved his MotM award :D

We don't yet have a settled team but we are well on the way and when we do we will be a force to be reckoned with!:)

W.A.T.P.

Always shows for the ball and gives his teammates an option to pass to. Never hides and works his baws off for the team. I really like the wee man and has been one of our most consistent players since he came back into the team.

He was brilliant last night but he has been proving a lot of people wrong this year already with his performances. Long may it continue.

I was saying on Twitter earlier that he was fantastic last night, and has been putting in consistent 7/10 performances all season. It's not going to be a given that Docherty will come in and take his place. If i was Holt i'd be dissapointed if that indeed was the case.
I do think Docherty is the better player but it's fantastic to finally have some competiton in the squad!

Love the wee man he’s fearless and gets stuck right in. Written off time and time again yet comes back with a vengence. Don’t know if he’s a starter if everyone is fit but definitely one to keep and won’t let us down. Well done Holt!
"Jason Holt comes out the dressing room as if someone has just kicked his cat"

Best quote ever

great thing to remember about Holt is that ontop of getting him for just 60k, he's only 24 y/o - so maybe has a few years before he really hits the limit of his abilities.

Its amazing to think that just over 9 months ago it looked like his Rangers career was over. But he just kept working hard and at the moment he's undroppable.

I thought last nights performance from Holt, to be fair along with the rest of the team was the best he’s ever played for us. Put me in mind of Gaza’s comment about Stuart McColl, as dog shit, Holt was every place, tackling, picking up, laying off. It’s a long while since watching a game, where team work, confidence has been shown on the pitch. P.S. to the Scum reading we might not win anything this season but if we keep this going it’s fair to say we’re back.
To be fair to the lad he has always had this ‘in his locker’

Playing with better players may yet bring this out of him hopefully on a more consistent basis.

We seriously underestimate Holt. He’s a damn good wee player for me, whole hearted, a fair bit of skill and he’s had to adapt to various different roles in his time with us.

He played well last night, but was surprised he got MOTM in all honesty.

A man of the match award is bugger all in any scheme of things never mind looking at the bigger picture.

If a guy takes the captains armband for the first time and plays any better than half decent, barring a hat trick or a hat trick of penalty saves by the keeper I'd say it's only right to give whoever it is the man of the match award.
It's not the best player award.
Most significant player in the context of the game, man of the match.
So as first time caprtain playing very well that would be Holt for me.
I know opinions may vary. just my take on it.

We seriously underestimate Holt. He’s a damn good wee player for me, whole hearted, a fair bit of skill and he’s had to adapt to various different roles in his time with us.
It would be like the old Laudrup joke and actually sticking Laudrup and Goram out on their own against the poets and saying they were not good enough if they didn't come away with a 5-0 victory.
He was made to look worse by those round about him, and will probably do very well in a team full of better players.

I honestly don’t think it made a difference to him, as he’s been brilliant since he has come back into the team!

A real team player which is often overlooked for other particular attributes that players have.

Makes him a valuable squad member and hard to leave out.

Back