The challenge on Halliday in 1st half

It was horrific. Straight red and lucky there was no season ending damage

Not that I'm defending Beaton, but it didn't look that bad watching it live. Only when I saw the replay did I realise how bad it was

They escaped a couple of red cards today. Not a surprise though that nothing was done. Beaton is just as incompetent as the rest of the SFA refs.

His foot was at knee height on the follow through.

The game up here will never improve when referees only send a player off for a tackle like that once every 15 times

It was a straight red on a Sunday morning blood and thunder pub league game. The fact it wasn't tonight is fucking laughable.

Didn’t realise till I got home that it was Jamie Hamill formerly of Kilmarnock. Always a bit of a hammer thrower with a massive chip on his shoulder when up against us. A right angry wee man. Thought he’s retired ages ago.

Not that I'm defending Beaton, but it didn't look that bad watching it live. Only when I saw the replay did I realise how bad it was

It looked awful live from BR1.

Couldn't believe it wasn't a booking.

according to one poster Halliday over sold how bad he got it!

madness!
That was me, and I stand by it.

It was a shocking tackle, and the guy would have been sent off against any other team, but that doesn't excuse that Halliday did the exact same routine he has done since signing for us - head in the arm, slapping the ground, waving his hand, only to be back up and complete the 90 mins.

I think it was worthy of a red card. Looking at the replays there is clear intent to connect high, well after the ball and player are obviously long gone. The fact it was so late and behind the play possibly made the Ref. think there wasn't any intent to injure. That's the only reason I can think why Hamill wasn't sent off.

Beaton is a c~unt. I watched it live and should have been a red, but then again he was a few yards from Defoe when he had the chimp all over him in the box and did fk all about it. Our spineless club should be all over this rat along with Clancy.
I almost expected the arsehole to book Defoe after that. In fact I think he ran over hoping that the keeper had actually taken a sore one so he could.

Noticed 'Craggs' trying to stir it a bit on commentary about the chimp getting a cut face - I reckon he tried to imply Defoe had set out to do him with an elbow, before Alex Rae pointed out the complete lack of intent.

Couldn't believe Miller & Durrant on RTV completely ignored the severity of it in commentary.
In the replays you see him taking his eye off the ball to see where Halliday was and then went right through him studs up. It was a shocker.

Didn’t realise till I got home that it was Jamie Hamill formerly of Kilmarnock. Always a bit of a hammer thrower with a massive chip on his shoulder when up against us. A right angry wee man. Thought he’s retired ages ago.

Saw the way he looked at Andy after it.....
it was deliberate and personal.

It was a shocking tackle, and the guy would have been sent off against any other team, but that doesn't excuse that Halliday did the exact same routine he has done since signing for us - head in the arm, slapping the ground, waving his hand, only to be back up and complete the 90 mins.
He has a low pain threshold. Gerrard slapped that kind of behaviour out of Barasic.

Having said that, it was a cxnt of a tackle that could easily have been career threatening and merited a red.

Hamills a dirty chunt!!
beaton is a cheating chunt!!
He was well placed to see this only yards away but still chose the wrong decision!!
said it before refs don’t mind sending a player off if it’s against the Tim’s but by god do they try to keep 11 men on against us regardless!!!

Posted on the match thread when I seen the team that Halliday would do one of his over exaggerated injuries only to get up and play on . Felt a bit guilty as I thought this time it was genuine .

He was literally hobbling about for the last 5 minutes of the half and also the first 10 minutes of the second half. It was a shocking challenge.

It needed to be a red card offence to get a yellow.

Beaton let's teams hammer into us. Stranraer could have got away with a lot more with this guy in charge.

I think it was worthy of a red card. Looking at the replays there is clear intent to connect high, well after the ball and player are obviously long gone. The fact it was so late and behind the play possibly made the Ref. think there wasn't any intent to injure. That's the only reason I can think why Hamill wasn't sent off.

the only reason?

He was literally hobbling about for the last 5 minutes of the half and also the first 10 minutes of the second half. It was a shocking challenge.
Show me where I said it wasn't. It's absolutely possible for it to be a shocking challenge and for Halliday to over exaggerate at the same time.

Is it unfair to say that Halliday has previous for doing exactly what I said? No, because we've all seen it literally dozens of times. If we've seen it, then the cheating/incompetent officials have seen it and it plants that seed of doubt in their mind that 'its probably not that bad, he overdoes it all the time' (not that they need any justification to avoid carding our opponents apparently).

Let's put it this way, I think if it was Katic who went down like that, a card would have been more likely.

If you watch it back Hamill looks at the ball then at Halliday, he has it in his head he is doing him. Straight red and a ban for intent.

Mentioned this to the wife last night. Andy does lay it on thick at times.

I seen it on a phone and it looked like a red to me.

For those saying Halliday was milking it were you at the game?
He struggled to run properly for the rest of the game.

Last edited:
Back