The Celtic minded, what is it about them that makes them so detestable?

AndythephotoDr

Why is the ingrained paranoia so,deep,with that lot? Nothing to do with religion as the guys who are from a Protestant background that support them are just as bad. I’ve Irish pals who support Man Utd and Liverpool and they are a great laugh and don’t carry this chip either.

in a general football chat they are the first to get a dig in about Rangers when they are not even in the conversation.

In a word, the schooling.

I went to school with and have a couple of Celtic fans in my circle who are generally speaking, alright.

The Celtic fans I work with are a totally different breed. The common denominator being the schools they went to.

I’ve also got a mate who is a Celtic fan who went to a non denominational school but his fiancées family are all catholic background and he’s gradually been getting worse over the past couple of years

A horrendous inferiority complex, coupled with a pious, holier than thou "yous are worse than us" doctrine.
Shameless without a bit of self awareness. Phil O'Donnell's death, this begging for the title during a pandemic, and of course the complete repudiation of the decades long paedophile ring and multifaceted cover ups.

Do the money people who run Lazio try and %^*& Roma over politically? Fenerbache's head honchos to Galatasaray's money men, or vice versa?? Are Dortmund and Schalke making moves against each other off the pitch? I don't know, but I highly, highly doubt it. I can't see these teams having to defend themselves from political machinations from the other side. Our troubles were influenced by scum with friends in high places, no doubt.
We aren't allowed to just BE, everything about Rangers and being a Rangers fan is fair game for them to maliciously scrutinise and find fault and offence in. It's the sleekitness I hate the most, alongside their refusal to look at their atrocities honestly. It's always, ALWAYS; "Aye, but yous!"

Jealousy. They obsess about us more than they care for their own shitty team. Any victory (tainted or otherwise) is not celebrated but compared to our history and success. And they always fall short. For many of them it is jealousy, simple as. Why, I don’t know but maybe they should just try following their own team.

We enjoy victory as Rangers fans for our team’s successes. We will enjoy our future successes watching our team.

We sell out in D3 and upwards. They win the top league and close a tier of their shitty ground.

Why is the ingrained paranoia so,deep,with that lot? Nothing to do with religion as the guys who are from a Protestant background that support them are just as bad. I’ve Irish pals who support Man Utd and Liverpool and they are a great laugh and don’t carry this chip either.

in a general football chat they are the first to get a dig in about Rangers when they are not even in the conversation.
They know that they are an inferior sub- species, and can't escape the fact.

In a word, the schooling.

I went to school with and have a couple of Celtic fans in my circle who are generally speaking, alright.

The Celtic fans I work with are a totally different breed. The common denominator being the schools they went to.

I’ve also got a mate who is a Celtic fan who went to a non denominational school but his fiancées family are all catholic background and he’s gradually been getting worse over the past couple of years

that kind of against the point I made though as I know guys who went to catholic schools and don’t support Celtic who behave very differently. There are guys who support Celtic and don’t have a catholic background who behave in the same detestable fashion.

You can’t have a sensible conversation with any of them about football as in the Mai they want to bring their hate towards rangers to the fore. There are many who seem to love their hate for Rangers more than their live for their club playing football. I just don’t get that.

Uneducated, unwashed, offended by everything, embarrassed by nothing.

To be fair, the internet seems to bring the worst out in everyone. I know people who say horrible things online that are good people in real life. There;s plenty of Shettlestons who are scum but the internet, Id say, multiplies it.

They are fuckin deranged, seriously. Just been on Twitter and clearly this lockdown has multiplied the lunacy of these crackpots 10fold.
Every post concerning Rangers is absolutely polluted by the vile fuckers.
Their obsession is off the scale and seriously creepy. No other club in world football surely has to put up with what we do.
A vile institution founded on sectarian values, riddled by institutional paedophilia. Any other country in the world would have them closed down but this little shitehole panders to them.

With your typical Scottish one it has everything to do with religion, it's knocked into them from an early age and bled down through the generations to reinforce the Chapels teachings. More and more young Irish folk are turning their backs on religion, just as they do in Scotland, however, your Scottish Catholic clings to their religion and uses it as a sword and shield, no matter how detached they have became from their church.

They are told they are victims, the oppressed, that they are persecuted because of their religion and the Saville eleven represents them as such. In their minds everything is a conspiracy against them which is aided by zealot like behaviour, so when something does go wrong they feel like their world is caving in under a sectarian bombardment. Nothing ever just happens, it happens 'becos their kaffliks'.

The others who support them become just as warped, if not worse, trying to outdo their sellik minded pals in order to get accepted and justify themselves as one of them.

that kind of against the point I made though as I know guys who went to catholic schools and don’t support Celtic who behave very differently. There are guys who support Celtic and don’t have a catholic background who behave in the same detestable fashion.

You can’t have a sensible conversation with any of them about football as in the Mai they want to bring their hate towards rangers to the fore. There are many who seem to love their hate for Rangers more than their live for their club playing football. I just don’t get that.
Mate I'm in my late 50's and dont get it. I could live to be in my late 100's and I doubt would get it by then either. The rabid ones see conspiracy and persecution in everything. All I can fathom is that it is a passed down the generation thing coming from the vast majority of thems Irish heritage. Despite what you say the seperate education sysytem does have a lot to do with it as it congregates them from an early age and allows it to fester.

Everything they stand for, all their secrets, the carpet, hypocrisy and lack of soap, could go on for hours but in all honesty I'd end up frustrated with myself. Dirty horrible scumbags from the top to bottom from the owner to the board, management, playing staff, tea lady, ticket staff, mhedia and their sewer rat fans, absolute scum of the earth and not one of then has any shame.

In a way it seems like you're describing those with genuine football rivalry and nothing to do with religion or politics.

West of scotland mentally challengeds are unique in having a blend of paranoid, chip on the shoulder ,inferiority complex weasel like tendencies, never met any down south like that(yet) so I may be wrongly attributing those traits as WoS

Folks keep mentioning religion and schooling but I keep going back to my original point which is getting missed that that paranoia seems to be in the guys of the guys without that background too that are just Celtic fans

‘I also have to mention again my experiences with catholic Irish guys who have had the same schooling but support teams like Man Utd, Liverpool etc they don’t have the same bitterness towards guys who support Rangers or Rangers as a club as Celtic fans do.

it’s certainly not a healthy rivalry!

like you guys I hate Celtic but they certainly don’t consume me in the same fashion as Rangers seem to consume them. On an open mixed forum I don’t have need to mention them as I don’t care. To me there just seems a nasty element amongst them who rather than speak positively about their club would rather speak negatively about our club. It’s that I don get.

Said this for years, our 9 in a row crucified them. They watched us sweep the board in Scotland trophy wise and be the first to become involved in the glamour of the new champions league, winning the Battle of Britain against Leeds and so on .
They had players like van hooijdonk, Di Canio, Cadette etc they had a competitive side but couldn't stop the 9 don't be kidded its like us in reverse now.
O'Neil came in shortly after and along with Liewell seemed to encourage a more sinister hatred and this spread into the media.
An age group of 30s to 50s are particularly bitter and never recovered.The age group below is the off spring of those who suffered so bad and into their schools where sectarianism is bred .
Today they try and celebrate their recent trophy as an equal or better than Rangers, but deep down they know Rangers weren't there for 4 years and came back much weaker. Any challenge in cup competitions is quashed by referee's. Look at any close final in their run and you will see a lot of "honest mistakes". They know we as Rangers fans we have accepted where we are and as much as we didn't like it we haven't been physiologically destroyed the way they were and they don't like that either.
The more they seem to win the greater their hatred becomes because deep down they know its tainted, carries no glory and doesn't come anywhere near our 9 in a row.

With your typical Scottish one it has everything to do with religion, it's knocked into them from an early age and bled down through the generations to reinforce the Chapels teachings. More and more young Irish folk are turning their backs on religion, just as they do in Scotland, however, your Scottish Catholic clings to their religion and uses it as a sword and shield, no matter how detached they have became from their church.

They are told they are victims, the oppressed, that they are persecuted because of their religion and the Saville eleven represents them as such. In their minds everything is a conspiracy against them which is aided by zealot like behaviour, so when something does go wrong they feel like their world is caving in under a sectarian bombardment. Nothing ever just happens, it happens 'becos their kaffliks'.

The others who support them become just as warped, if not worse, trying to outdo their sellik minded pals in order to get accepted and justify themselves as one of them.

Great post.

Let’s also remember that players that sign for them often let this type of mentality manifest itself in their own psyche. Even though they may have had zero previous connection to the club.

They are not and never will be “The People” and this fact creates a deep rooted inferiority that haunts them every waking minute. Because of this all morals, integrity, self discipline, compassion for others and community spirit are lost. Selfishness, bitterness, obsession, stupidity, lack of personal hygiene are all telling factors in their behaviour. There is no known cure.

Last edited:
Back