The Celtic minded, what is it about them that makes them so detestable?

NeighboringFreeKissingbug-small.gif

Why is the ingrained paranoia so,deep,with that lot? Nothing to do with religion as the guys who are from a Protestant background that support them are just as bad. I’ve Irish pals who support Man Utd and Liverpool and they are a great laugh and don’t carry this chip either.

in a general football chat they are the first to get a dig in about Rangers when they are not even in the conversation.

I haven't read the whole thread and do not know if anyone has offered this reply, but I think it is their "Celtic mindedness" that is at the root of the detestation.

Mo Jo broke large swathes of them and they've genuinely never recovered from it. The maws and das have passed it on to their kids.

They also have a weird victim complex that is drilled into them by people at their club which has been going on for the best part of 50-60 years. It means that if they get beat it's not the owners/directors/managers that are culpable but instead the fault of Rangers/SFA/Refs/Masons that caused it.

The only issue is that they've been winning everything in Scotland the past 3-4 years and they don't know how to handle it. Same with our issues in 2012, some of their fans are so intertwined in their victim complex that they would have loved to have been in our situation because it would have fitted their ingrained narrative of Celtic being a downtrodden, cheated club for the poor people whereas we are apparently the big bad institutional club with connections everywhere pulling strings to stop them from winning anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: VGM
For me it’s the smug sanctimony, the sincere belief that they are on a completely different moral plane to the rest of us heathens. It’s only going to get worse as they climb the social ladder and hand onto their love of their club, if not the sport of football.

But it’s us who are the bigots.

Why is the ingrained paranoia so,deep,with that lot? Nothing to do with religion as the guys who are from a Protestant background that support them are just as bad. I’ve Irish pals who support Man Utd and Liverpool and they are a great laugh and don’t carry this chip either.

in a general football chat they are the first to get a dig in about Rangers when they are not even in the conversation.

A tougher question might be what doesn't make them detestable.

I honestly can't think of anything I like about them whatsoever.

Definitely this plus the whole victim mentality. These 2 things combined seem to make them lose any sense of normality, meaning there are no depths to which they won't sink, to try and emulate us.
Have said to fans of EPL teams when working with them when I was contracting in England, don't discuss football with them Celtic scumbags they are all mental . They thought it was just me saying it being a Rangers fan and hating celtic. As the work went on over the weeks same ManU, Lpool fans etc would say you were right, they are delusional, they comparing Scott Brown with Xavi ? they saying their current team would be top 4 EPL ? ................they are deranged

It’s been very noticeable in recent years when there’s been a comments section on BBC Website after big european games.

The English fans can now see right through them. I think their Lee Rigby song was the final straw for some & now a big part of the English population knows what we have for decades.

They crave us they are nothing without Rangers!!
When we were making our way through the lower leagues. Winning wasn't enough for them and their crowds dwindled.
Every bad decision against them is never forgotten about. Anything in their favour is never remembered.
They can see no wrong in their views however warped.
More than a club.. I agree they're a cult !! Brainwashed through the generations.

Sort of fell out with one last week. He was droning on about Lisbon Lions, Nine IAR, and the like. I suggested Covid 19 and the upcoming class action against them should be more important.

But no. The mindset they have cannot be changed by facts, shame, reality, etc

Their continued defense of the indefensible, their duplicity or accusing others of what they actually practice, their self serving actions whilst pretending to be charitable and their inability to either pronounce or spell the name of the team that they support.

It is drummed into them from a young age that they are, “different” and somehow better than other football fans... and their religion is a massive part of it. I remember speaking to a young cousin of my wife when he was around 10 or so and he had Celtic and Man Utd posters on his wall... “why not support Man Utd then?”
“....because I’m a Kallfik” (and he said it that way too).

Tragic to hear a young kid come away with an answer like that. Not his favourite player, not supporting the same team as his pals or his dad... “because I’m a Kafflik”.

When that is the mindset from childhood then what chance do you have of their lens being anything other than religion & politics?

The inability to look around their own home and see the dark truths hiding in the cupboards. Love us, love us everybody lives us. Hate you, hate you, normal people hate you.

It is drummed into them from a young age that they are, “different” and somehow better than other football fans... and their religion is a massive part of it. I remember speaking to a young cousin of my wife when he was around 10 or so and he had Celtic and Man Utd posters on his wall... “why not support Man Utd then?”

Tragic to hear a young kid come away with an answer like that. Not his favourite player, not supporting the same team as his pals or his dad... “because I’m a Kafflik”.

When that is the mindset from childhood then what chance do you have of their lens being anything other than religion & politics?
Got this from my sons wee pal years ago.
His father was one of them and was told he had to support Man.United as well.
Its in their DNA.:rolleyes:

A young guy i knew who tragically died young and left a young family behind ,was a Rangers fanatic and his young son was the same.
A couple of years later his son was decked out in Celtic gear, aided and abetted from the new boyfriend.
When i challenged him if he would be pleased if the shoe was on the other foot.

Needless to say that would never happen was his reply.

It's also drummed into them that the world is against them and anything pro-British is bigotry.

There was an RC lassy in my primary class that kept calling Rule Britannia 'bigotry'. That could only come from the parents, surely.

The fact these horrible cunts talked about our tax issues until their lips were frayed, but say absolutely nothing about Industrial scale child sexual abuse, tells you all you need to know about these bastards. I have a bit of sympathy, as their church has numbed their minds to this disgusting behaviour. Every continent is riddled with catholic priests and nuns ruining kids lives. Yet they still roll up to worship. And this demographic is where their club garner their support. The faux irishness, and at the minute, the faux Scottishness, is a means to an end, ie the break up of Britain is also vomit inducing. Love Ireland, just not enough to go and live in the land of their forefathers. Toothless simpletons, the lot of them.

Its the ingrained guilt fed to them by the chapels. Taught to accept being a third class citizen. Begging, stealing, cheating, grassing, getting something for nothing seen as the norm in getting ahead.
Without exception every tramp ive worked with has these attributes. Think about the ones you know at work and i bet the majority are the same.
There just a bunch o fckn rhats.

Some one said on another thread that this was "the most pointless thread ever on FF". It might not be the most pointless thread, but surely it is the most rhetorical question!

Everything that has been said on here, plus another thing that gets me is their insistence on using the first names of players and directors as if they are personally known. All done with that creepy speech defect they seem to have.

I doubt very much if John from Provanmill is really rubbing shoulders with Dermot, Peter and Henrik.

Everything that has been said on here, plus another thing that gets me is their insistence on using the first names of players and directors as if they are personally known. All done with that creepy speech defect they seem to have.

I doubt very much if John from Provanmill is really rubbing shoulders with Dermot, Peter and Henrik.
o_O o_O o_O o_O thats so fckn true
HILLARIOUS

creepy speech defect, def-in-nately!

Some one said on another thread that this was "the most pointless thread ever on FF". It might not be the most pointless thread, but surely it is the most rhetorical question!

As I said at the outset mate it’s just trying to understand the mentality. I knew folks would answer that it was schools, religion etc it I’m sure it’s something other than that as I pointed out that I’ve met Irish Catholic guys who have same schooling and social background who support clubs like Liverpool, Man Utd etc and they simply don’t have that bitterness towards Rangers fans (or in my experience British people)

I also point out that there are many Protestant/non denominational guys or folks of other faith who follow them who have adopted the same bitter streak and levels of paranoia. I just don’t get it

My real issue with them as someone who is avid user of social media is how on every forum they comment negatively on Rangers. It could be an STV news report on Coronavirus and there is always a Celtic fan making a comment and bring Rangers into the narrative

They're a brutal species in general. The smell. The fųcked up morals. The Ambulance chasing. The paedo cover up. The terrorist supporting. The victim mentality. The plastics. I'm sure more will be added.
you just saved me typing all that mate :))

High minded delusion and ambulance chasing come to mind

As I said at the outset mate it’s just trying to understand the mentality. I knew folks would answer that it was schools, religion etc it I’m sure it’s something other than that as I pointed out that I’ve met Irish Catholic guys who have same schooling and social background who support clubs like Liverpool, Man Utd etc and they simply don’t have that bitterness towards Rangers fans (or in my experience British people)

I also point out that there are many Protestant/non denominational guys or folks of other faith who follow them who have adopted the same bitter streak and levels of paranoia. I just don’t get it

My real issue with them as someone who is avid user of social media is how on every forum they comment negatively on Rangers. It could be an STV news report on Coronavirus and there is always a Celtic fan making a comment and bring Rangers into the narrative

You are right Andy, it’s not just based upon their religion.

I’ve met a few Protestants over the years who support them & they are every bit as bad.

The single greatest factor is their underlying inferiority complex that drives their whole existence. Oh, and don’t overlook the monobrow.

Back